Spirit Visage and Mordekaiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rancid Sac

04-03-2010

Seriously. Warden's mail is better. That is all.

JarL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-03-2010

Buy both, but Spirit Visage is the superior item.

Rancid Sac

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarL View Post
Buy both, but Spirit Visage is the superior item.

CD reduce doesnt scale well with mord's abilities

the +30% healing doesnt affect mord's ult much

it's less healing and the mag resist can be taken care of by merc treads

much rather have warden's mail.

BTW this is aimed at twisted treeline strats - I do buy both in summoner's rift matches

JarL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-03-2010

Doesn't scale well? Do you not know how %'s work? The base cooldown is irrelevant. Take 10% CDR for instance and two characters with abilities (I'll use an elementary example for you): Player A at 1 second base CD and Player B at 10 second base CD.

Player A gets his CD reduced to .9 seconds
Player B gets his CD reduced to 9 seconds

And over 9 seconds... player A will use his ability 10 times equaling a total CDR of 1 second which is equivalent to Player B. And of course Mords 3 main abilities are between the 4-10 second range you are able to get your W's and Q's off that much sooner refreshing his shield and increasing your DPS.

The MR is not "taken care of by merc treads". You realize MR stacks right? /facepalm

Azing

04-03-2010

CDR actually is amazing for Mord. It can ower his CDs by a few seconds and on a character that depends on his abilities to keep his shield up its great. Really though I dont aim for Spirit Visage myself, not that great unless a healer is on the team. I'd rather invest in Frozen Heart then get Spirit Visage.

Force of Nature Suits in for Spirit Visage purpose much better minus CDR.

JarL

Recruiter

04-03-2010

Spirit Visage is nearly half the cost of FoN, you cannot compare the two items.

Deathevn

04-03-2010

I will have to disagree. Spirit visage is an excellent item for Morde. Its actually the first item i build in most games. Having extra magic resist is a plus, the 30% more heal and regenerate has a decent synergy with alot of items you will find yourself building on Morde (( I often find myself taking starks on him, so having that and the +regen aura item who's name escapes me at the moment, adds up to a decent ammount of regen, usualy enough to be useing all your abilties at any given time)) the +30% is of course also good if you have a healer on hand, but I rarely count on that. As has been said, the cool down is HUGE on Morde. Your not gonna notice things going a TON faster beacuse his abilties are already on short cooldowns, but shortening them further improves his survibility , lets you crank out more damage, and lets you get off more childern of the grave. Speaking of Children, you also get to enjoy 30% more healing from it, which if you place it on a tank in a battle can add up to a serious ammount of healing (( Note: You dont always want to do it, it depends on the nature of the fight, but if you need that much more servibilty, its an option for morde))

thats my two cents!

Subnote: I have not tested that many games with it on TT, so that is still up for review

PS: You cannot compare it and FoN but there is synergy there as well!

PackMan97

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid Sac View Post
Against Physical teams, yes. Against caster teams, Spirit Visage all the way.

OmniOblivion

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid Sac View Post
Warden is Armor. Visage is MR. If opponents were smart, they wouldn't target you in the first place (assuming you went for a tank build). So Warden is a fail.

04-04-2010

When I play TT, I always incorporate spirit visage and magic penetration boots. The coupling of those with the ult is amazing and I have 3v1 fed champions before with no problem because of the increased heal. I always build either FoN or wardens first, then sorc boots, then spirit visage then either thornmail if they are heavy physical or Rylias if I need the slow. I have lost very few TT matches with this build and it's quick and easy with morde since he can farm like nobody else. I once soloed a fed Cho, Shaco, and Warwick with no turret help just using ult correctly with this build. I ulted shaco and killed him quickly with thornmail and abilities and stayed full health only to take down and ultless warwick with the pet and then Cho twice since he had a guardian angel. The other team had over a 2:1 kill advantage on us and I took all three and then pushed the final turret and won. Wardens, thornmail, and spirit visage were by far the most helpful to do that. And not a single hp item for that build.