Kassadin = twisted treeline OWNAGE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

roflcopter77

Banned

04-02-2010

Hi guys! Just to let you know this is only my first 'guide', so please don't go ripping on the structure.

As you all know, Twisted Treeline is finally from beta testing and is now online. And as you all know, the rule there is 'Gank of Die', and Kassadin's ult is the #1 gank/escape ability out there. Here are some ways you an PWN with riftwalk:

The Dragon mid gank

OK, here's the situation, there is a 2vs3 team fight going on in mid, and one of their guys is trying to escape, you rift in, fire all of your abilities(force pulse should be ready) and chase his @$$ DOWN. The other team wont be expecting it and will start to chase you when it's too late.

You can also use this long wall to escape I pissed off the entire enemy team by rifting through there.

Near the base

As you all know, the long wall on either teams base can be a real pain in the ass, but with this rift you can easily get in there to help your team and get out just as easily.
Also, what i just did in a previous game is rift over the enemy wall, and attack the nexus while the other team fights

From the Lizard to Mid

I usually use this trick when chasing a <1/2 hp soloer. Only people with flash can stand a chance against this as you can get easily ganked with it. CAUTION!!! I GOT STUPID WITH THIS AND I DIED MANY TIMES WITH THIS, USE WITH CAUTION.

Remember, all of these ganks can be used as escape options. Sometimes I just go to low health and distract players that want to get an 'easy' kill \while my other team pwns their base. If you can do this well, you can go around the entire map (I did that once funny as HELL)

Purplz

04-02-2010

You must be in a really low elo if the opposite team chases you ALL around the map while your teammates destroy turrets.

PhearPhate

04-02-2010

So you want Kassadin to rift into the Nexus and attack it?

This is assuming you are an AD build, which already puts you at a disadvantage. If you are focusing on attack, I doubt you have the mana to rift around the map which will keep you from being caught.

Kassadin can't just jump into a fight whenever, it has to be planned to hit as many people as possible with Force Pulse, then a strategic silence on their main caster/disabler, then rift walk away. If you pop straight in, you will get focused, and you will die.

I will agree that Rift makes Kassadin very viable on TT, but for none of the reasons you stated.

Baelrog

04-02-2010

I have to agree with PhearPhate. I main Kas and know from experience that he can be really powerful when played well. In TT setting up ganks with kas is even easier because of the narrow paths that restrict most champs movement, giving kas an advantage. Also the ability to teleport into battle through a wall and pulse can be really devastating for an enemy team, disrupting movement and often results in scattering. However, he is squishy so you need to know when you can pull that of and when you cant. Planning ahead, timing and estimating enemy actions are key elements for playing Kas successfully, I believe more so then most other champs. He is great in TT but not for the strange scenario tactics you refer to.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2010

The is 1 big problem with Kassadin...
Lvls 1-5.....
He offers little support to an early game team fight, so you forfeit jungle control, and he has to tower hug for the most part until 6, or he will feed decent team comps.

roflcopter77

Banned

04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhearPhate View Post
So you want Kassadin to rift into the Nexus and attack it?

This is assuming you are an AD build, which already puts you at a disadvantage. If you are focusing on attack, I doubt you have the mana to rift around the map which will keep you from being caught.

Kassadin can't just jump into a fight whenever, it has to be planned to hit as many people as possible with Force Pulse, then a strategic silence on their main caster/disabler, then rift walk away. If you pop straight in, you will get focused, and you will die.

I will agree that Rift makes Kassadin very viable on TT, but for none of the reasons you stated.

OK, here's what I meant, I built an AP kassadin with some CD so what I did was when i port in, i got the attention of a jax, who stupidly tries to follow me every time i port over the wall.
So basically, here's what happens:

1 I port in and start attacking their nexus, i catch the attention of Jax.

2 When he's about to do leap strike I port back out.

3 Jax follows me

4 I repeat until their nexus is down

As someone else said that the team would have killed me, they were in a big 2v2 crucial battle as all of our and their turrets were down. So if they did what you said, our team would still win.