Cap on CDR?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rauros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2010

Is there a limit to how much CDR you can stack? I think I read that the most you can have is 25% CDR but that seems quite low...

Bladee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2010

40% is the max

smithz

04-03-2010

Is 1% in runes the same as 1% on in game items.

What is the max CDR you can get from runes (all t3 + quints)? I calculate 19.17 can anyone confirm?

Weretoad

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithz View Post
Is 1% in runes the same as 1% on in game items.

What is the max CDR you can get from runes (all t3 + quints)? I calculate 19.17 can anyone confirm?
I have the same number, so at the very least our math seems right.

Rauros

04-03-2010

Awesome, thanks for the responses guys. I was just building a Nashor's Tooth or Frozen Heart in some builds to get to the 25%.

I kinda wish there was an attack damage item with 25% CDR on it. Would be nice if the Brutalizer build into something a bit higher.

wildfire393

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauros View Post
Awesome, thanks for the responses guys. I was just building a Nashor's Tooth or Frozen Heart in some builds to get to the 25%.

I kinda wish there was an attack damage item with 25% CDR on it. Would be nice if the Brutalizer build into something a bit higher.
They're testing an improved version of the Brutalizer on the TR where it upgrades with an Avarice blade to give more everything (including 15% cdr) and has an active effect a la Deathfire Grasp.

Blugyblug

04-03-2010

The cap with items is 40%.

However Ryze can go over the 40% CDR limit. He has a passive that reduces all his spells cooldowns by 1 whenever he casts another spell.

malphismia

04-04-2010

Just wondering - how much CDR does the golem buff give? I usually get brutalizer and CDR runes, but if its passing the cap, then I might remove brutalizer.

Koop

04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
Just wondering - how much CDR does the golem buff give? I usually get brutalizer and CDR runes, but if its passing the cap, then I might remove brutalizer.

It gives 25%, I believe.

Sarpati

04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
It scales based on level. Max is 25%.

Some tips on runes/masteries: in-game, CDR gets rounded. 9 flat CDR glyphs ends up being 6%. For a 9/0/21 build, you can use those for 15% CDR at level 1, and 40% with golem, nashor's tooth, haunting guise + deathfire grasp, etc.

For a build focused on offense, these glyphs put you at 9%. You can take a quint or 3 seals to get you to 10%.

There are many other options. For anyone that only benefits from CDR late game (not enough mana/no need to spam early game, great R with Q W E abilities that don't benefit from CDR, etc.), 9/0/21 with CDR/18 Glyphs puts you at 17% - you can get 20% with seals, 24% with quints (25% with 2-3 seals) or around 27% with both (nearly caps out with just Spirit Visage).