Revive for Twisted Treeline?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

amraK

04-03-2010

We all know that Revive is a pretty lackluster summoner ability. My question is does it become any more useful on Twisted Treeline? Over my 200 or so games I saw one and only one decent use of Revive. It was at the end of a game when we we all have 50+ second respawn times and our Sivir came back after a big team fight that left the other team aced and our team with 1 person. Sivir and Alister were able to WIN the game right after this, and I attribute it mostly to Revive.

So, I'd like to know if anyone thinks Revive could be useful on Twisted Treeline.

LordGooGoo

04-03-2010

Short Answer: No.

Long Answer: It might be, but it is just way too situational. Revive is useful when, as you said, you have a long respawn time. But respawn time depends on level, and on TT most games are decided early mid game when levels arn't that high. Even if you consider the bonus from improved revive, it will only give you an advantage in the early game. In the end, it's better to get cleanse/flash/ghost so that you do not die in the first place.

NinjainSpandex

04-03-2010

I was playing a twisted against a strong gangplank and a so-so ryze/poppy. We would win the team fights and begin to push with 2 people only to be stalled by a revived gangplank. We still won the game but he definitely contributed to the game being much longer then it would have been.

Vijaya

04-03-2010

Revive has a what, nine minute cooldown? So you can use it, say, once for the whole match?

Revive is even more useless on TT, for a lot of reasons. But let me put the biggest reason here:

Revive is based on you dying. If it had a 60 second cooldown, it would be useless, because you have to die to use it. If you incorporate dying into your gameplan, you shouldn't take revive because you'll just feed even faster.

JarL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijaya View Post
Revive has a what, nine minute cooldown? So you can use it, say, once for the whole match?

Revive is even more useless on TT, for a lot of reasons. But let me put the biggest reason here:

Revive is based on you dying. If it had a 60 second cooldown, it would be useless, because you have to die to use it. If you incorporate dying into your gameplan, you shouldn't take revive because you'll just feed even faster.

Please give me a name of a player that never dies... the game plan wouldn't be to die, the game plan would be to come back to life at important times in the game.

Praedoran

04-03-2010

I have to disagree a little on this Vijaya because of Twisted Treeline's NEED for aggressive play. If you pull out of a 3v3 team fight, your side loses a third of it's strength and your side may not win the war. I usually play melee and the first to initiate. There's no turning back once I'm committed to a fight, so it's to the death. I actually -do- plan on dying (not what I "want" to do, but 3v3 is a bloody affair), but taking out at least 2 of their team with me is the goal.

If you can revive/teleport (like TF or Shen) back into a fight, you'll clean up and push into victory. Granted, I still don't take it myself, but I can see it being much more handy in TT because of the ability to jump back into a fight that's happening near your base.

seventhletters

04-03-2010

Okay so I just read all the posts and here are my thoughts:

If you can talk to people in champ select and all 3 of you take revive it can be a huge advantage. Typically though this will only happen in Prems, either way it should work decently. here are the three possible situations I can foresee it being really helpful.

1. Even if your team is dominating the other team, you can be significantly more aggressive knowing that your entire team has a back up. I am not saying that tower diving is always the best choice but with revive it might get you a kill and essentially a super fast blue pill.

2. Also, if your team is doing poorly and you manage to all get aced, all three of you come back and at worst from the team fight the other team is a t half health. Now it is incredibly easy to take the offensive, especially if your team has improved revive.

3. Lastly it's a team fight and your that champion that dies within the first ten seconds, usually you would be mad because you were stun locked and contributed almost nothing to the group fight. But you instantly revive and because TT is such small map make it back in time for the end of the fight or to play cleanup crew and get an easy kill or two.

Allot of teams will also play defensive after the ace/full team revive combo which will give you a chance to farm up on buffs, and minion kills since your team might be a little behind in gold flow since you were just aced.

I suppose it doesn't really matter since they are changing revive soon, but I believe given the whole team has it and you save it for

Deathnor

04-03-2010

saw a group yesterday who was jax temmo and another ww i beleive. not sure if they wer a preamde but teemo and jax both ahd revive and the game went on a realy long time cause at critcal team wins we would face 2 full up champs at the tower with us be down a champ or all being a bit under 50%.

it certainly wasnt a win for them we still won but i know thier was at least 3 tower saves with 2 champs poping right up to d.

my 2 cents is in TT it can have a use but and this is important the 9 min cd will never have it see much use. fyi im not on noob island i belive they were lvl 27 and 30.

Mokosha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGooGoo View Post
Short Answer: No.

Long Answer: It might be, but it is just way too situational. Revive is useful when, as you said, you have a long respawn time. But respawn time depends on level, and on TT most games are decided early mid game when levels arn't that high. Even if you consider the bonus from improved revive, it will only give you an advantage in the early game. In the end, it's better to get cleanse/flash/ghost so that you do not die in the first place.
I'm not sure that respawn time varies based on level. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the elapsed time of the game.

AFKray

04-03-2010

It's got way more potential on TT than on SR. On TT, an Ace post level 10 can often spell out GG.