[Guide] When to Dodge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BoogiepopPhantom

04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvywpnsguy View Post

Please read carefully. I have not said this is THE absolute answer to all situations. This is just a guideline. It does not apply only to me but to other players out there.

Also, some people just can't play tank. If every five members of your team cannot play tank at all, wouldn't that be a reason to dodge? However, I myself pick my champion last in champion select. I like to fill 'the missing gap.' If you know what I mean.

Also, I am trying to have a constructive thread here. So, please refrain from name-calling like, 'wuss or complainer.'

Ok, I apolagize about the name calling. That was out of line. But it frustrates me that you're recommending that people que dodge for reasons that are under their control instead of fixing the problems and playing the game.

If you can't play a tank, then you should find one you like and learn. Sion is a good choice to fill out a team as he can be played as a mage nuker, tank with a stun or as a melee DPS. He can add needed CC or a needed melee dps or tank depending on how you build him. For the price of learning how to play one hero you can now be versatile enough to never need to que dodge again. Sion has a little of everything so he isn't necessarily the best at any one role but he is cheap and easy to learn to play.

If you think that even if you change your hero choice it will still be a bad team, then try talking to your allies before you just leave. Champion select gives plenty of time to do this. Just tell them in chat that this team makeup is lacking in whatever area and ask if someone can switch to fill that role. Usually if you do this someone will switch.

Ten seconds of conversation can save everyone the irritation of a que dodge. It isn't hard.

And with the heroes that you dislike playing with, you can also ask them to change. A quick explanation of why you dislike playing with him will likely save everyone from the irritation of having you dodge. Just be polite here, because if you are rude he probably won't listen to you.

Instead of telling people when to que dodge, we should be teaching them how to avoid ever needing to que dodge.

I don't ever que dodge, because I don't need to. I talk to my teammates and use my own hero choice and summoner spell choice to balance a team.

hvywpnsguy

04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogiepopPhantom View Post
Ok, I apolagize about the name calling. That was out of line. But it frustrates me that you're recommending that people que dodge for reasons that are under their control instead of fixing the problems and playing the game.

If you can't play a tank, then you should find one you like and learn. Sion is a good choice to fill out a team as he can be played as a mage nuker, tank with a stun or as a melee DPS. He can add needed CC or a needed melee dps or tank depending on how you build him. For the price of learning how to play one hero you can now be versatile enough to never need to que dodge again. Sion has a little of everything so he isn't necessarily the best at any one role but he is cheap and easy to learn to play.

If you think that even if you change your hero choice it will still be a bad team, then try talking to your allies before you just leave. Champion select gives plenty of time to do this. Just tell them in chat that this team makeup is lacking in whatever area and ask if someone can switch to fill that role. Usually if you do this someone will switch.

Ten seconds of conversation can save everyone the irritation of a que dodge. It isn't hard.

And with the heroes that you dislike playing with, you can also ask them to change. A quick explanation of why you dislike playing with him will likely save everyone from the irritation of having you dodge. Just be polite here, because if you are rude he probably won't listen to you.

Instead of telling people when to que dodge, we should be teaching them how to avoid ever needing to que dodge.

I don't ever que dodge, because I don't need to. I talk to my teammates and use my own hero choice and summoner spell choice to balance a team.

Thank you for your input. i will edit my post to discouraging ppl queue-dodging.

BoogiepopPhantom

04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnacus Maximus View Post
If i see another stealther when i'm playing shaco, insta dodge.
Here is a novel idea, why don't you just change your hero choice, or ask the other stealther to change his rather than dodging? Or is typing for ten seconds too difficult for you? Are you really so self centered that you refuse to make a hero choice that helps the team even when you know that your current choice is making the team bad?

Insisting that the other guy always has to change his hero choice so you don't have to, while at the same time insisting that there shouldn't be two stealthers on one team just makes you a hypocrite, since you aren't willing to do what you expect others to do.

If you are level 30 and don't enjoy playing more than one hero there is something wrong with you.

Pwnacus Maximus

04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogiepopPhantom View Post
Here is a novel idea, why don't you just change your hero choice, or ask the other stealther to change his rather than dodging? Or is typing for ten seconds too difficult for you? Are you really so self centered that you refuse to make a hero choice that helps the team even when you know that your current choice is making the team bad?

