[Guide] Morgana - Support Queen (LONG)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hiclic

09-14-2009

I notice a lot of people having a hard time aiming the skillshot around creeps, as I think they're conceptualizing it wrong. Treat the shot like a rectangle or square that extends from your character outwards. Now realize that the camera is tilted, this means the rectangle bolt's side (depending on relation from the shot) will always be further north (from below) or south (from above) than the center point of the bolt--provided you are not firing at a degree to counteract the camera tilt. This explanation may be wrong, but the concept of slightly deviating your aim holds true.

Simply aim so that the sides of the bolt will hit the target first, not the center of where you targeted. When creeps are not involved this adjustment isn't very necessary, as bolt width is a boon that makes it easier to connect to a target.

Cooking Panda

09-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitstrike View Post
So how did it go?
I tried it a couple of times and when I actually got a team that knew how to play, it was great.

zYn

09-15-2009

I play morgana quite a bit lately...yet my morgana pales in comparison to CEFX the Mighty's..

if any of you are familiar with him, he plays an incredible support morgana...yet his item build is slightly different than yours and is definitely something worth evaluating.

He goes dorans, ninja tabi, aegis, guardian angel, soul shroud, banshee/innervating locket (in no particular order)

explanation

Ninja tabi: you already have a great counter to spells, it allows you tank a lot of nukage, but with that being said, ninja tabi gives you a small boost to defense against melee champions

Aegis, Soul Shroud, Innerv locket: Because you are going to be somewhat tanky (high health with runes, banshee, guardian, black shield etc.) you provide great sustainability to your team as you will be around the fights for an extended period of time. Not to mention with Golem buff + soul shroud you will hit max CD reduction and be casting a lot to make good use of locket.

The truth is, AP is a sketchy issue on morgana...while she would definitely benefit from it...everything but her ult is placement based....you have to LAND her skillshot, and they have to BE in soil. None of her nukes are targeted hence providing guartanteed damage unless of course you land skillshot. I see it much more of a CC ability than a nuking one.

just my opinion

Black Mongoose

09-15-2009

Great guide thanks for it. Im getting quite good at her.

SmecssRaege

09-16-2009

I play morgana with the same mentality

If anyone is curious about the references to the "tank morgana" that was originally posted in this space can now view it here on my guides page:
http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...061#post125061 on the first post =)

Luthya

09-16-2009

Hello there, just a quick question concerning the Tank/CC annoying Morgana build :
Does the flaming cape (if that's the name, can't remember) gives life back with her passive ? I am going to try it as a core item on her, maybe staking it before going with the -25% cooldown reduce armor ; but i'd like to collect thoughts and mechanics about it too.
Cya.

SmecssRaege

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luthya View Post
Hello there, just a quick question concerning the Tank/CC annoying Morgana build :
Does the flaming cape (if that's the name, can't remember) gives life back with her passive ? I am going to try it as a core item on her, maybe staking it before going with the -25% cooldown reduce armor ; but i'd like to collect thoughts and mechanics about it too.
Cya.
Not entirely sure, and that's an interesting theory for sure, i don't think it will...but i can't remember the wording on the passive =p

Luthya

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmecssRaege View Post
Not entirely sure, and that's an interesting theory for sure, i don't think it will...but i can't remember the wording on the passive =p
I've just tested it solo player. It works. Ofc the heal is not über, but I've been liking the burning cape on tanks / pseudotanks. I'll give it a try on her as the added synergy pleases the mtg player inside me.

Fruitstrike

Software Engineer

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luthya View Post
I've just tested it solo player. It works. Ofc the heal is not über, but I've been liking the burning cape on tanks / pseudotanks. I'll give it a try on her as the added synergy pleases the mtg player inside me.
Her passive gives 5% life regen for magic damage that she does. So, a sunfire cape gives you +2 health per second (40 * 0.05) per enemy around you. I never thought about using it to regen health like that. I need to try it.

penileguile

11-22-2009

Being my second day at LOL I was apprehensive about playing a more difficult character. This guide not only allowed me to play as a support character but gave me a basis to tweak for a dps character as well. I greatly appreciate the time and energy spent on doing this.

That being said I've been experimenting with the amplifying tome early on in the game, and rather than using it on the sorcerer's boots I have been upgrading it to Kage's lucky pick. The added gold has proven helpful, and the only downside is a decrease in early game footspeed.