Mordekaiser Build for TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bladee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2010

Situational boots, Frozen mallet, starks -> Win

IceGiants2

04-02-2010

I'll have to try out starks Bladee.. I've stopped getting it, as i use to get it on Sivir and she isn't that great for TT.

Do you still get starks even if your other team members dont' do much melee damage?

PackMan97

04-02-2010

Starks can be worth it for just one person, it's a pretty powerful item. Does it extend to minions as well? In which case thats a nice buff for taking down a tower.

Don't foget the armor debuff it has as well.

GuyGin

04-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
Starks can be worth it for just one person, it's a pretty powerful item. Does it extend to minions as well? In which case thats a nice buff for taking down a tower.

Don't foget the armor debuff it has as well.
It doesn't work on minions.

I would avoid starks on TT as it is just a kind of slow / expensive buildup, and you end up paying a lot for the aura which just isn't as effective with only 3 people (i guess if all 3 are phys dps though it's prob still good).

I'm no morde expert, but I might just buy him next chance I get.
Based on the other heroes I play, I would say something like:
Dorans -> Boots 1 -> Spirit Vis. -> Boots 2 (mercury or tabi, probably) -> Brutalizer.

Very cheap build (about 4000 gold in all) and gives you relatively good stats,
120 hps, 10 armor, 33 mr, 24 hp5, 25 damage, 15 armor pen, 22% CDR, and whatever stats from the boots.

But I'm no morde expert. I really want to get him for TT, so if anything thinks that build up will or will not work, I'd be interested to know.

Kainos Echad

04-02-2010

I am no expert but as you are running around even more as a 3 man team in TT I would think auras were even more valuable.

SirCumference

04-02-2010

You won't be able to complete this but

Exhaust, Ignite

Regrowth pendant

lvl 1 boots

Giants belt, Ruby pendant, wyrmogs

Merc treads

phage

Sheen

Zeal

Trinity

wyrmogs

atma

IceGiants2

04-02-2010

GuyGin,

That is a pretty cheap and interesting build, I'll have to try it out. The main problem is that as Mort you have no way of slowing your opponent unless you get a Phage, Frozen or Sceptor.. and it really does matter. You would be forced to get exaust .. though that's a pretty good summoner's ability to get anyways.

Also, you have no hp regen, so you would have to get it all from runes. You really do need some kind of hp regen ( lifesteal or hp/5), especailly with all that cooldown reduction, as your spells cost hps to cast.

GuyGin

04-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceGiants2 View Post
GuyGin,

Also, you have no hp regen, so you would have to get it all from runes. You really do need some kind of hp regen ( lifesteal or hp/5), especailly with all that cooldown reduction, as your spells cost hps to cast.
The build had 24 hp regen. I know it's not quite starks or warmogs but that isn't that bad. (guess is you just didn't see the number there).

Yeah i realize the lack of the slow can be a handicap, and really I am kind of relying on the idea that a teammate will have slow of some sort.

On TT you can do pretty well just straight up forcing the enemy heroes out of lane, particularly with morde. If you are forcing them to blue pill and heal and run back, thats 20-30 seconds you have with no hero. Snares might be necessary to get the kill, but straight up harassment can be enough to get you towers which really matter quite a bit.

I guess also in response to earlier comments, Starks isn't a bad item, but you're paying a lot for the stats that, while good, aren't perfect (without any AD, the AS and Lifesteal from starks is Sub Par, imo, for example.)

Also, Starks is 2550 gold. For that gold you could get almost get a spirit visage AND brutalizer, at 2687 gold.

The extra ult healing from spirit, the 22% cdr, the 15 arpen, 25 damage, 33 magic res, and 18 hp regen gives you nice round stats. Compare it to 25 armor redux, 45% AS, 30 hp/5 and 20% lifesteal.

To be honest I don't know if the brutalizer would be awesome on morde or not. It just seems like it would be good because CDR would make his abilities much more spammable, and that is the only other one with no mana or mana regen on it.

Another option would be to skip brutalizer, and go for Spirit Visage + Phage.

Just thoughts. I'm looking into buying morde as my next hero tbh. I need a good tank for TT but the collectors pack doesn't REALLY come with any great TT tanks. I'm just hesitant to spend the RP on a hero that doesn't cost 6300 IP.

PackMan97

04-02-2010

Re: Slow - It's one of the reasons I like Warden's which has a nice chance to slow a target if they hit you. It's no Sceptor or Mallet, but it can help, and it's cheap and has regen. Nice starting item against a heavy phys team (as opposed to the Spirit Visage).

He was getting a Warmogs first which has plenty of regen, of course the biggest problem with his build is no damage mitigation. Mord's strength is in his ability to take a beating on his shield. The more MR/Armor you have, the long your shield lasts. The longer your shield lasts, the longer you live.

Updated my choices again...to be a bit easier to understand.

1. Doran's Shield (armor, hp, regen)
2/3. Boots 1
2/3. Warden's or Visage (armor/mr, hp regen with a bonus of slow or cdr)
4. Boots 2 (tabi or mercs)
5. Thornmail or Force of Nature (for more armor/mr and reflect/regen)
6. Mallet or Sceptor
7. Are you seriously still playing? Guinsoo's are fun, as is a guardian angel for mega tank, heck, get a warmogs and maybe since the game is still dragging you can fill it up.
8. type /ff because by this point it's pointless the only way a team is going to win is if they surrender.

Azing

04-02-2010

Physical Heavy - Frozen Heart (500 mana is a waste, but that 99 armor and that 25% CDR is insanely good combined with 20% slower enemy attack speed)
Magic Heavy - Nature's Fury (Bread and butter you will get Rejuv from it no matter what and its an investment none the less in the end unless they are pure Physical damage.
Mix - Nature's Fury most likely. Regen is key and then after that you can move on to Frozen heart.

CDR is Mord's friend and item wise you should aim to achieve it in one way or another to keep his shield up and when it does take damage that damage should be mitigated by Armor/MR.

DO NOT FOCUS HP! HP on Mord = Relative waste.