Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

low level play vs high level play, and how to win in solo q

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JeryC

06-15-2011

With the coming conclusion of S1 & Dreamhack, i'm writing my final contribution, aka troll piece on LOL forums. I'm pretty much done with LOL, which nobody really cares, and neither do I.

High level game:
Typically, they have a jungler, a solo mid/top, and 2 bottom to cover dragon. They are great laners, they only do last hits, avoiding pushing lane as everyone fears the jungler comes behind their back to gank them. They have decent uses of wards to cover the major areas.

Low level game:
2 top, 2 bot, and 1 mid. No jungler, or even if they had a jungler, it's as good as not having one, because your solo top would be facing 2, and he can't handle it. They are horrible laners, not being able to even hold their lanes. They never ever use wards.

In a high level match, why does lanewick works? Why does alistar works? Why does cho-gath work? Why does all the melees we have so much trouble with in lanes in low level games, but not in the high level games? Because high level games do not harrass, do not push lane, and they only last hit & intense farm. This creates a safe environment for the meless.

To cut the BS short, since i'm out of patience typing too, the biggest issue is how to win in low level, solo q, pug games? U take a good ranged carry, ie Corki, Ms Fortune, u take the duo side lanes, and u push the lane. Take a ward for the river to cover your back just in case, and u keep auto-attacking and pushing until the tower is down. Don't engage in fights. Just push. There are 3 great advantages to that, and your team will have a far greater chance of winning the game.

Sailor Twift

06-15-2011

For the most part you're completely right, but high level players would harass constantly if their enemies weren't zoning properly. Join a high elo ranked game and try to get in melee range of the enemy caster minions lol.

Everything else I'm with you on.

TheAsianPlayboy

06-15-2011

I agree with picking a good range carry and playing that role very well is probably the best way to win games in solo q. I'm not sure on taking the duo side lanes is best though.

Why is it better than taking mid.

JeryC

06-15-2011

Quote:
TheAsianPlayboy:
I agree with picking a good range carry and playing that role very well is probably the best way to win games in solo q. I'm not sure on taking the duo side lanes is best though.

Why is it better than taking mid.

oh. suprised this thread is still alive. lol.

i prefer side lanes becuz 2 can push faster; i can deny 2 opponents if they suck; if things go wrong, there's another one to cover your back, even in a 1 for 1 trade, either u or your ally gets the kill at least; your lane ally can hold the lane while u go back for items; and becuz it's safer as opponents usually only come from the river which i can see coming from a mile away with wards, while in mid, i'm always afraid where they'll come from.

ZachisonFire

06-15-2011

Wouldn't kat be a good carry? She can do it as well as a Cait or Corki, her lane presence just isnt as good until 6.