Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

am i the only 1 who does this?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StealthyGunnar

06-18-2011

i recently read a thread saying that Maokai's Ult was bad and needed a rework. being a Maokai player myself, i know that it does NOT need a rework since it is just a great ult.

so it got me thinking how and when i use my ult: in teamfights obviously, i remembered that i also use Maokai's ult to CLEAR LARGE MINION WAVES. does any1 else do this, or maybe use a move for an unintended purpose that seems to work?

Raedoz

Recruiter

06-18-2011

yeah i do, less there is a team fight a brewing why not quick money, hell i use it to clear minions out of a team fight sometimes

StealthyGunnar

06-18-2011

do u think that maokais ult is unbalanced? it is pretty good, but if it got a buff raising the damage lessened from 20% yo 25% i think it would make maokai way better and more appealing.

Flagonslayer

06-18-2011

His ult might just be hated on for the same reason as Rally, team fights move but it doesn't.

StealthyGunnar

06-18-2011

ya, it would be an AWESOME buff if they made his buff a visible aura around him

HeXiiS

06-18-2011

maokai's ult needs to work like kennens, that it should move with maokai.

StealthyGunnar

06-18-2011

yes the would be AWESOME. maokai buff@!!!!!

Covenant

Recruiter

06-18-2011

Using his ult to blow up a minion wave is great if you're in a tower fight. 10 minions rolling up to attack my tower? Bam! All dead! Now the tower is hitting their champs, they're backing off, we jump 'em, etc.

Maokai is NOWHERE as bad as he was on launch day, it's like a whole new character. His ult is a bit meh, but now that he actually tanks well he's able to use the ult as a bonus rather than his whole purpose. Plus, it makes it great for attacking/defending towers.

Kikhan

06-18-2011

I just say its width needs to be widened thats the only thing i think it needs.

StealthyGunnar

06-19-2011

hes still a good champ, nonetheless. my friend finally believed me and tried him out; and now he loves maokai. who am i supposed to play now? hahaa