Taric Completely Outclassed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CarlSagansCosmos

04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voistriser View Post
Now this raises a bigger question. Is Taric doomed to a life of an Auradin with Aegis, starks, soul shroud or are there other viable builds for higher level play?

I haven't seen a sucessful Attack power build(I'm not saying there isn't one, I just havn't seen or played against one), but I have seen multiple version of him. The best ones I've seen work against the composition of the opposing team, rather than a cookie cutter build.

For example, in a match with 3 burst DPS mages, I saw one carry their team to victory buy buying MR (banshee's veil for instance).

The aura thing is a good team buffer, but not a necessity. I usually don't like having one person in a group with all the auras, just because if they burn them down, you lose it. A good team will usually have everyone buying their own team auras.

Since he's a tank, it's important to keep an eye and know your enemies. Actually, that's the same for anyone. Learning to build against an enemy.

KeVoN xD

04-04-2010

You haven`t read at all taric`s abilities, his armor skill is an aura for all nearby allie, so its not only 30 armor to him, its 30 armor to his nearby teammate too, plus you can change it to -30 to enemy champs.

Taric can heal whatever he want, with imbue.

And rally increase the attack damage off all teammate, that means +damage to all, plus heal. but comparing that with sion, he has to keep atacking so his heal worth something, so it is easy shutdown by armor, cc`s, and he has to be in melee range, if he goes dps he will be squishie, so he won`t last much if he didn`t make it to start punching someone face.

sry for my english

SALudos

CarbunkleFlux

04-04-2010

I don't understand how you can max Imbue last in favor of Shatter. Of course it's going to be useless then!
but it's too valuable to neglect like that! If you're not going to Imbue and Dazzle primarily, then why -are- you playing Taric?

Ahhpple

04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voistriser View Post
Ahhpple, you're useless.
Not as useless as Sion is when compared to Taric.

inept

04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbunkleFlux View Post
I don't understand how you can max Imbue last in favor of Shatter. Of course it's going to be useless then!
but it's too valuable to neglect like that! If you're not going to Imbue and Dazzle primarily, then why -are- you playing Taric?
wow baddie alert..any good taric knows to max shatter first, its a godly spell. You only need 1 point in dazzle as the stun duration stays the same..it only does a little more damage. You max imbue 2nd, dumping the rest into dazzle at the end

CarbunkleFlux

04-04-2010

Quote:
wow baddie alert..any good taric knows to max shatter first, its a godly spell. You only need 1 point in dazzle as the stun duration stays the same..it only does a little more damage. You max imbue 2nd, dumping the rest into dazzle at the end
Who said anything about -maxing- Dazzle? You're gonna be -using- it primarily.
Imbue is incredibly important. Shatter is secondary as Taric should not be getting kills in the first place. Unless you're DPS Taric, but you're not gonna rely on shatter in that situation because you'll have like no AP.

You throw around 'baddie' so freely before you even know anything, the term's gonna lose its meaning.

Eppa

04-04-2010

Quote:
Who said anything about -maxing- Dazzle? You're gonna be -using- it primarily.
Imbue is incredibly important. Shatter is secondary as Taric should not be getting kills in the first place. Unless you're DPS Taric, but you're not gonna rely on shatter in that situation because you'll have like no AP.

You throw around 'baddie' so freely before you even know anything, the term's gonna lose its meaning.
Shatter > imbue
Still you should have both imbue and dazzle at 3.

Shatter gives armor aura, Armor debuff and damage.

Orwell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2010

If you are going for a tank...then yes, I say sion is better. As for someone that is better as an all around better player...Taric

-AoE shield.
-Healing for self and team.
-Throw Chalice of Harmony on him and magic regen isn't a problem.

Taric all the way baby.

CarbunkleFlux

04-04-2010

Quote:
Shatter > imbue
Still you should have both imbue and dazzle at 3.

Shatter gives armor aura, Armor debuff and damage.
I never said Shatter was useless, but it should always be secondary to Imbue.

Imbue keeps your presence strong in the lane. It keeps you and your teammate alive even during heavy harrassing. Shatter isn't going to help that much during the laning phase except as an armor aura, so there's no reason to rush it to 5 when Imbue is going to have more utility right then and there.

As for Dazzle, why level Dazzle over -any- of his other abilities? All leveling it boosts is the damage and that's not what you're using it for. It should be no question that it goes last--after you get that one point in it early on of course.

RocketSlug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2010

Quote:
Shatter isn't going to help that much during the laning phase except as an armor aura, so there's no reason to rush it to 5 when Imbue is going to have more utility right then and there.
This is where I'd respectfully disagree. You forget you can activate it for damage and an armor debuff, and that's where it really shines.

The handful of times I've played Taric, Shatter has always been immensely useful. While stunning someone with dazzle scares just about anyone off, if they stick around I rush in, shatter and start going Maxwell on their head. Usually it's enough to send anyone packing to their tower. Heck, I've gotten a handful of first bloods this way, too.

While some people like laning with Jax or another melee DPS character when they're Taric, I found a lot of success with my friend as Janna. We both grab a Mana Manipulator and spam our harass spells. It's absolutely delicious because we're almost never in any mana trouble and our spells can take you out if you try to get smart with us.