LoL - "Deceptively Free"? No.

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 23
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Counting Stars

04-03-2010

http://goty.gamespy.com/2009/special-awards-22.html

Whoever wrote that should be fired for slander.

I had spent zero dollars on this game up until Urfwick. I have plenty of champions and enough T3 runes to fill two general pages for the champions I play most.

LoL is not deceptively free, LoL is free.

And Gamespy is trash-tier.

Though soon I will be buying more RP for IP boosts and skins but anyone could easily play this game without paying a all.

BAGELBOT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2010

The point is, in order to unlock all of the content that many games readily have available, you either are going to have to invest a significant amount of time and effort or shell out cash for it. Sure you can easily not pay anything and have a playable experience, but you can never experience the full breadth of the game without doing one (or both) of the aforementioned.

monkow

04-03-2010

leave britney alone

Metal Panther

04-03-2010

Do you not remember Everyone 1998 to 2004 games asking you to sign up to gamespy,Saying you didnt want the emails and getting them anyway. Noone ever listens to gamespy,They even have evony ads on there site.

BAGELBOT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2010

On a side note, slander refers to speech. You want them to be fired for libel.
THE MORE YOU KNOW! *shooting star*

Xpander

04-03-2010

LoL is free.

I Got almost 30 champs unlocked and a lot of tier 3 runes with maybe buying 2-3 champs for real money and skins, that's it. I play on euro server.

Could easily spend nothing and have as much fun.

Sefam

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGELBOT View Post
The point is, in order to unlock all of the content that many games readily have available, you either are going to have to invest a significant amount of time and effort or shell out cash for it. Sure you can easily not pay anything and have a playable experience, but you can never experience the full breadth of the game without
doing one (or both) of the aforementioned.
This. Anyone who played DotA knows having all the champions is an advantage.

HeyJon

04-03-2010

i got almost all the champions unlocked, 2 runes books filled with t3 runes and more extra ones. all free o_o

Meta

04-03-2010

Oh Noez!

You mean in order to unlock the content I have to spend time PLAYING THE GAME!?!?!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE TRAVESTY!!!! HOW COULD ANYONE MAKE ME DO ANYTHING SO HORRID TO UNLOCK CONTENT!!!!

*sigh*

Xpander

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefam View Post
This. Anyone who played DotA knows having all the champions is an advantage.

To a new player in this game it doesn't matter, and by the time you learn all the champs to a high level you will have them

1234511 ... 23