Mordekaiser Build for TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xSJx

Senior Member

04-02-2010

Wtf is nature's fury? You mean force of nature right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rancid Sac

Senior Member

04-02-2010

okay most of the builds here are kinda... ehhh

Caster heavy team:

Doran's shield + 1 health pot
Force of nature and Merc Treads (build at the same time)
Stark's
Phage
Brutalizer if game is nearly over OR Sheen --> trinity force


DPS team:
Doran's shield + 1 health pot
Warden's mail and boots/situational (build at same time)
Stark's
Phage --> frozen mallet
game should be nearly over, but if not go for more armor or spirit visage

MIXED:
Doran's shield + 1 health pot
Spirit visage and mercury treads
Warden's Mail (dps isnt strong till midish game, so get this SECOND)
Aegis or Stark's
Aegis or Stark's
Phage
Brutalizer
Phage --> forzen mallet or T-force (if you made it this far, luls)



Why so much stark's?
The faster you can drop turrets, the faster you win and the harder you're pushing. Your teammates will love you for having stark's. Also - 30hp/5 and 20% lifesteal = mordrape.

Why dont you like frozen mallet?
Two reasons: Takes too long to build/costs too much AND if you're playing Mordekaiser correctly (i.e. stacking armor and/or mag resist) you will not need the hp boost (doran's + phage = adequate)

What about thornmail?
What about it? No regen. No good passives. 25% dmg return is AFTER reduction and is only highly effective if you have high hp, which Mord doesnt.

What order should I buy the items in for the buildable items?
Force of nature - 1 regrowth pendant, then cloak, then other pendant
Warden's Mail - rejuv bead, then strongest armor first if you can
Spirit Visage - should be able to do all in one
Starks - emblem of valour THEN recurve bow
Phage - health ruby then atk dmg



Okay, whoever read this can go win games now. gg


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrRumble

Member

04-02-2010

Okay I'll weigh in on this debate with a point of view.
I team with a mord for maybe 90% of my SR matches, and in SR Mord is awesome, primarily because Mord dominates his lane so well. But the fatal flaw with mord is the source of his shield which most of the time is creeps.

TT games move quite fast and require a team to be very mobile.

Mord relies on sticking in lane to keep is shield up, so moving lane to lane, when team fights happen out of lane can quite often leave mord with his shield/pants down. Which can havemord running into a fight in another lane, with a lot of his shield faded. to which can have mord being focussed down very fast.
Less opponents = less sources of ae damage, which = less shield power generation. While Mords ult and his decent damage help in team fights, his lack of control (stuns snares knockbacks) makes Mord a good target. If mord stacks armor, then he lacks the stopping/chasing power to stop a team from quickly ganking your carry and escaping.
Escaping and control are clutch in TT fights. Frozen mallet/rylais simply cost too much. There are so many good off tanks that are better suited to TT.
Cho -silence/slow/knock up
Sion - Stun/ ae heal/ massive burst damage
Taric - Stun/ armor aura/ heal
Singed - super fast / throwback / slow


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rancid Sac

Senior Member

04-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRumble View Post
Okay I'll weigh in on this debate with a point of view.
I team with a mord for maybe 90% of my SR matches, and in SR Mord is awesome, primarily because Mord dominates his lane so well. But the fatal flaw with mord is the source of his shield which most of the time is creeps.

TT games move quite fast and require a team to be very mobile.

Mord relies on sticking in lane to keep is shield up, so moving lane to lane, when team fights happen out of lane can quite often leave mord with his shield/pants down. Which can havemord running into a fight in another lane, with a lot of his shield faded. to which can have mord being focussed down very fast.
Less opponents = less sources of ae damage, which = less shield power generation. While Mords ult and his decent damage help in team fights, his lack of control (stuns snares knockbacks) makes Mord a good target. If mord stacks armor, then he lacks the stopping/chasing power to stop a team from quickly ganking your carry and escaping.
Escaping and control are clutch in TT fights. Frozen mallet/rylais simply cost too much. There are so many good off tanks that are better suited to TT.
Cho -silence/slow/knock up
Sion - Stun/ ae heal/ massive burst damage
Taric - Stun/ armor aura/ heal
Singed - super fast / throwback / slow
Not one of those champs (except MAYBE sion) can jungle as well as mord. nuff said


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrRumble

Member

04-02-2010

mord can't jungle anywhere near as good as udyr or warwick.

Mord can tank far better though. Mord is better suited to off tank/pushing.
If theres wards up, mord will get 2v1 stomped everytime. Toons like warwick can drop a jungle creep in no time.

Mord is strongest when he has more targets to be hit by his abilities. therefore other than average jungle control, mord brings very little to the table.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StretchyStretch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-02-2010

I always start with Spirit Visage on TT, then boots of swiftness or merc treads, situational. After that i tend to go for Frozen mallet and Aegis. Starks is a good choice too. If you have two casters on your team, you should get something else.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nameholder

Senior Member

04-03-2010

Typically I begin with Doran's Shield. I keep a stock of health pots up to the end of the game, and frequently maintain two sight wards. I usually forget to sell my Doran's as well, Morde is simply a great farmer and I try to hold the lizard buff as much as possible (I usually take the bottom lane). I usually go Ignite/Ghost since I find ghost is better than Flash in most situations on TT.

Item 1). Doran's Shield.
Item 2). Merc Treads if they have more than 1 stun, or Ninja Tabi.
Item 3). Spirit Visage (Everyone has some sort of magic damage).
Item 4). Warden's Mail (Cheap, phys armor and gets boosted by visage).
Item 5). Force of Nature (Gets boosted by visage too) or a +armor item.
Item 6). Frozen Mallet.

Game is usually over by Phage. I find Warmog's to be too late game of an item. Basically, I'm opting for the cheaper defense items and rely on the strong base numbers of my abilities to get kills. If the game drags on, I begin selling my cheaper defense items and buying better ones. Its important to initiate enemies near their lanes so you draw minion aggro -- to charge your shield when fighting them and to fool them into thinking they have an advantage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rancid Sac

Senior Member

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchyStretch View Post
I always start with Spirit Visage on TT, then boots of swiftness or merc treads, situational. After that i tend to go for Frozen mallet and Aegis. Starks is a good choice too. If you have two casters on your team, you should get something else.
Not enough DPS

@regent - too tanky, you wont get anywhere with that



Stark's is designed for mordekaiser - it has atk speed, lifesteal, aura so you can help your team, and most importantly 30hp/5

spirit visage is INSANELY overrated for mordekaiser. wardens gives you more hp regen and a nice block of armor and costs only 300 more. the only time i think "visage would be nice" is when i pop my ult and absolutely NEED the heal.



Yeah he's supposed to be played as tank, but you'll find that stark's on him rocks face and frozen mallet is just more hp. Like i said stack the appropriate defense and make sure your shield is up.





give my build a shot and see how it goes...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eat dat chammich

Senior Member

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid Sac View Post

What about thornmail?
What about it? No regen. No good passives. 25% dmg return is AFTER reduction and is only highly effective if you have high hp, which Mord doesnt.
It's 25% dmg return before your mitigation. I would assume damage eaten by the shield still reflects but I don't know for sure. Anyone tested this out?

Warden's is still a better bet in my opinion. Reduces overall damage done to you and gives you solid regen so that you aren't hurting yourself more than they opponents are. It's also cheaper.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rancid Sac

Senior Member

04-03-2010

thornmail is **** if you're not a hp monster


even if your shield is involved mord isnt meant to be slapped for extended periods of time by dps