Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to not die with Yi ???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheOnlyJaces

06-17-2011

thanks a lot for all these tips

SLyF0X

06-18-2011

Okay here's the sad truth. Master yi like all melee will take damage in team fights. Your only hope is Annie wastes her burst before you go in. Timing is everything with Yi and sometimes it is not enough if the other team is smart. Yi likes small scaled battles when he is ganking, Yi likes pushing and farming, Yi is fast and controls the map. With all champions play to that champions strength and if those strengths don't work for your team comp then you picked the wrong champion.

I personally like Yi in the jungle as he gives most to his team that way. Oh and always build Youmuu's Ghostblade, it is the best item for him.

MyThotsKeepMeAFK

Recruiter

06-18-2011

Don't pick him.

Cuix

06-18-2011

Go AP. I've done it and tanked a turret and 2 champions while STILL gaining health back. I'm honestly not joking; AP Yi is ridiculous.

Alucard910

06-18-2011

Like most squishy characters you just have to engage after the opposing team has used their cc and big cd spells on someone else.

TheAsianPlayboy

06-18-2011

Quote:
Alucard910:
Like most squishy characters you just have to engage after the opposing team has used their cc and big cd spells on someone else.

But the catch is that when you do, your team has already died.

WoLF42

06-22-2011

Yi is excellent at farming throughout the whole game with Alpha Strike and maxing out AS or Damage (Crits/LS are optional, but are okay if you're JFF-ing, you can play around with what suits you). Mainly stacking AS and Damage synergises with a high damage output of Wuju Style and Highlander.

I would recommend staying out of as many Champions' way as possible for a simple reason - your health is simply NOT that great. Farming minions, while making sure you stay out of harm's way will help you. Surviving the first few waves of minions is C-R-U-C-I-A-L because as soon as you're underlevelled, you stand a very slim chance of defeating an opponent who is a higher level.

Alpha Strike is a great last-hitter and is a great chasing technique. It is, however not detrimental to level with Meditate as well, because you might find you're up against a range or ranged ability. Keep in mind that it heals AND gives armour/magic resist. However it only works while remaining still. Any movement or attacking an opponent will stop this resistance. Meditate is used to lure opponents into wasting their spells, while preparing to Alpha Strike, then Highlander (at level 6) to chase them. This quick switch from defensive techniques to offensive chase with high normal attack output catches inexperienced player by surprise. Having someone to support you (Tank/Support/Carry/Range) is an obvious aid to surviving.

2 v 1 situations are excellent as they will maximise your chasing skills if your ally isn't a chicken :P

Simply stay out of the way of your opposing champions until you're comfortable fighting against them.
Yi is my main and I can say that it is hard when you start off with Yi, but as with every champion, practise is essential. You will find Yi squishy, but after levelling your skills to your style and against your opponent, you will see that he last longer than you currently think.