Why do I always lose at TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2010

To everyone commenting on his score, I think he means his team's kill's vs. their teams kills. not his K/D.

TT team fighting takes some skill to get used to.. It's usually who can burst the most squishy down first, and who can unload damage on the champion overextended the most before taking damage themselves. So its a fine art.

Some tactics to try:
1) Brush-Ninja: Setup in Brush early in the game as a team (get there asap) and try to catch a straggler and burst them down.
2) Synergize your summoner skills - Always great to have 1 smite to control dragon and lizard, always nice to have a clarivoyance before jumping into a questionable spot, always nice to have rally for small choke 3v3 fights for a tower/positioning. etc.
3) Tanks are strong, remember when deciding on skills, and champions consider bringing a tank, and consider bringing stun. The more damage you can take and mitigate the better off you are.
4) Build items to counter champions... Sword of the Divine rush on carry vs Jax, Executioner's calling rush vs Warwick and Mundo. It helps a ton.

good luck.

EnderA

04-02-2010

The problem with TT right now is that ELO is waaaaaay off for people playing it. Plenty of otherwise good players are trying out TT. Since they haven't played it hardly at all, they suck. However, the ELO system looks at their record in SR and places them higher than they really are in TT.

TT's a completely different game, but matchmaking doesn't account for that.

GuyGin

04-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderA View Post
The problem with TT right now is that ELO is waaaaaay off for people playing it. Plenty of otherwise good players are trying out TT. Since they haven't played it hardly at all, they suck. However, the ELO system looks at their record in SR and places them higher than they really are in TT.

TT's a completely different game, but matchmaking doesn't account for that.
That's a pretty good explaination, but I don't know if it's the whole story.

A lot of people try to play their normal hero the normal way, which is what is the downfall of the game. TT does play very differently, and a lot of people just don't know how to play it. For example I played with a guy who insisted that pirate was great on TT. He proceeded to get 4x avarice blades. We proceeded to lose.

I disagree with people saying you need awesome coordination to win. You just need better coordination than in SR. Some things to keep in mind as differences:
1) The jungle matters a LOT more in TT than SR. many people have teams that ignore the jungle, and it is a huge handicap to do so. If you're ignoring the jungle it must be for a good reason, like taking an inhibitor and not just farming creep waves.

2) Hero parity is much different. You mentioned the opposing team playing shaco / poppy / mundo (i get shivers just thinking about playing against that team). So really, you have to pick some of the better heroes or you will be fighting an uphill battle. Just like SR you need AT LEAST 1 tank, if not 2. Having 1 jungler is very good, and disables are as always potent on TT.

Taking squishy heroes with no real snare / stun / or incapacitate is generally a bad idea, ESPECIALLY if they're slow moving. Karthus is the worst pick I think i've seen on the map.

Keep playing it and you will get the hang of it. It's much easier to tell if you have a fail team on TT than on SR, I find. It sucks because it means I have to dodge more, but really it cant be helped.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2010

i would always get lizard first, it gives you and your team a full level

Encoding

04-02-2010

The thing to keep in mind like others have said is that with only 3v3 and a smaller map, the games will be much quicker. Anything that has to charge up or gold/10 builds will not work most of the time.

That being said I played 2v3 earlier today, myself, Karthus, and a Shaco vs a Ryze Ezreal and Shaco. It was a 50 minute long game, but we dominated. Individual skill does make a difference, and communication is key. The entire time we were strategizing, while the other team was saying "I HAET UR ULT WTF"

