LAN Option

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

07-11-2009
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
We won't have a monthly fee

btw, what is your A/S/L?

Werewolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-13-2009

When i had host LAN's for DotA, we would all still connect to Battlenet (with all purchased keys) and join up with a few other mates also. It would be a nice option to have LAN for League of Legends but it is not necessary at all. I would hate to play together with Piraters and Cheaters/Maphackers just for the sake of a few LAN parties and cheap people who want to Pirate the game.

Paying for a legitimate copy of a quality product is worth more than what it actually costs.

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

07-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
We're not worried about piracy... for reasons you'll find out next week!
You have the British Navy on your side?

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

07-14-2009

Oh damn, I was wrong...

The game will be free =o

Threads

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-14-2009

if you have a LAN party, play over the internet.

anyway supporting anything riot does right now - recently they have been getting things right.
have faith

Berler

Adjudicator

07-16-2009

not supporting lan will probably increase the business riot gets, not decrease it. Although I'd be surprised if the extra business from not supporting lan overcomes the additional server costs for hosting all the games.

Eithyr

Adjudicator

07-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeNirvana View Post
You have the British Navy on your side?
The game is free remember?

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

07-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eithyr View Post
The game is free remember?
Free was announced on July 14...that was posted July 13. =P

I like the navy idea, though...

Symbiant

07-19-2009

I love the idea of the game being free, I would totally donate money to support this game though. As for a LAN option, I don't think it's needed. It is not that difficult to hook up to the internet while at a LAN party just to connect to the LoL servers so you can "LAN" over the internet by simply creating a private custom game. :P This not only allows the Dev team to keep track of whose playing (even though the game is free) but it also allows them to roll out updates that prevent all sorts of cheating, exploiting, etc. I totally favor the idea of no LAN because I hate cheaters at LAN parties. :P

Xagur

07-24-2009

but at some situations, LAN would be really great. if you have a bit ibgger LANparty, you might have a bit low internetconnection? or you might just want to lan somewhere where you dont have internet, and what about when your itnerne is down for some reason,or the servers, what are you sopposed to do then?^^ I at least hope there will be some sort of single player option with bots offline, so you dontalways need a internetconnection to even play with AI.