Maokai assistance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ewiec

07-08-2011

So I keep rereading over his ultimate and I would like someone to help confirm.

Maokai shields his allies by drawing power from hostile spells and attacks, reducing non-tower damage done to allied champions in the area by 20%. Maokai can prolong the effect as long as he has mana to spend on it. When the effect ends, Maokai unleashes the absorbed energy to deal 100 / 150 / 200 (+50% of ability power) (+2 bonus damage per damage absorbed) damage to enemies within the vortex. Maximum 200 / 250 / 300 bonus damage.

Now i understand that if the spell is cast then released it will do a certain amount of damage + a % of your ability power. But for the next part where it stats " +2 bonus damage per damage absorbed" Does this mean that all Attack Damage + Ability Power + plus Items adds to it? For instance if xin attacks 5 times doing 100 damage each time does that mean that i get 2 added bonus damage for everyone single point of damage he does or is it for every attack dealt i get +2 bonus damage?

I also watched the champion spotlight and phreak stated it only takes from the 20% reduced damage. Again the same question from that 20% damage reduced is it every one damage dealt i get +2 bonus damage?

Please assist.

Ewiec

07-08-2011

bump.

McBruha

07-08-2011

Example 1: Just Maokai (L6, 50ap) in his own circle taking 1000 damage (magic and physical from creeps and heroes).

200 damage absorbed (any damage nontower)
Damage to enemies in the circle when snapped = 400 from absorb + Base 100 damage + 25 from ap

The real question is whether that damage is distributed to each enemy in the circle, or divided amongst them...

Example 2: 5 team level 18 members in circle take a full AOE barrage for 2000 each.

Total damage recieved = 10,000
Damage shielded = 2,000
4,000 damage from shielded + base 200 damage + 1/2AP

Makes for a prety funny ult.

Not sure if this still occurs in this patch, but i believe i recall that the ult applied rylai's at some point, even though it does no damage until it snaps. Even if it doesn't, its a pretty quick recast, even if only for a quick-snap team slow.

Reamer

07-08-2011

umm it has a cap on the bonus dmg. i want to say its 300 at rank 3.

so you cant suicide bomb with a GA and take a whole team with ya

ie
Total damage recieved = 10,000
Damage shielded = 2,000
300 damage from shielded + base 200 damage + 1/2AP

make for a good pop but no suicide bombing

P Ko

07-09-2011

Never use it for the damage is all I'll say. It's only real use is to protect your team.

FaerellG

07-09-2011

Definitely, Mao's ult means "everyone stand in the circle"