[Guide] When to Dodge

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hvywpnsguy

04-03-2010

README: This is not a rage thread nor this is intended as a joke. This is my humble opinion for other players out there who have constantly had numerous games with leavers, afkers, and uncooperative teammates, thereby having to deal with that nerdrage building inside you for the remainder of a match. This thread does not cover every single situation players encounter in League of Legends Matchmaking System. Instead, it covers only few of the instances that I have seen in my limited, and short gaming experience of League of Legends. I hope that this may be used as a gentle reminder for experienced players and a warning for those who are not yet used to this game.

Notice: Queue-Dodging is shunned and discouraged in the LoL community. Try to refrain from queue-dodging as much as possible. Following list is something you need to watch out during champion select so your game may go more smoothly in your favor.

Signs that indicate ''POSSIBLE'' (doesn't mean always true) loss/failure 'IN SOLO QUEUE': Highest priority to lowest

1. Revive

2. No tank/no semi-tank (no one who can play tank)

3. No stun/snare (even one stun/snare is not enough)

4. Five squishy heroes/casters

5. Tryndamere/Janna

6. Unresponsive teammates ---> which leads to Zero mia calls

- Try to have a conversation during champion select. More often than not, a player that is the least responsive will turn out to be the losing factor in that game

7. Two stealth heroes - Depends on skill levels of both teams. Higher skilled players know how to counter stealth champions effectively

8. All melee team - You will be very dependent on each other in order to succeed. Hard but not impossible.

9. Having more than one jungler
Ex) Warwick + Fiddle with Smite (Having two junglers means leaving two lanes vulnerable to enemy team. Enemy team can effectively push both lanes while the junglers try to level up.)

10. Evelynn - Depends on both teams. She wrecks faces on low to mid-elo but she is widely known to be underpowered in high-elo plays. If you want to watch a good evelynn play, watch Dan Dinh' evelynn plays.

11. Katarina - Depends on the skill level of a player. Still, she is in bad shape right now. Until a fix comes, try not to play with her.

12. Heimerdinger - Depends on the skill level of a player. But most cases, you will see bad heimerdingers who have hard time supporting their teams.

13. No teleport - It's a different story if you've got heroes with ultimate map control skills. Ex) Twisted Fate, Gangplank, Pantheon

14. No clairvoyance (It is fine if both teams don't have it) - Also, if you have heroes with great map awareness skills like, teemo, nidalee, twisted fate. - thanks to sarpati for input. warding is also a very useful alternative to clairvoyance.

PatrickStar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2010

Revive/Heal

/possibleendthread?

Pwnacus Maximus

04-03-2010

If i see another stealther when i'm playing shaco, insta dodge.
EDIT: if i see tryndamere, dodge. I used to dodge yi, but i've seen a couple good ones so i usually dont dodge them anymore.

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-03-2010

[Guide] When to Dodge:

Never. Play the ****ing game.

Pwnacus Maximus

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GkCHN View Post
[Guide] When to Dodge:

I see your point, but when i'm trying to get a new champion i'd rather not lose when i can see said loss coming and prevent it.

hvywpnsguy

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GkCHN View Post
[Guide] When to Dodge:

Sometimes you gotta dodge when you need to.

MillitaryBeetle

04-03-2010

I support this, I play alistair and no one ever ducks out on me.

One thing i always find damaging is if someone is raging even before the game starts.

Also, I have noticed that most games with a warwick in them get seriously complicated for me because alistair will not ever be able to solo a lane. So I generaly ask if warwick plans on jungling and if he says yes im ducking out.

p.s. i always have moral conflicts about it though.

Jdeezy

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvywpnsguy View Post
This is not a rage thread nor this is intended as a joke. This is my humble opinion for other players out there who have constantly had numerous games with leavers, afkers, and uncooperative teammates, thereby having to deal with that nerdrage building inside you for the remainder of a match. This thread does not cover every single situation players encounter in League of Legends Matchmaking System. Instead, it covers only few of the instances that I have seen in my limited, and short gaming experience of League of Legends. I hope that this may be used as a gentle reminder for experienced players and a warning for those who are not yet used to this game.

Signs that indicate possible loss/failure:
1. No tank/no semi-tank
2. Five casters (Every one will be too 'squishy' to stand in teamfight)
3. No stun/snare
4. More than one jungler (Having two junglers means leaving two lanes vulnerable to enemy team. Enemy team can effectively push both lanes while the junglers try to level up.)
5. Heimerdinger (No matter how good a heimerdinger player is, chances are that he will be useless during teamfights)
6. Unresponsive teammates (Try to have a conversation during champion select. More often than not, a player that is the least responsive will turn out to be the losing factor in that game)
7. No teleport
8. No clairvoiance (You could survive without one)
9. Least mobile champion calling out 'solo mid' Ex) Heimerdinger, Veigar, a tank, etc
10. Revive - PatrickStar
11. two stealth heroes - Pwnacus Maximus

More coming soon.
I agree on pretty much most of these (although most are not necessarily deal breakers for me). I mean your obviously talking about public games and if your counting mid elo sure this pretty much nails it. Low elo you can get away with anything pretty much. I guess I wouldn't consider myself to know too much about the super ridiculous people - though I'm certainly not bad.

One blatant one I have to kind of disagree with is 5. Heimer is ridiculous in the right hands, especially in team fights. Problem is people who are terrible at: positioning of turrets, lack of timing on his ult (awesome awesome slow and damage) and people that can't aim his skillshot (E) at all or at the right time. His skillshot is such a lifesaver and helps tremendously with it's blind and stun (initiating and retreating). Not to mention the stun combined with 1 turret and his ult is ridiculous as well and I have scored so many kills from overzealous people. People can't come near me at all (mobility boots ftw). I could talk all day about how awesome Heimer is since his recent buff. Twisted Treeline he shines even more!

Also, I solo mid alot of the time and a greater percentage of the time tend to have the upper hand (usually get mid tower within 10 minutes if I'm doing well and not getting ganked). Mobility boots helps tremendously as like you said, he is very slow but good turret placement blocks a gank and combined with your ult you may in fact get a kill (not to mention having a handy flash around can save your butt). Getting golem buff (which is very easy early on) helps a lot with turret replacement.

Overall though your right, pub heimers usually are worthless end game and most of the game because of lacking the aforementioned skills. Personal experience tells me that Soraka/Jannas most of the time also end up being worthless. Sometimes you'll get lucky and find someone who actually supports well but they are few and far. That's my personal bias.

Certainly rather wait 3 minutes than to wallow in a TERRIBLE game for 25 minutes. Overall though, it comes down to your teams skill level vs. theirs so not much you can do but never hurts to minimize some losses before you even begin or play premades !!

edit: I agree with Maximus - Tryn has been worthless recently as well.

malphismia

04-03-2010

A very common thing is that some teams choose all melee. I usually try to dodge this, because this will result in a loss most definitely.

Heimer is actually very useful in mid ELO. I guess not in teamfights, but still useful in pushing/defending lanes.

I also avoid the following: Eve, Soraka (sometimes). But I try not to q dodge, its just annoying, but whats more annoying is not q dodging a horrible game you knew would suck.

SolAnchovy

04-03-2010

Try not to hate on specific champions - they all have their uses and a skilled player is a skilled player. I'm currently 10-5 with Heimer on 5x5.

12345 ... 6