Any chance at seeing Irelia's brother Zelos as a champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saggins

06-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldritchsense View Post
Errr that doesn't make sense though, he rushed over to Demacia to ask for help against Noxus.
Or did he abandon the front lines out of fear of the Noxus legion and take a much safer diplomatic post to the only city state militarily capable and willing to fight for the preservation of his nation? Even assuming the best, the foundations of national pride and devotion are necessary for the development of a character's fall to the betrayal of their nation. If he had never cared about Ionia at all it wouldn't be a very powerful theme.

Quote:
Not to mention, he was never promised or expected to rule Ionia...why would he suddenly see her abilities and go "**** my sister, I must take over Ionia by force in response!"
Greed.

Quote:
I can't see him as evil personally. I'd think he'd be thankful she lived through such a brutal battle.
I can't see him at all because the presented information is very limited, leaving a lot of room for interpretation and creativity. That is the beauty of it, he could be anybody.

Quote:
I could see him being either a tank or another AD burst caster (Renek/Panth-esque).
I would like to see him as a Jarvan IV style character with the mindset of his antithesis.

Eldritchsense

06-19-2011

I'm trying to avoid creating another kit like Jarvan IV or Irelia because it's been stated by Riot several times that those designs are flawed for what they want their game design to be. Tanky burst bruisers with dashes/gap-closers = bad.

And all we know about him officially is that his father was most likely poisoned by Noxus, he immediately joined the Ionian Military afterwards and went to Demacia to ask for aid against Noxus, and that's it.

Pitting that against your "he joins Noxus to take over Ionia" story just conflicts too much. Why would he join the Ionian Military (keep in mind nowhere did it say he was conscripted or drafted, he joined of his own volition), obtain the rank of Sergeant in what seems like a pretty short amount of time, only to decide to spin 180 in to enemy ranks? Any reason you can make just seems flimsy.

Eldritchsense

06-19-2011

Looking at Irelia's Judgement another reference is made of him:

Quote:
"Messy. Your mind is clouded." Lito flicked his wrist, and cloth gripped her neck from across the roof. With another flick, he brought Irelia soaring toward him, yanking her off her feet. She could faintly see her father's devastating roundhouse kick coming to instill the day's final lesson, when a red blur appeared in front of it.

"I thought I heard someone getting disciplined. You having trouble, Irie?" A voice gloated.

"Zelos!" Irelia sputtered. Zelos was between them, his right arm blocking the roundhouse kick, and his left hand holding his father's sleeve so she could extract herself. The fabric released her neck.

"Here, I brought something for you." He grinned at their father, who, though blindfolded, smiled back. "It's only fair."

Zelos hurled a saber to her, but before she could grab it, Lito's other sleeve plucked it from the sky. He leapt, spinning horizontally in the air, reeling the weapon in. The spinning motion knocked Zelos to the tiles.

"Alright, let's go!" Zelos brandished a sword of his own from a sheath strapped to his back and slashed at his father. The blow seemed to pass through Lito entirely. Irelia sprung to her feet, flipping forward with a devastating axe kick. Her heel met the flat of the saber Lito had intercepted. Zelos directed his energy into his own reverse roundhouse, and Lito was forced to block the blow with his arm. The saber clattered from the grip of his sleeve.
So according to images plucked from Irelia's mind at least, he has a broadsword. However given their fathers large arsenal of weapons, one can infer that it's not all he knows how to use.

Saggins

06-19-2011

Quote:
(not a straight-line nuke like Sivir's, but a true arc out one way then arc back to Zelos)
They could use the business end of Mordekaiser's Siphon of Destruction arc and widen it a bit easily I'm sure.

Quote:
However given their fathers large arsenal of weapons, one can infer that it's not all he knows how to use.
Like... cloth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelia's Mind
...and cloth gripped her neck from across the roof...He leapt, spinning horizontally in the air, reeling the weapon in. The spinning motion knocked Zelos to the tiles...The blow seemed to pass through Lito entirely.
New champ, Lito's Ghost! He fights with the only thing more humiliating than a lamp post, ribbons!

Quote:
Given that it makes it seem like the blade "breathes",
I vote talking sword.

