3 v 3 Team Comp for Summoner's Rift?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KinkyKona

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2011

A couple of my friends and I are going to a LAN party, and their is a 3 v 3 LoL tournament, but it is on Summoner's rift. I don't really have experience with 3 v 3 on Summoner's rift... What kind of team composition would be good? I was thinking of a DPS, an AP nuke or AoE burst, and some kind of tanky character, like maybe Alistar? Please let me know what a good team comp for 3 v 3 on summoners rift would be.

Icy Frappuccino

06-17-2011

Here are some thoughts I had:

1) Visibility. There's going to be a wider area of map that won't be visible. Wards and Clairvoyance become more important.

2) Travel. Harder to gank with less members. Sort of ties in with visibility, but being able to get from point A to the gank area asap could be the winning factor. Nocturne and TF may have better value in this area.

3) HP: Each champion's health becomes all the more important. Losing just 1 team member in a team fight will hurt you more.

4) CC: Stuns will have a much higher impact with facing fewer opponents.

My suggestions: 2 tanky-ish characters that can CC with another hero that can help establish map control or with visibility.

Good luck!

KinkyKona

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2011

Ok thanks! I'll keep that in mind!

doo0ooooooom

06-17-2011

with 3 people and 3 lanes, everyone gets a solo lane. i dont' think ganking would happen often cause that would cost you a tower to even attempt, and its really easy to see MIAS when theres 1 person/lane.

So i dont see why jungle/map control would be that important.

you'd probably want 3 strong solo laners. and pushers too.

you'd also want people who snowball well cause there's going to be lots of farming going on.