Mordekaiser Build for TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

04-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid Sac View Post
thornmail is **** if you're not a hp monster

even if your shield is involved mord isnt meant to be slapped for extended periods of time by dps

Not true at all. Getting a thornmail late game after you have a wardens mail ruins any heavy damage dealer and you don't need a ton of hp to use it effectively. When I finish a round of TT, I'm usually completely unstoppable and can 3v1 depending on the amount of stuns they have.

I build:
1) Force of Nature
2) Tier 1 boots --> Sorc boots or merc boots and only after wardens as FoN has a nice speed increase anyways
3) Wardens Mail (I rush wardens first if they are physical heavy)
4) Spirate Visage
5) Thornmail
6) Rylai's Scepter

I will almost always have up to #5 by 30 minutes or less, even not being fed. The shield is affected by the armor and magic resists and it makes it very tough. If you can keep your shield around (and even if you can't), the dps squishies will kill themselves trying to break your armor. In one game I was recently playing, a Warwick told me that he was getting hit for about 45 damage per attack but was only doing 30 damage to me after resists. Tell me again how thormail is useless with a ****ty passive?

DaBaier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2010

What would be a good skill build for high armor/resist Morde? More focus on Creeping Death?

PackMan97

04-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBaier View Post
What would be a good skill build for high armor/resist Morde? More focus on Creeping Death?
I like to go with Siphon first and then Creeping Death because Siphon has a quicker cool down and seems to be a more reliable shield refill.

One game last night, I was up against an all Phys team and went...

1. Doran's Shield
2. Wardens (for the HP5) and armor
3. Ninja Tabi
4. Thornmail
5. Aegis

I think I was up in the mid 70%s in terms of physical damage reduction. You can't kill what you can't hurt.

Hyudoga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-05-2010

I play Morde a lot. On TT i always start out with warmogs armor, next is Stark's, and then aegis of legion. later you can try to buy second warmogs, or phantom dancer, but thornmail is also pretty usefull, and if you play defensivly buy a angel guard.

But remember this is a support build. you can win 1 on 1 but you have better chances of mass killing if team is with you, an ther are melee

Corteaz

04-05-2010

Before the flame wars, check this build set up:
http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategie...ability+Chaser
I've tried it and it works in TT, and after Frozen Mallet, depending on the situation, stack any of those health regen armors otherwise Magic resists if you're popping over mages.

Hope this helped.

Kimmy Gibler

04-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corteaz View Post
Before the flame wars, check this build set up:
http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategie...ability+Chaser
I've tried it and it works in TT, and after Frozen Mallet, depending on the situation, stack any of those health regen armors otherwise Magic resists if you're popping over mages.

Hope this helped.
To my understanding, Phage wouldn't be so great for him as it's only an added magic dmg within a range. Did it change again? Because I didn't see if it's back to doing a percentage of attack dmg on it's next atack.

Azing

04-06-2010

Checking Corteaz I just don't agree.

TT is really more situational geared. Depends all on the other team

Regarding Thornmail, if it works as I believe it does, it does tend to be more effective on high HP heroes that lack raw resist then on raw armor tanks. Still even with focus on armor its useful in giving a nice kick back helping to negate life steal and making them regret smacking at your shield. If your going against melee heavy team and your getting another CDR item to help push you to 40% (such as Haunting Guise which is incredible) then I'd say skip Frozen Heart and aim for Thornmail for armor. If not then definently invest in a frozen heart. It won't return damage but it keeps his shield up and will slow those pesky melee carries that try smacking you. Melee heavy teams I suggest investing in either both those or focusing on warden and thorn and then getting haunting guise.

Caster wise Force of nature is an easy pick. Abysmal Staff is another amazing item to get since not only will it give good MR, but AP for more damage on abilities for more shield, and Magic Penetration that can help the entire team. Chances are if your tank built enough Banshee just won't be as great of an investment over adding more damage potential for you and the team, after all you are meant to eat damage.

If your getting any form of slow item, get Rylais. It boosts ability damage, gives some health (though not as much as Frozen Mallet) and can be used with his E that has great range helping to catch up with runners much more easily. With such a short CD it works great in catching people.

Corteaz

04-06-2010

Corrected by the senior members, cheers for that

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azing View Post

Regarding Thornmail, if it works as I believe it does, it does tend to be more effective on high HP heroes that lack raw resist then on raw armor tanks..
If you're meaning that it returns 30% of damage after armor then, no, that's not what it does. It returns 30% of raw damage before resists. I tested this with a friend and with 77% mitigation and thornmail with no hp items, I was returning more damage than he was doing. Because of natural hp boost and my auto attack made him fall almost instantly. And since lifesteal is after mitigation, it can really **** over somebody sporting two bloodthirsters, starks, or maladies.