Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Any chance at seeing Irelia's brother Zelos as a champion?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eldritchsense

Senior Member

06-18-2011

I originally posted this in general, but come to think of it this may be more of a lore question.

Quote:
":
Just reading Irelia's backstory on a whim I remembered her brother was a sergeant in the Ionian military. Obviously that means he has experience in combat, and one would assume he was taught by his father how to use his closely guarded sword style...

Any chance we'll be seeing him as a champion sometime in the future?


Given Irelia, I'd love to see her brother - maybe a true (untainted by Noxus necromancy) master of their fathers' style of swordplay?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pig Magus

Senior Member

06-18-2011

Irelia isn't tainted by Necromancy. She's tainted by Sorakamancy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eldritchsense

Senior Member

06-18-2011

Quote:
Pig Magus:
Irelia isn't tainted by Necromancy. She's tainted by Sorakamancy.


Yeah, I know. She was hit by Noxian necromancy and then Soraka tethered her soul to her body.

And that caused her to be able to move her fathers' sword with her mind.

I'd just figure Zelos would be the closest remaining master of their fathers' form, given there's no outside interference.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saggins

Senior Member

06-18-2011

I hope he's evil. Jealous of Irelia's gifts or something and signs up to fight for Noxus with the promise that he would rule the land for them one day., falling dark because she has all of the glory.

He could still be a master of the sword style in this scenario.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CARDBOARDWARRIOR

Senior Member

06-18-2011

Quote:
Saggins:
I hope he's evil. Jealous of Irelia's gifts or something and signs up to fight for Noxus with the promise that he would rule the land for them one day., falling dark because she has all of the Glory.


Sounds like fanfiction.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saggins

Senior Member

06-18-2011

Quote:
CARDBOARDWARRIOR:
Sounds like fanfiction.


I just think it would do something to give Ionians more character.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eldritchsense

Senior Member

06-18-2011

Quote:
Saggins:
I hope he's evil. Jealous of Irelia's gifts or something and signs up to fight for Noxus with the promise that he would rule the land for them one day., falling dark because she has all of the glory.

He could still be a master of the sword style in this scenario.


Errr that doesn't make sense though, he rushed over to Demacia to ask for help against Noxus.

Not to mention, he was never promised or expected to rule Ionia...why would he suddenly see her abilities and go "**** my sister, I must take over Ionia by force in response!"

I can't see him as evil personally. I'd think he'd be thankful she lived through such a brutal battle.

I could see him being either a tank or another AD burst caster (Renek/Panth-esque).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eldritchsense

Senior Member

06-19-2011

I'd really like to see him come to the league some day.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eldritchsense

Senior Member

06-19-2011

I actually kind of want to do a mock-up of him and what his abilities might be...given that the sword their father had was originally a double-sided glaive (one can only assume anyway, since before you level Irelia's Hiten Style, her weapon (which according to her lore was her father's) is just a giant double-sided glaive), I'd think that's what Zelos weapon would be.

Given that it makes it seem like the blade "breathes", or has a conscious will essentially, some kind of boomerang mechanic (not a straight-line nuke like Sivir's, but a true arc out one way then arc back to Zelos) would be pretty cool.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iPlay Talon

Senior Member

06-19-2011

Quote:
Eldritchsense:
I actually kind of want to do a mock-up of him and what his abilities might be...given that the sword their father had was originally a double-sided glaive (one can only assume anyway, since before you level Irelia's Hiten Style, her weapon (which according to her lore was her father's) is just a giant double-sided glaive), I'd think that's what Zelos weapon would be.

Given that it makes it seem like the blade "breathes", or has a conscious will essentially, some kind of boomerang mechanic (not a straight-line nuke like Sivir's, but a true arc out one way then arc back to Zelos) would be pretty cool.


Irelia was the first character that I mained, since those days I've been aching to have Zelos in the game. Your boomerang idea sounds amazing.


123