Insisting that the other guy always has to change his hero choice so you don't have to, while at the same time insisting that there shouldn't be two stealthers on one team just makes you a hypocrite, since you aren't willing to do what you expect others to do.

If you are level 30 and don't enjoy playing more than one hero there is something wrong with you.
out of all of the times that this has happened to me, they always refuse to change their hero. alot of times in solo queues people have their mind set on what hero to play, and don't respond well to people asking them to change. what really fustrates me is when they obviously see me pick shaco, and go ahead and pick another stealther anyway. i've been trying to buy more heroes so that this doesn't have to happen, i've almost got enough for ezreal now.

And no, i'm not level thirty, i'm 1/3 of the way to level 21. I only know how to play and own couple heroes, and i'd rather play what I'm best at(shaco) and have a good chance of winning instead of playing one i'm not and losing.

Ferg

04-04-2010

You shouldn't queue dodge ever in my opinion. Ya you might have a greater chance at losing based upon team make-up but then again perhaps you'll get lucky and see someone use a strategy you've never seen before or just see someone who's -mad good- at a champ you thought would suck.

I main Gragas and people queue dodge me, for sure. Yet every 3-4 games I'm generally told that I'm an amazing Gragas player and often that I'm the best they've ever seen. (This sounds really pompous but when you consider that most people have only ever seen like 1 or 2 Gragas' before it's nothing all that special)

Ultimately queue dodging does a disservice to yourself and I don't think that winning in an online video game should be so important. You can have fun and still lose, I hope people realize that.

ak47training

04-05-2010

Quote:
I agree with you on everything except solomid heroes. There are very good tristana, nidalee, ashe players out there. kimmmiiin is one of the best tristana players I've seen. Good ashe players are just incredibly hard to kill with their infinite snare. Nidalee mid is just pure win.
I've actually meant ashe, nid and trist (or sivir or you name it) all three in the same team raging over "who takes mid" :< I witness it quite often, as my main is Nid.
Sometimes I gently ask during champion selection phase for a mid lane, nobody complains, I pick Nid and then this Mord/Ezreal just waltzes mid and keeps ignoring me when I ask him to go away. Non-mid Nid is kinda meh :<
Quote:
I main Gragas and people queue dodge me, for sure.
I'd never dodge Gragas. His barrel + my harpoon spam is awesome initiate.

Xzeric

04-05-2010

Most of this is somewhat agree with but most certainly not leaving because there is any charecter. Absolutley every charecter in hte game can do very well, almost everytime I see Janna she goes at easily around 1:1 and I personally rape face with Trynd who in my eyes if farmed well enough can outdamage Jax.

Bellicus

04-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
those are your scores, but how many of them were wins?
all 5 were victories

solo queue'd

hvywpnsguy

04-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
You shouldn't queue dodge ever in my opinion. Ya you might have a greater chance at losing based upon team make-up but then again perhaps you'll get lucky and see someone use a strategy you've never seen before or just see someone who's -mad good- at a champ you thought would suck.

I main Gragas and people queue dodge me, for sure. Yet every 3-4 games I'm generally told that I'm an amazing Gragas player and often that I'm the best they've ever seen. (This sounds really pompous but when you consider that most people have only ever seen like 1 or 2 Gragas' before it's nothing all that special)

Ultimately queue dodging does a disservice to yourself and I don't think that winning in an online video game should be so important. You can have fun and still lose, I hope people realize that.
Queue-dodging is still there for a reason. If Riot wanted queue-dodging to be gone permanently, they would have implemented a different solution rather than adding additional queuing time for players.

Gragas is one of the strongest heroes right now. I personally like Gragas very much. Gragas is certanly not a reason to dodge. Also, I would like to tell you that not everyone in this game wants to just play--they like to win, and it is the competitive nature of us male human beings.

My opinion was posted because I hoped to narrow down causes that may lead your team to losing a game. It does not happen all the time but if your team composition meets any of the points mentioned above, I believe you have higher chance of losing. Again, I would like to emphasize that winning or losing a game depends on so many factors like, both team's skill and communication level, duration of a match, item builds, skill builds, etc.

I do not encourage queue dodging. I know it is frustrating to have multiple queue dodging happening. But you gotta dodge when you have to.

Zebaz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2010

tryndamere is my most played, and i play him all the time in solo queues... and the vast majority of the time i finish with at least a 3:1 ratio. Granted i see plenty of terrible tryndameres, but i dont think its worth dodging if you simply see a trynd