About buying wards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CarlSagansCosmos

04-03-2010

continuing with ward discussion...where are some optimal places to pop wards?

For example, when facing twitch or eve or shaco, is it best to place them in the bottom bush, top push (the two that are at the edge of the map), middle of the field...

Fluffy1

04-03-2010

early game 2 wards, 1 in the middle of the river on both sides or in the bushs at the edge of the river means your not relying on mia calls now since you will see most ganks coming a mile away, in solo que this is a way better option then relying on randoms for your survival.

mid game place them at all the buffs and the dragon, teamwork is needed here since 1 person buying all the wards is gonna hamper the whole team harder then everyone chiping in. feel free to place wards in high traffic area's aswell, can pick of straglers very fast to make your money back or steal buffs and gank the fool trying to get it.

late game you want to do exactly the same as mid game but more emphasis on high traffic area's since killing a stragler will make the fight 4 vs 5 and respawn is long at this point, also have a vison ward at the baron at all times(the one that can detect stealthers to kill their ward if they try to place one aswell)

wards are easily hands down the best item in this game, shame so many people dont use them.

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Brandon View Post
continuing with ward discussion...where are some optimal places to pop wards?

For example, when facing twitch or eve or shaco, is it best to place them in the bottom bush, top push (the two that are at the edge of the map), middle of the field...
Vision wards are iffy. If they know you have one they might buy their own to reveal it and take out, and then you'd be down an investment. Generally you want your vision ward in the middle of the field for stealthed champions, since if they're stealthed they're likely out in the open.

KirbyHero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2010

It's just not efficient for one character to buy all the wards and traipse across the entire map trying to ward everything. Warding has to be spread out among the players in the game.

I've found once your elo is decent, you don't havve to ward the river for ganks anymore. I just focus on neutrals and listen to mia calls

ObjectiveTruth

04-03-2010

I love wards and try to buy it as often as I can. Having killer items is great but if you can create a 4v1 or 3v1 situation. that's priceless.

I've found you should always have 2 wards up. There's a little patch of grass between top/middle and bottom/middle that is perfect.

THis way you can see when someone goes into your bushes, and get a look at dragon too. Also, for stealthers, they often will only initate stealth when they enter bushes, so this allows an early warning system

MrRumble

04-03-2010

early wards are extremely useful against junglers like warwick/yi (blech)/udyr.
ward their golem straight away, and your own. Then 2 man your way to FB

Kyile

04-03-2010

I love wards. And I play teemo.

Nothing is better (especially later in game) than a ward in a bush where they setup a gank... is increadibly fun if u have like an ae stunner (annie/etc) who can hit them b4 they attack.

dovvntempo

04-04-2010

i like just geting two, and like another poster said, putting it in the bushes near top and bottom river. Later on if we've pushed and I wanna choke out their territory I'll place it above golem (but still at it) or at lizard ( but off to the side ) to get a very early warning against anyone.

once your team sees this you are more confident about pushing towers safely or deciding to ambush that poor ol' warwick.

as for who buys them... well usually only 2 ppl buy them, even in my premade team. So its not who SHOULD get them, its more like who is WILLING to or smart enough to.

convincing someone to buy one might be easy if say... they are pushing top and want to do it without fear. So just tell them to ward the river so they can really push and they can back out long before they are in trouble. Its a very concrete use in that case.

another good time for wards is when you're losing. As you've lost more towers and have less of the map as a safe area, its a good idea to reclaim it bit-by-bit and hopefully win some team fights.

good wards win games sometimes just because of those team fights. People who say they're useless probably haven't been in situations where a game was won because of wards.

Spectros

04-05-2010

If someone disconnects at lvl 1, and then come back when everyone else is lvl 18, have that person buy as many wards as he/she can and put them all in the opposite forest. lol

BlueBuddha

04-05-2010

wards win games