Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champions Sales - This Weekend 50% off Amumu and Janna

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarpati

04-01-2010

They're both in the collector's pack, which provides a lot more bang for your buck. Even if you decide to put champions not in said pack for sale, there's also the champions bundle to consider. It has quite a few of the most expensive champions, so those are out of the question too (unless you sell them at 75% off).

That leaves you with 8 released champions and 2 upcoming ones.

However, a lot of people would rather purchase champions like Karthus and Ezreal with RP thanks to their high IP price tag. Those are the ones you should be aiming at.

Jibber

04-01-2010

They'll start having more champions for sale eventually but they have to start somewhere. Way i see it they're starting small and trying to get people who don't pay at all to try buying a champion. Makes sense from a business perspective but it still does suck for the people who payed for the collectors pack.

i don't mind paying for RP since it supports the game I love to play. Hell I payed for Bioshock 2, which has since become a $80 beer coaster. Just hope they do me a solid and toss that money towards the team in charge of nerfing Hiemers turret health.

Flashydragon

Recruiter

04-01-2010

Quote:
Rexplosive:
Patches are Thursdays usually. You just have to wait until the Americans wake up.

haha, i agree with you...problem is i live in the great state of Texas...

SofaKingAwsome

04-01-2010

I think you should also put them on sale using IP also. I think since it's 50% off using RP you guys should make it 25% off using IP, That way you can still get people to spend RP but for the people who have absolutely no RP, they can still buy it at a discount if they REALLY want it.

Currently this doesnt bother me seeing as i have both of these guys already, but just a thought.

GuyOfDoom

Recruiter

04-01-2010

Quote:
SofaKingAwsome:
I think you should also put them on sale using IP also. I think since it's 50% off using RP you guys should make it 25% off using IP, That way you can still get people to spend RP but for the people who have absolutely no RP, they can still buy it at a discount if they REALLY want it.

Currently this doesnt bother me seeing as i have both of these guys already, but just a thought.

Problem with IP sales is I believe they are looking to increase income, which IP does not provide.

threelite

04-01-2010

Quote:
Based on the popularity of the sale, we will be discounting other Champions in the future as well (let us know if you have suggestions).

Good job picking the 2 worst heroes in the game...

NoDebate

Recruiter

04-01-2010

Yesss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 i can finally buy janna! My dream come true!!!!

yummyramen

04-01-2010

real men earn champs with IP!
but buy skins to support RIOT

Adrian Wilk

04-01-2010

You wanted skins?

you have it:

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9261/wolfmansplash2.jpg

Peace Alien

Recruiter

04-01-2010

Lol Urf skin on warwick.