Dodge vs Armor/lvl runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naphtal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-01-2010

I am a Shaco player and lately, i've been deciding on what seals to get lately and i've noticed that a vast majority of people suggest getting dodge runes. 6.75% dodge(w/o quints) seem very tempting. you make full use of your nimbleness and you can dodge certain abilities such as poppy's devastating blow, blitz's power fist etc. not to mention certain heroes like jax greatly benefit from it. then i saw the total cost of 9 of these runes. 7380 and i was taken aback from the cost and started seraching for possible alternatives.

Then i noticed the Armor/lvl runes. 24.3 armor at level 18. then i remembered that 1 armor gives 1% EHP. therefore this effectively raises your physical HP by 24.3% while dodge only gives 6.75% increase. and its cheaper too. sadly, i realize that there are many ways of countering armor stacking. such as armor pen runes, last whisper, black cleaver, etc. while dodge can only be countered by Sword of the divine. but still the 24.3% increase is very interesting. any thoughts on this guys?

Original Ganker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-01-2010

because you have a 6.75% to reduce all damage from an attack and this is very important early game. not to menion the speed buff from nimbleness

Xano74

04-05-2010

Where did you get the information that 1 armor increases HP? I have never heard that before.

Wickd

04-05-2010

a good shaco doesnt get dodge runes and he doesnt get nimbleness either enough said.

Adel Dijerek

04-05-2010

Armor is NOT 1% EHP. It has diminishing returns, and 24 armor is basically nothing. Dodging, meanwhile, is a direct buff against DPS attackers, and easily better.

That said, Shaco doesn't NEED to dodge. If he's getting hit something went wrong somewhere or you're playing bait.