What do you think of Sheen changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imhuge

09-24-2010

Sheen and Trinity went up to 100% and 150% respectively but I've been playing around with the new cooldown and it seems to be more specialized than before.

With the old cooldown system, you could activate it, wait for the cooldown while you still had the buff, then attack and activate it again. With the new system, you activate it but you must attack before the cooldown runs.

The damage increase gives the new items almost as much burst as the old 80%/130% items. But now you definitely need 2 low cooldown spells or 1 really low cooldown spell to spam Sheen's effect.

I've been seeing a few people buy it on support champs; I'm guessing since they often have fairly low cooldowns or don't need to chain all their spells and most have ranged attacks.

It sounds weird but I really think Sona could use it well alongside her passive. Other champs that benefit from the change are Nasus, Akali (with old system, it was partially wasted), and Sion (does Shield toggle activate it?).

EchoRex

09-24-2010

Sheen/TriForce/LB changes basically nerfed the **** out of the champions that were using them as must have core items, and didn't change much for those champions that the items were not mandatory for.

The percentage changes were just unnerfings from about nine months ago.

imhuge

09-24-2010

It's not really a unnerf since they changed the cooldown thing; old cooldown you could get 1 to 4 uses in a 4 second period, new cooldown you can get 1 to 2 in a 4 second period, so the damage % change is less significant for burst

I'm interested to know what people think which champions have Sheen or Trinity as core items (not Lich Bane)

Carados

09-24-2010

Nidalee.

(She builds it into Lich Bane, but she can keep it as sheen for quite a time)

BigBlueFish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
Sheen/TriForce/LB changes basically nerfed the **** out of the champions that were using them as must have core items, and didn't change much for those champions that the items were not mandatory for.
Sheen has always been a core item for Nasus and it just made it better for him.

MrGood

09-24-2010

Nasus and Udyr, i like it on Udyr .

DoomManufact

09-24-2010

it's pretty decent on shaco, but noone really cares b/c he's mostly UP

HanzGruber

09-24-2010

Alistar once again benefits from sheen, but still not so much with trinity. Blitz never really stopped using sheen in his core build, with the same going for poppy. Ezreal, Corki, and even Eve (though the recent nerf hurt her badly,) all benefit from it as well.

Carados

09-24-2010

You shouldn't be building Sheen on either Corki or Blitz. Blitz needs to rush CDR ASAP so he can actually do his job, and Corki has much, much better items to buy.

HanzGruber

09-24-2010

That's a very situational statement. Sheen helps AP corki get an early damage/mana boost on his way to lichbane. For Blitz, that mainly depends if he's the main tank, or if he's an initiator/burst build.