[Guide] When to Dodge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JewBabyJesus

04-03-2010

i disagree on dodging trynd but i guess there are just too many ****ty trynds out theres that **** it up for the good ones

UCD2

04-03-2010

gonna have to disagree heavily on soraka she a moving fountain. lv9-13push with soraka is unstoppable!

tryn, and heim is a must dodge
Janna is not as bad although there much better characters to choose from...(after all i dont even know what she suppose to do....support?[soraka,etc] dps?[ashe,etc] caster?[annie,etc] wtf?)

FortuitusFortune

Master Recruiter

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickStar View Post
Revive/Heal

/possibleendthread?
A well timed heal can be a savior in team fights. I dunno why you would discount that particular summoner spell.

JohnnyFox

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvywpnsguy View Post
Signs that indicate possible loss/failure:
See that's the problem, just there in this sentence.

You only want to fight when the odds are clearly(in your opinion) in your favor and you quit at the first sign of "possible" failure.

Reminds me of Homer Simpson when he said:"Trying Is the First Step towards Failure".

Way to go tiger.

As far as you know you could be against a worst matchup and the game that you accept playing could be versus a team way stronger than the one you dodged. Thing is, you never know.

Let's be serious for a sec. My win/lose is 110/98 and I never dodge. What's yours? If your dodging technique is so great I expect it to be a lot better than that.

Let me doubt it.

Malduk

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFox View Post
As far as you know you could be against a worst matchup and the game that you accept playing could be versus a team way stronger than the one you dodged. Thing is, you never know.
Bad matchup vs bad matchup is not a fun game. Its just a bad game. They should dodge too.
If they have good matchup, and you have bad one, its not a fun game. Its just a bad game.

Also, having good matchup and playing against bad matchup is NOT a fun game. Its a boring victory.

Vienna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2010

No Smite Warwick is the biggest red flag in the world.

Soraka/Janna want off that list as well, imo. :x

hvywpnsguy

04-03-2010

Quote:
See that's the problem, just there in this sentence.

You only want to fight when the odds are clearly(in your opinion) in your favor and you quit at the first sign of "possible" failure.

Reminds me of Homer Simpson when he said:"Trying Is the First Step towards Failure".

Way to go tiger.

Let's be serious for a sec. My win/lose is 110/98 and I never dodge. What's yours? If your dodging technique is so great I expect it to be a lot better than that.

Let me doubt it.
Now, I am not talking about 5 man premade. I am only talking about solo queuing.

Yes you will never know what team you will go against until the draft mode is implemented. However, I would like to be prepared with my team when I start a new game. If you have a good team composition, you have higher chance of winning than not. Of course, having a good team composition doesn't always lead to victory, but you have to assume that your teammates are generally bad players. (In solo queue. 5 man premade is a whole different story) If they turn out to be better players than expected, well then you got a win.

My win loss is 558/461. As you grow your experience in this game, you may realize dodging is not all bad. I am not labeling you as a noob, but this thread was posted as a 'warning' for all non-high elo players. Try playing with any of the points above. See if you have more wins than losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malduk View Post
Bad matchup vs bad matchup is not a fun game. Its just a bad game. They should dodge too.
If they have good matchup, and you have bad one, its not a fun game. Its just a bad game.

Also, having good matchup and playing against bad matchup is NOT a fun game. Its a boring victory.
I disagree on a boring victory part. Whatever the team compositions on both teams were, you certainly do not yawn and doze off in front of your computer, right? Every game you try your best. If you get a good team and bad enemy team, you are just lucky that you won that game easily.

JohnnyFox

04-03-2010

Quote:
Now, I am not talking about 5 man premade. I am only talking about solo queuing.
We're on the same page, dodging your own 5 man premade would be insanity.

Quote:
If you have a good team composition, you have higher chance of winning than not.
Of course but I'm not asking to have a higher chance to win, I want an even chance to win. I want a fair fight. And I'm gonna enjoy it whether I win or not. I had lose that were completly epic and win that were totaly lame.

