Why do I always lose at TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Edyll

04-01-2010

I'm on the longest losing streak I've ever been on, and I blame it all on TT.

Every game I've played on TT has been a miserable, awful loss. So far on this 9 game losing streak, the scores keep looking something like 5/23, 3/26, 11/30, 7/18 - you get the idea.

I'm not good at TT, this is apparent. Usually (like 7/9 games) someone on my team goes and gives the enemy team first blood. The enemy is almost always extremely well organized and a team like Poppy/Shaco/Mundo.

WHAT DO I DO TO WIN TT?

I've tried wards, jungle control, outlevelling the enemies, etc. But every single time we lose team fights like BAM BAM BAM all 3 dead. No matter if I play a tank against tanks or a squishy against burst dps, my team just gets demolished.

I'm good at SR, so its not a general skill thing (My past 100 games or so have about a 65:35 ratio). But on TT, I am always owned. I never even understand how we lose so badly, my team is just always MUCH weaker than the enemy team.

WTF do I do? please?

Azing

04-01-2010

Holy Sh*** yeah my guess is your in low ELO with those horrid scores.

My only guess is that with SR you being bad didn't count when your only 1/5th the teams power. In TT your 1/3rd the power and if your playing a hero bad at it your going to get ripped apart.

Arcostis

04-01-2010

I dont think i could try to feed and die that much, too much time respawning. have revive and death recuction? haha

wildfire393

04-01-2010

It might help to know some things. What champion(s) have you been playing? What item path have you been going?

There are a lot of things that are just different for TT. For starters, for the first 2-3 minutes of the game, it is a good idea for all three members to stick together. Odds are the enemy team will be doing this, as first blood is very important, as is getting your team to be 1/0/0 + two 0/0/1's (assists are big). Since lizard now gives global exp and money, it is a good idea to take that immediately, and there is often a teamfight over it. Doran's items are super good for the early early game potential they give you.

Cheap/mid level items are a lot better on TT. You just don't have time to build your IE + double Bloodthirster build. A good game will probably end with you having your doran's item, upgraded boots, and 2 <2K items (BF Sword + Last Whisper, for example). 1100-1800 items are the things to shoot for. Phage, Zeal, Sheen, Brutalizer, Haunting Guise, Fiendish Codex, Giant's Belt, snowball items, Aegis of the Legion, Spirit Visage, Soul Shroud, these are the kind of items that are amazing to have in your inventory. Items like BF Sword items, high level rods (Rylai's, RoA, Archangel's, Zhonya's) are less so due to their high costs (and in the case of RoA and Archangel's, charge times).

Defensive items are very important as well. Odds are you are going to want at least one Defensive item (besides boots + doran's) as your second or at worst third real item. I will buy a Giant's belt sometimes even as a first real item.

FailPatrol

04-01-2010

try a good champion?

AIM7Sparrow

04-02-2010

TT is the most tryhard thing about this game as of now. (not saying that in a bad way)

my point is that that whole map revolves around insane teamplay and cooperation right from the get-go. your individual skill has little effect on the game, especially since you don't get to demonstrate any of it during a normal laning phase like in SR.

Blmz

04-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
TT is the most tryhard thing about this game as of now. (not saying that in a bad way)

my point is that that whole map revolves around insane teamplay and cooperation right from the get-go. your individual skill has little effect on the game, especially since you don't get to demonstrate any of it during a normal laning phase like in SR.
Wrong, individual skill and flawless play matter more in a map where small mistakes will cost you the game even more easily than in SR.

Douglas Fork

04-02-2010

Not sure most will agree, but I find that soloing[edit: I meant solo-queuing] in TT is generally a bad idea. The map demands a lot of teamplay, and the fact that are only 3 players in each team means that more often than not you'll be playing against full premades (even in low-mid ELO).

On strategy, try choosing characters with good early game potential, good scape mechanisms and get in mind that tankish characters do particularly well in this map. Besides that, I usually mix sticking together with my team (specially early on) ganking and jungling; and farming and pushing in the lane. But always near the turret if the opposite team is alive. Do so, and don't forget to push and drop turrets when the opponents are disabled (i.e. dead or basing), and you should do fine. Well, at least not lose 10 in a row anymore.

If it doesn't work I recommend sticking to Summoner's Rift. ;D

Purplz

04-02-2010

If you don't tell us what champ you play, it ain't gonna help.

Xervo

04-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FailPatrol View Post
try a good champion?

Oh! Finally and end-all, be-all solution..... why didnt you just say that earlier?