Sick of Shen's going for dps.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Encoding

04-04-2010

Seriously, you're only gimping your team. Shen is made to be a tank. I'm tired of losing games because people think Shen is a DPS class and they take none of his support skills. I just lost a TT game because our Shen went for a Phantom Dancer first. He never got his ult.

I'd like to hear some reasons why people play a DPS shen rather than "derp it says hes a fighter".

Astax

04-04-2010

What is the dps build? Cause if he goes frozen mallet only, I can forgive that.

Encoding

04-04-2010

Oh no. He started with a Vampiric Scepter, moved into the Mark of Valor(sp?) [hp/5 and life steal to allies] (I thought he was going for a buffbot tank). Then he got Berserker's Greaves, and then a Phantom Dancer.

ChaosGopherSucks

04-04-2010

lol i was wondering what u were complaining about up till zerker's cause shen with stark's is all right to me. And then I read the rest and loled XD

Sleiph

04-04-2010

DPS Shen is stupid. Period. Almost anyone else with damage skills can do dps BETTER than him.
Not to mention shen's ultimate requires you to target another hero to be of any use.
Dps Janna > Dps shen for a comparison.
Heimer could flat out own shen (turrets don't trigger feint).

AD and AS shens are among the WORST builds for shen.
AD has ZERO synergy with his skills. Thats right. Zero.
AS has little use EXCEPT for applying his passive. Even if you're landing it that many times, you're dead from taking the hits to refresh it AND you don't have the HP to make it do any REAL damage.
AP has SOME usefulness with his skills but still again, its a situational mini nuke + reliance on a 1 hit shield as well as a buffed ulti. The ratios simply aren't high enough to make you survive long enough 1v1 or even 2v2 to really even do dps that any other champ can do better.

TL;DNR Anyone building Dps shen needs to stop playing shen. Just cause he looks cool doing it doesn't mean you should. Roll Crit dinger if you want something for s and g.

Anrian Dayin

04-04-2010

I still think it will be a little while before people realize that Shen is in fact a tank. I guess there is something counter intuitive about playing a ninja as a tank...I think it was a mistake for them to make him a tank build, but either way he is and should be played as such. Main problem with posting this topic: people that make DPS builds for him are the ones that wouldn't bother reading the forums.

Just a side question...anyone play TF against Shen? So annoying, it makes your gate essentially useless if they know what they are doing...

Decendt

04-04-2010

well... I cant exactly say I am a DPS Shen, but I tend to find it my style to stack 2 Rod of Ages, a leviathan...and a lichbane if the game prolongs

DayMan24

04-05-2010

I wouldn't knock dps shen unless you have tried it first. I usually play AP shen and it can be very effective. I usually just stack rylai's so i get the ability power and still have the ability to tank a little, also with the health on rylai's you increase ki strike damage so it helps you out in many ways. Using this build with AP runes I can spam vorpal blade early and rack up some early kills.

I can't say anything about AD or AS shen because I haven't tried them.