Some people can only have fun when they ultimatly win. The moment they start losing (in their opinion that is) they stop having any enjoyment.

Yesterday, I played with a Tryndemere like that. He kept whinning all game long about how much we were bad. Well we won. And he had the lowest score of the team. I had a good time, he did not. According to your guide I should have dodged him. Why?

Quote:
but you have to assume that your teammates are generally bad players.
I don't. My teammates are usually quite descent and some are even impressive. The worst one are the one with a bad attitude.

According to your l/w ratio you are higher elo than me and yet you seem to team with more bad players than me. I don't get it.

hvywpnsguy

04-03-2010

Quote:
We're on the same page, dodging your own 5 man premade would be insanity.

Of course but I'm not asking to have a higher chance to win, I want an even chance to win. I want a fair fight. And I'm gonna enjoy it whether I win or not. I had lose that were completly epic and win that were totaly lame.

Some people can only have fun when they ultimatly win. The moment they start losing (in their opinion that is) they stop having any enjoyment.

Yesterday, I played with a Tryndemere like that. He kept whinning all game long about how much we were bad. Well we won. And he had the lowest score of the team. I had a good time, he did not. According to your guide I should have dodged him. Why?

I don't. My teammates are usually quite descent and some are even impressive. The worst one are the one with a bad attitude.

According to your l/w ratio you are higher elo than me and yet you seem to team with more bad players than me. I don't get it.
Yes I agree with all of your points but I think you kind of misunderstood what i was trying to say on some parts. But anyways, this thread is only intended as a guideline. Take only what you think is right and I am happy with that.

Bellicus

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GkCHN View Post
[Guide] When to Dodge:

Never. Play the ****ing game.
This.
If you play to win, I am dissapoint.
I play for fun. I don't need to win. Whenever someone pops up a surrender, unless I gotta go, I click on "No". Sometimes, we actually end up winning in the end. I can name a few games where we all fed, yet we won in the end.

Quote:
1. No tank/no semi-tank
2. Five casters (Every one will be too 'squishy' to stand in teamfight)
3. No stun/snare
4. More than one jungler (Having two junglers means leaving two lanes vulnerable to enemy team. Enemy team can effectively push both lanes while the junglers try to level up.)
5. Heimerdinger (No matter how good a heimerdinger player is, chances are that he will be useless during teamfights)
6. Unresponsive teammates (Try to have a conversation during champion select. More often than not, a player that is the least responsive will turn out to be the losing factor in that game)
7. No teleport
8. No clairvoiance (You could survive without one)
9. Least mobile champion calling out 'solo mid' Ex) Heimerdinger, Veigar, a tank, etc
10. Revive - PatrickStar
11. two stealth heroes - Pwnacus Maximus
12. Janna/Soraka - Jdeezy (Although Soraka is very useful in premade teams and she is called OP by high elo players)
13. All melee team -MatadorRed
14. Tryndamere

More coming soon.
1. i particularly believe in a pure dps team. tanks are just meat on a plate to me.
2. true
3. usually, the lack of a slow or stun results in a bigger burst damage
4. ive had that kind of game once, and it ended quite well
5. i play with heimerdinger often. his grenades provide great effect, and his turrets help stop enemies
6. true
7. i like teleport, but its not that much of a necessity
8. i think 90% of my games dont have clairyovance including my teammates and i won like what 65%?
9. dont really have to be mobile...karths are slow, anivias are slow, ashes are actually slow too. teleport, id say is a necessity tho, if ur gonna take mid
10. true
11. just makes em waste money for oracles, amirite
12. not sure about janna...but i play soraka quite often. course, im pretty sure i have more deaths then kills, but if there was a "save" count, id say it would beat either.
13. i've played all melees, not many people are too smart to get armor besides tanks.
14. ...true...all tryns ive played with recently all suck

but hey, i dont play to win at all. even if my team all has revive and...whatever, id still play.