Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shen's summoner spells?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cupiter

06-17-2011

So I play shen a lot, and I pick improved fortify and improved teleport for my spells, are these good choices? I figured it was only logical, since shen is the global tank, to grab the two global defensive spells, but haven't seen any shens pick these lately.

FaerellG

06-17-2011

teleport isn't bad for Shen. However, I tend to utilize Exhaust and Ghost. I don't think Fortify is a very good option in general.

Zyren

06-17-2011

Shen can honestly get away with almost any summoner spells, because he can jump most walls with his dash.

Ghost is a popular pick on him, as for the other, many take Exhaust, so when they ult their teammate they can not only turn the fight into a 2v1 or w/e but they can also exhaust the enemy and perhaps completely turn the tables.

I personally tend to run Clairvoyance and Ghost, just because I think CV is amazing and every team should have one (until it gets nerfed, then we'll see).

Dakkas

06-17-2011

I personally run Teleport and Exhaust

TsurugiHikari

06-17-2011

I personally run different spells based on the team opposition, if we're in ranked, otherwise I usually try working it in with the team composition. The summoner spells I've personally used on him are:

- Teleport
- Ghost
- Exhaust
- Smite (for jungling)
- CV (Only if I think I can get away with it).

liquidstardust

06-17-2011

exhaust/ingnite imo

Aikimiller

06-17-2011

Fortify isn't actually a terrible spell on him. As a tank, it's your job to protect your team. Midgame, one of your teammates is being tower dived, Ult + Fortify + Taunt can be pretty darn effective.

Exhaust is pretty much mandatory on him I think. It facilitates your teammates killing, and keeps them alive longer. Ignite is particularly useful because as a tank, you tend to be one of the last ones alive in a fight, and ignite can help with a cleanup.

Teleport is overkill on him, in my experience, unless you're building to split push HARD (aegis, sunfire).

I R Orc Peon

06-17-2011

Exhaust is a must. even if you have 4 of them already, I'd say. Its good for slowing for a kills and for nerfing a champion you didnt catch with taunt.or even did catch with taunt but is so farmed they would kill even the tankiest of champs in seconds.

Ive always picked ghost for my other spell...But improved ignite would also be good.. in fact I think I will start using that if I ever play shen again.

FaerellG

06-17-2011

Quote:
Zyren:
I personally tend to run Clairvoyance and Ghost, just because I think CV is amazing and every team should have one (until it gets nerfed, then we'll see).

Interesting idea for the CV. I love CV as well, but I've never considered taking it with Shen cause I'm defense specced. I tend to want full 21 utility if I take CV.

Cupiter

06-17-2011

Okay thanks. I will try exhaust instead of fortify :]