High price of Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luckyone001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2011

i've bought about 50 dollars worth of IP since beta...

wth are you complaining about? they are still a business, and they need money.

The game has nothing even close to "pay to win" so you arn't forced to buy anything actually.

Ungrateful scrub ;o

DMagnific

06-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynram View Post
You have to remember when the game first started, they didn't have anywhere near as many champions as they do now... So someone like you, who's just starting it can seem overwhelming with the amount of champions at higher prices. But that can be said for ANY game, you start late and you're behind the curb... They can't just reduce prices because YOU want to own every champion for cheap (with free champions every week, you don't even need to own every champion. Not to mention the fact that you shouldn't waste ip on champs you're not sure about/don't like). The way you're looking at it, it's a race to see how fast you can get ip to get champions, as you stated you're not even 30 yet. Whats the rush? Why do you want every single champion? Since you're not willing to spend a few dollars here and there, you're going to have to put in the time to get the champions, or you're going to have just stop trying to own them all.
I'm sorry to nitpick, but it's behind the curve.

I guess I was a bit misleading when I said that I was only level 12 (I am) because I started a while ago but only started playing again recently. I know that I'm behind the curve but I always will be because I'm not going to spend 48 hours each time I want a champ who's new. I'm not trying to get every champion, and I do play the weekly free ones (which is a great feature) but most of these are the cheapest champs, and I see them all of the time. I might seem ungrateful but it is unreasonable to make every new hero virtually unreachable.

Rindon Calsar

06-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarcuthra View Post
Ummm...are you completely daft?

It's free to play ONLY because some people spend money on RP.

You CAN play the game just fine without ever spending a single dollar...you have access to all content except alternate artwork for champions. All you need to do is win a game a day, and you can afford a 6300 IP champion every month with some IP to spare.

What on Earth are you complaining about!?!?

Please wake up.

Riot is not a charity.
This.

People who QQ about free games...... Ridiculous.

Lower Levels

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynram View Post
You have to remember when the game first started, they didn't have anywhere near as many champions as they do now... So someone like you, who's just starting it can seem overwhelming with the amount of champions at higher prices. But that can be said for ANY game, you start late and you're behind the curb... They can't just reduce prices because YOU want to own every champion for cheap (with free champions every week, you don't even need to own every champion. Not to mention the fact that you shouldn't waste ip on champs you're not sure about/don't like). The way you're looking at it, it's a race to see how fast you can get ip to get champions, as you stated you're not even 30 yet. Whats the rush? Why do you want every single champion? Since you're not willing to spend a few dollars here and there, you're going to have to put in the time to get the champions, or you're going to have just stop trying to own them all.

This +1

Animus1

06-20-2011

Let me just say that I am VERY impressed at Riot's free to play model. The fact that you can get EVERY champion seems extreemly generous compared to every other free to play game that I have ever tried. Also there are many fun champions for less then 4800. If you want a high price champion, just save. I only takes me a week of about 10 games a day to get a 6300 champ. This seems mild compared to most other ftp games. Besides if they did away with RP, Riot would die. They need money too, and this is the first ftp game that I heve every decided to pay money for in the future, simple because I want to support the incredible company.

yourdeath my win

06-20-2011

dude LoL needs to also buff some of the 6300 and reduce some of their powers because a 6300 isn't supposed to be the hardest champ in the world to play as because they nerf the said champion so hard, and it shouldn't be easy, like rumble for instance, to survive and get easy kills, and some champions like Yi are over-powered

And besides i'm not mad about the cost of champions just mad that skin of Teemo costs 15 or more bucks

DMagnific

06-20-2011

Just to be clear I never said get rid of RP because Riot is full of greedy b*stards and this entire game should be free. I said that there are a lot of 6,300 IP champs, and it takes a lot of time to save up for one of them.

tabura

06-20-2011

You think its a free game? It costs money to run servers dude. If you really want champs so badly, buy RP and feel good for supporting Riot. If not, quit your *****ing and just buy the champs. Its not like playing LoL is hard work.