Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Cap on CDR?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rauros

04-03-2010

Is there a limit to how much CDR you can stack? I think I read that the most you can have is 25% CDR but that seems quite low...

Bladee

04-03-2010

40% is the max

smithz

04-03-2010

Is 1% in runes the same as 1% on in game items.

What is the max CDR you can get from runes (all t3 + quints)? I calculate 19.17 can anyone confirm?

04-03-2010

Quote:
smithz:
Is 1% in runes the same as 1% on in game items.

What is the max CDR you can get from runes (all t3 + quints)? I calculate 19.17 can anyone confirm?

I have the same number, so at the very least our math seems right.

Rauros

04-03-2010

Awesome, thanks for the responses guys. I was just building a Nashor's Tooth or Frozen Heart in some builds to get to the 25%.

I kinda wish there was an attack damage item with 25% CDR on it. Would be nice if the Brutalizer build into something a bit higher.

wildfire393

04-03-2010

Quote:
Rauros:
Awesome, thanks for the responses guys. I was just building a Nashor's Tooth or Frozen Heart in some builds to get to the 25%.

I kinda wish there was an attack damage item with 25% CDR on it. Would be nice if the Brutalizer build into something a bit higher.

They're testing an improved version of the Brutalizer on the TR where it upgrades with an Avarice blade to give more everything (including 15% cdr) and has an active effect a la Deathfire Grasp.

Blugyblug

04-03-2010

The cap with items is 40%.

However Ryze can go over the 40% CDR limit. He has a passive that reduces all his spells cooldowns by 1 whenever he casts another spell.

malphismia

04-04-2010

Just wondering - how much CDR does the golem buff give? I usually get brutalizer and CDR runes, but if its passing the cap, then I might remove brutalizer.

Koop

04-04-2010

Quote:
MatadorRED:
Just wondering - how much CDR does the golem buff give? I usually get brutalizer and CDR runes, but if its passing the cap, then I might remove brutalizer.

It gives 25%, I believe.

Sarpati

04-04-2010

Quote:
MatadorRED:

It scales based on level. Max is 25%.

Some tips on runes/masteries: in-game, CDR gets rounded. 9 flat CDR glyphs ends up being 6%. For a 9/0/21 build, you can use those for 15% CDR at level 1, and 40% with golem, nashor's tooth, haunting guise + deathfire grasp, etc.

For a build focused on offense, these glyphs put you at 9%. You can take a quint or 3 seals to get you to 10%.

There are many other options. For anyone that only benefits from CDR late game (not enough mana/no need to spam early game, great R with Q W E abilities that don't benefit from CDR, etc.), 9/0/21 with CDR/18 Glyphs puts you at 17% - you can get 20% with seals, 24% with quints (25% with 2-3 seals) or around 27% with both (nearly caps out with just Spirit Visage).