Seriously though there are a lot of mixed martial arts going on with that story. They use blades, but at the same time they use avoidance of deflection. If he's a fighter or assassin perhaps a Karma/Brand type character with four abilities that do different or additional affects depending on the attack sequence. If the Q ability was hit last on a target and in the last 5 seconds then W will roundhouse kick when W would normally thrust a blade. It would be a great way to moderate and tweak damage output, spreading it evenly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelia's Mind
...when a red blur appeared in front of it.
A tank was a good idea too. A heavy avoidance based protector with high movement speed should fit that character. He could get around the battlefield quickly to defend teammates. Similar to the role Shen fills, but rather than have an instant teleport on a long cooldown, an out of combat movement speed bonus similar to Miss Fortune's passive with an intercept or damage absorption shield like Janna's Eye of the Storm.

Eldritchsense

06-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggins View Post
They could use the business end of Mordekaiser's Siphon of Destruction arc and widen it a bit easily I'm sure.
I was thinking more of targeting an area and Zelos threw his glaive, it'd arc around until it reached the targeted area, then arc back to Zelos the opposite way (making a half-circles' journey). It'd have about the same range as most line nukes, like Sivir's Q.

Quote:
Like... cloth?
He also had daggers he threw at Irelia at the start, and Irelia's blade was her fathers. So there are options, although the cloth bit is an obvious reference to a lot of classic chinese martial arts films where grandmasters used their sleeves as weapons (in fantasy settings, obviously).

Quote:
I vote talking sword.

Seriously though there are a lot of mixed martial arts going on with that story. They use blades, but at the same time they use avoidance of deflection. If he's a fighter or assassin perhaps a Karma/Brand type character with four abilities that do different or additional affects depending on the attack sequence. If the Q ability was hit last on a target and in the last 5 seconds then W will roundhouse kick when W would normally thrust a blade. It would be a great way to moderate and tweak damage output, spreading it evenly.

A tank was a good idea too. A heavy avoidance based protector with high movement speed should fit that character. He could get around the battlefield quickly to defend teammates. Similar to the role Shen fills, but rather than have an instant teleport on a long cooldown, an out of combat movement speed bonus similar to Miss Fortune's passive with an intercept or damage absorption shield like Janna's Eye of the Storm.
The talking sword is a thought, another inheritance from their father perhaps. I thought about a tank, but I'm reluctant to give him any kind of stuns/dashes. Perhaps a taunt, though...haven't had a champ with a taunt in ages (and only 3 exist currently)

Eldritchsense

06-20-2011

Got things set up, going to be attempting to flesh out his character after this game. Who knows if Riot would even consider my ideas, but hey, gotta try.

Eldritchsense

06-20-2011

Weeell my drawing style doesn't fit with LoL at ALL. So I'm just going to design his weapon in Illustrator and design his kit. So far the only idea for a move is the boomerang toss, and I'm playing around with creating a move that creates a whirlwind at a target area, moving those within it around in a few circles - kind of like Ori's ultimate, only instead of tossing them it just shuffles them like a tornado would. Good to put teams out of position.

Still playing with either making him a tank or going AD burst. If a tank, going to have to fit a taunt in there.

Also, I think I'm going to make his weapon a boomerang itself. A giant one. Contemplating adding throwing knives to add diversity to his kit, but not sure.

I'd give him a dodge mechanic given their story of how his father sat on the roof during a rainstorm and never got wet, but it seems like Riot is trying to avoid and possibly kill dodge altogether.

zxlkcf

06-21-2011

If Zelos was to be introduced, he'd be Tanky DPS with two gap closers, one shield, an attack speed and armor buff and a armor red-

Wait...

Eldritchsense

06-21-2011

rofl...they've been getting smarter about that. It's taken them a while, but I can't say I blame them - it takes a while for most champs to really be utilized correctly. Look at Irelia, they actually had to buff her a couple times before people REALLY started using her.

Galdez

01-04-2012

Quote:
I hope he's evil. Jealous of Irelia's gifts or something and signs up to fight for Noxus with the promise that he would rule the land for them one day., falling dark because she has all of the glory.

He could still be a master of the sword style in this scenario.
He wouldn't do that Ionians are just as loyal to their country as Demacian people are.