How to build AD lux?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Antioch Forever

06-18-2011

I know lux isn't best at AD, and I know she isn't the best AD. But humor me. Maybe I first pick her and the next 4 champs are mages. maybe I want to have fun in customs...anyway.

My guess:

21/0/9
armpen reds and quints
-philo stone?
-sheen>trinity(later)
-IE
-PD or ghostblade?
-LW when armor starts to be a problem

But I don't know if this is the best. I figure trinity to help with the passive procs so autoattacks can harass hard. Then IE cause, well its IE. Then since there is already crit chance and damage, get AS or AD with crit chance and other goodies. And LW for armor.

I think the damage output won't be terrible. I mean ashe has no steroid other than a buff aoe auto on CD, and she deals decent damage.

Any suggestions?

Enrayged

06-18-2011

AD Lux is actually my main in troll-build custom games... :P

I usually build an IE and PD, Merc Treads, and a Triforce if I am allowed to be somewhat viable. (Leading with the Triforce, if that is the case.)

Everything from then on is up to you.

And for the record, AD Lux does, in fact, have the potential to kick great deals of ass.

Bakumian

06-18-2011

True, those procs with her passive just burst like hell.

Enrayged

06-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakumian View Post
True, those procs with her passive just burst like hell.
Yar.

It doesn't look like a whole heck of a lot, but when you really think about it, per passive is a second Triforce (that doesn't work against towers, but... still... Double Triforce procs would mess up just about any mage's day.)

Antioch Forever

06-18-2011

Just checked wiki:

lvl 18 ashe base damage: 98
lvl 18 lux base damage: 109

trolol

lux has 550 range, only 50 shy of ashe, though her AS is lacking in base stats, PD will fix that right up.

So how does philo vs dorans blade sound as a starting item? I love the mana and gold it gives...

Enrayged

06-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch Forever View Post
Just checked wiki:

lvl 18 ashe base damage: 98
lvl 18 lux base damage: 109

trolol

lux has 550 range, only 50 shy of ashe, though her AS is lacking in base stats, PD will fix that right up.

So how does philo vs dorans blade sound as a starting item? I love the mana and gold it gives...
Personally, I am fond of the Blade... but I can see the merits of a Philo stone...

I really should try her out in a non-troll game, just to get some more accurate data :P

Antioch Forever

06-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrayged View Post
Personally, I am fond of the Blade... but I can see the merits of a Philo stone...

I really should try her out in a non-troll game, just to get some more accurate data :P
My *thought* was that AD lux's pre-6 damage still comes from spells and passive procs, so mana>AD. Ashe (eg) needs blade because her damage is from auto and W, both scaling with AD.

Of course thats just theorycrafting. I wonder if I would get reported for trying AD lux in normals...

Enrayged

06-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch Forever View Post
My *thought* was that AD lux's pre-6 damage still comes from spells and passive procs, so mana>AD. Ashe (eg) needs blade because her damage is from auto and W, both scaling with AD.

Of course thats just theorycrafting. I wonder if I would get reported for trying AD lux in normals...
My typical early game consists of Binding them, attacking them once, and backing off.

So, I guess the majority of her damage in that phase of the game is still proc/spell based... I should give the Philo a try...

Pfft... Try a few custom games first, then a normal game... People will be freaking out at first... And then you will carry them :P

Antioch Forever

06-19-2011

Bots died too fast, I wonder if the ranked reset will be a hard one, if so I could try it there these last few days.

Fiveofswords

06-19-2011

AD lux works...you get good damage output....and its not like you could ever get enough AP for her ult to 1 shot anyone...so the AP parts remain useful. (what i mean is, its not so important exactly how much damage your spells do, but only that they snare, or tickle the guy a little from long range. The amount of damage exactly being not important, i think its good to rely on AD for damage...)