cybrcld

04-02-2010

So there are a few differences that really stick out in TT. Once you wrap your head around these things, it's not too bad to do good on TT. And i'll comment on all of them.
1. initial turrets are WAYY further apart (from left to right) which means it's much easier to get ganked early game since you'll have to run a long distance to stay alive if you're in trouble.
Remedy: Be very cautious early game, i like to carry ghost/cleanse which helps me stay alive. Always watch for those MIA's, EVEN if your teammates don't call them. In the time it takes to notice, and type it, you could already be in trouble. Shouldn't be too hard, there's only 3 enemy champions to keep track of.
2. There are only 3 champions on your team.
Remedy: Yeah i know this sounds obvious, but you have to take into account that you are now 1/3rd your team! If you die, chances are, your teammates may die easily in 3v2 battles. Aim for (and ALWAYS) clean kills. This means, go for kills you KNOW you won't die at the end of getting that kill. You just got to know when to let that kill go sometimes.
3. Try to find a pre-made team.
~ K, i'm sure you have at least 2 other friends on LoL that you play with. Try to make a pre-made team but before Queuing your game, plan out your character select and summoner spells. VERY IMPORTANT. Decide who's good with who, what kind of cc's (stuns/slows/etc) your team will have, how your team battles will go down, who's going to do the pushing/tanking/jungling, etc. There's a lot of good teams out there.

For example
Good: TF, Karth, Mord
You have a hardcore tank with an ult that can change battles. You have a TF dps'er who can push towers and get stuns, and port to anyone's aid in an instant and reveal all enemy positions. And you have a high damage output mage that can pwn stragglers, deal aoe damage, and slow people. Team battles, you can have Mord lead in with teammates behind.

Bad: Annie, Ryze, Blitz
K, first, all amazing characters, just maybe not as a 3v3 team. You'll have Blitz which'll be great for battle initiation and 1 knockup and 2 stuns. Totally great for nuking, but you have absolutely no pushers (assuming blitz goes AP which totally pwns imo). Not to mention, you have a rather slow mobility team and since all characters rely on burst damage, your team may be in huge trouble if they all spam one character and have all moves on CD. Since the team has no real junglers (although ryze can 1v1 pretty dam well), your team could at least consider one clairevoyance on the team. I'm not saying it's impossible for this team to win, but there are definately some better team combinations.

anyways, hope my tips help and happy TT'ing.

ANDRETHEGOD

04-03-2010

for TT, allways ALLWAYS have a Sion in ur team.

He's a tank eater, he stuns, he heals when he uses ultimate, and he can be a tank with a good start.

And of course, he is great for pushing thanks to his pwnerminionshield

TechYS

04-03-2010

In TT, I tend to get more hp than I usually do in SR. Basically, its great to be able to dish out 999 dmg per strike, but it would be useless if you die in 3 seconds.

Since ganks happne alot, its not a bad idea to place wards in the middle jungle to keep track of enemy movements. Get the guy who doesn't need gold the most to do it. If you have champions who have mini-wards, better get them to place those in there.

Play it safe. Don't push blindly without checking the whereabouts of enemies. Usually that = kills and free gold for the other team after you get ganked.

Bring champions with skillshots. Have them check bushes before going in. (learned that the hard way)

Push hard when you have aced the other team. Its not the time to go jungling or heal. Its time to push towers.

Don't verbally piss off your teammates. (because there can be alot of correct judgements that does piss off teammates, I'll keep this in the range of verbal issues) You only have 3 people. Losng 1 is losing 1/3 of your team rather than 1/5 of your team in SR. If you meet with those rage quitters, on-purpose feeders, or fake afkers (refering to ones who blame others for their own mistakes then goes afk), well, bad luck happens all the time. You can't do much about that other than playing to your best.

Detha

04-03-2010

Get two friends and play Dr. Mundo, Shen and Mordekaiser; have yet to lose with this combo on TT (though we've only played 25~ games), we're all invincible on the map and deal a good amount of damage. This combo is quite boring, however, and I highly recommend just playing Summoner's Rift until they get the champions a tad more balanced in Twisted Treeline; it's just a lot more fun imo.

MillitaryBeetle

04-03-2010

I play alistar and he is great at TT when the enemy team bunches up and goes bushing around together.
I played a random with a shaco and a TF, they owned. I would flash over that wall with the dragon, pulverize, and head but one of them into shaco while TF closed in from the other side to hunt down the other two.