What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2010

Make it like blink dagger (2 sec out of combat requirement) increase the range, still a summoner spell.

Fallen 62

03-31-2010

I like #2 and #4, but #2 the best. #1 would just become a required item IMHO, giving you flash (I don't know how the daggers worked in DotA and didn't read the thread in its entirety, sorry) and another summoner skill spot. And #3 is pointless, because if you're chain CC'd and not a tank, you're usually dead after 1 or 2 if you're being focused (kinda the definition of chain CC IMO).

#2 Would be pretty cool, and if it stacked with Ghost would be nice (more speed and no collision). Stun would suck hard for initiators that used this though. #4 is something that should be done anyway. I don't see heal taken too much, but the team heal aspect of it is annoying :P

Angel

03-31-2010

Take it out of the game and take all the people working on fixing flash and have them work on random mode and draft mode.

Xixy

03-31-2010

And my point is proven. You complain about people running away and using Flash for defensive purposes, but you don't make any valid argument as to why that's a bad thing. Is it because it was meant for initiating a fight? Then you make it an initiating spell, you don't give it the option to be used defensively. You all complain for the sake of your kill/death ratios. Admit it.

Varnic

03-31-2010

If you remove flash, then you have to nerf the champions that have built in flash. Several champions will skyrocket is teirs, while others will drop like bricks.

I like the "Summoner Dash" idea.

Putting in a DoTA style blink dagger won't solve the problem, because most people will still probably get it. On top of that, anyone with a blink dagger will essentially have 3 summoner abilities, since one of the two slots that was originally taken by Flash was freed up.

Zeron

03-31-2010

Just for the sake of throwing out a couple of ideas and notes:

- Keep flash as it is, but make it require a target (friendly or not)
- Add a summoner spell that reduces damage taken from abilities by a percentage for 2 seconds (to help champions that have trouble being CC'd and bursted, an alternative to cleanse that works even for games that aren't CC heavy, and simulates the projectile-popping effect without being as frustrating to the caster)
- If the ghost/cleanse hybrid spell were put in, it would either have to replace ghost or ghost would need a buff

Not saying all (or any) of these should be done, just trying to facilitate some discussion.

Personally, I think a Blink Dagger item would work - champions who NEED flash can still get it at a cost, and if you're fighting several champions with flash-like abilities, you can opt to get the item to chase them.

EDIT:
Though I should point out I am a big fan of adding more variety to Summoner spells, not less.

ForestCrunk

03-31-2010

Keep it a summoner skill for initiation. Can't be be used for six or so seconds if targeted by enemy spell or damage.

Tervic

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpalm View Post
Make it like blink dagger, but keep it as a summoner spell.

Increase range, make it not cancel spells and such, reduce cd by a decent amount and make it so you cannot flash for 3 seconds after being in combat.

Makes it great for initiation and good for escaping ganks if you spot the gank early enough... but removes the "LOL WAY TO WASTE YOUR SPELLS *FLASH OVER A WALL*" factor of flash.
I could get behind this.

Detha

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeEtho View Post
It would be bought by Alistar and other initiators and overlooked by those that need a quick way to run. Pure win.
Alistar can totally afford a 2000 gold item every game that is necessary to play him decently, because, you know, he's such an amazing farmer? Oh, right...

simschi

03-31-2010

Maybe u should let flash like it is, but bann it for some Heroes like Annie and Fiddle.