Taric Completely Outclassed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Remiko Elliot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2010

I'm definitely being serious. Of course missile travel time matters. For characters like Kassadin, the slow travel time on his Null Sphere allows him to dive into towers, shoot off a spell, and run back out of tower range before the missile lands, allowing him to harass better. Also, slower missile speed means its easier to flash out of its trajectory.

If you are chasing someone, you want a longer range on your stun and a faster missile speed so you allow them to cover less distance.

Also, it is true that Taric's Radiance gives a better boost if you were to be in a physical heavy team. However, that'd just be asking for the other team to get some armor and a thornmail.
Building a team around Taric would mean reducing your options for diversity.

ChaosGopherSucks

04-04-2010

Taric group heals and pushes towers more. More importantly, that group heal is what makes him deadly in a teamfight.

IN higher ELO, what Sion brings can be countered, but Taric will be contributing to the team.

As for your projectile traveling speed, it doesn't matter. As long as I managed to target a person with a skill, it will keep following him/her until it hits. the spell RANGE determines how much you have to travel before you can TARGET and therefore whether you have to tower dive or not, not the speed.

LordWalmart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2010

I build taric with ap and mana pool personally

it makes the ult heal much more and with a pool of around 2000 mana i can keep that ult on for quite awhile tank towers and such

its fun

Ahhpple

04-04-2010

Taric completely outclasses Sion and if you don't understand why you're terrible. peace

Remiko Elliot

04-04-2010

Ahhpple, you're useless. I have made it clear in my original post that I am not trying to bash Taric. I actually would like tips to improve my play. You offer nothing to the discussion at hand other than trolling.

CarlSagansCosmos

04-04-2010

Taric abilities are difficult to compare to Sions. Taric's heal allows him and his lain partner to stay in lain much longer. His armor (as long as you don't keep it continually shattered), will end up reducing more damage over the long term, and is beneficial to the team (this with his heal allow him to soke up alot more damage, and not just him, but any allie he's near). When I lain against sion and I see his shield up, I can usually avoid it and keep a distance till it goes off.

The heal of Taric's ulti is somewhat negligible, but, you may find in pushing a tower, it'll offer a bit more time to bring down the tower (the healing property may allow one additional tower hit) as well as helping to bring it down faster (extra damage). A good combo I've seen pushing a tower before was taric and Sivir with ulti's on take it down incredibly fast.

I don't think Taric outclasses sion, nor vice-versa.

OLI HC

04-04-2010

taric is way better for a team, period. he heals, stuns, buffs, hes got everything to gank, push, take turrets. but since people are selfish and dumb (solo game) they dont play taric or try to awkwardly build him as dps and fail, taric makes team alot more efficient, sion doesnt.

xahhfink6

04-04-2010

Taric is currently the most overpowered character in the metagame, without a doubt.

Obvious troll is obvious

Keysaki

04-04-2010

I enjoy Posts like this. OP you are fantastic, you took the time to post a VERY well thought out post.

Ill try to Outline a few reasons why Taric is better In higher ELO play.

Ill start with Skills.

Dazzle Vs C-Gaze

Because both are Used for the same thing, they are almost Identical. Dazzle has a better range therefore is better over all. Being able to Stun a Backline carry in a team fight Is much more important than stunning and dealing a small amount of damage to a tank in the melee zone.

Shatter Vs Shield

Shatter is passive. Also in a team fight it gives -30 armor to everyone it hits... Fantastic for mid way through to let your carrys start hammering away. While Sions shield probably has better Damage Mitigation. It is also an active skill that only benefits Sion.

Heal Vs Enrage

Only skill I might give to Sion. Flat Hp is always nice. However Imbue gives Taric a great lane phase making him and his partner almost impossible to harass.

Walking Rally Vs Massive Lifeleach

Basically, Taric's is better... for every reason imaginable...
Taric: Heals Team, and makes EVERYONE deal more Dmg, Makes pushing towers redic easy.
Sion: Heals self, Increase his own dmg, does nothing for tower pushing.

So all in all Taric is much more efficient.

Lane phase: Taric 1, Sion 0
Imbue + Mana Manip = Almost no reason to return. The stun is also nice for this time.
Sion has a bit better def, however he is harrassable.

Midgame: Taric 2, Sion 0
At this point Taric is much better geared, all It take for him ti really start making a difference is an Aegis. While he cannot hold his ulti for that long at this point its still great for pushing dmg into a tower.

Late Game: Taric 3, Sion 0
Basically at this point Taric should be able to Push lanes with a Carry and help his team win team fight A LOT. If he has Starks its silly.

Hope that Helps a Bit.

~Key

Remiko Elliot

04-04-2010

Thanks Keysaki for taking your time to post a well thought out response. Obviously, people will still think that a post that I made with a lot of effort and a bit of math is simply trolling even the title of the thread and many points in the post specifically asks whether the thesis is true or not and asks for tips. I mean, I have stated very clearly that I have played 47 games with Taric but only dabbled with Sion.

I actually completely forgot how great Taric's early game is because of his 3 abilities. Taric paired up with a heavy burst dps like jax is absolutely ridiculous.

Now this raises a bigger question. Is Taric doomed to a life of an Auradin with Aegis, starks, soul shroud or are there other viable builds for higher level play?