What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ConeEtho

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruciferZ View Post
1. Blink Dagger would just be overlooked if its expensive.
It would be bought by Alistar and other initiators and overlooked by those that need a quick way to run. Pure win.

Quote:
2. You'd have to remove Ghost as well. Otherwise it'd just be the same ****.
A champion slowed with ghost activated is still slow. It is nowhere as useful to run as flash.

Quote:
3. Cleanse does not need buffs.
Cleanse does need buffs.

Quote:
4. Who honestly takes Heal?
Healing heavy teams, which are very common now that Exec Calling was nerfed.

Sedon

03-31-2010

Just make it uncastable within 3 or so seconds of taking damage. I will not accept any of these other changes.

Talamare

03-31-2010

Flashing thru walls is probably one of the biggest issues

characters that can do it escape far too easily, characters that cant are reliant on flash

this is a massive issue in TT as well

Also the fact that flash cancels projectiles is part of the reason its ******edly op

SoSalty

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupa View Post
I've read only the first page, but I remember reading this suggestion some where. Make it so if you're out of combat you flash instantly, and if you're in combat there's 1-2 second channeling (that can be interrupted with a stun) then it flashes you. This would be with the old cd 3 min cd and old range, but would definitely help making it still be used as a spell dodge/initiator and not so much a get out of fail free card.
That actually sounds like a great idea. Who keeps -1 everyone suggesting flash like blink dagger. It's annoying.

Mpalm

03-31-2010

Make it like blink dagger, but keep it as a summoner spell.

Increase range, make it not cancel spells and such, reduce cd by a decent amount and make it so you cannot flash for 3 seconds after being in combat.

Makes it great for initiation and good for escaping ganks if you spot the gank early enough... but removes the "LOL WAY TO WASTE YOUR SPELLS *FLASH OVER A WALL*" factor of flash.

ConeEtho

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
Dash - Increase your characters movement speed by 100% for 3 seconds, you are also immune to slows and have no collision
30% and immunity to slow is more than enough to close the gap. More than that and it will be exactly as bad as flash.

Glacios

03-31-2010

Do the blink dagger option, provided the item is prevented from being activated for 2-3 seconds after taking damage.

If the item still lets you flash whenever you want, I'd be willing to bet many people would start buying it anyways, price prohibitive or not. Then, people would generally start viewing it as just a necessary item that everyone has to get, like boots.

Rezialn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2010

When people escape from certain death using flash, I rage.

CruciferZ

03-31-2010

Stop trying to make Dash work...if you want to Dash take Ghost+Cleanse...and use it wisely.

No need to make another spell...that does the combo of both. If you made dash it'd be no different than flash -the spell nullifier. It'd still just be used as an escape mechanism as a get out of trouble free card.

Stop giving people ways to play stupid. Just remove it.

I'm down for even removing Ghost too.

Give people Cleanse and thats it. Then stop playing risky and learn to play smart.

SweetTooth

03-31-2010

If flash is removed then all flash like moves such as Deceive, arcane shift, and riftwalk need to be changed too. As is they pop incoming projectiles too.

I cannot tell you how much garbage it is for a shaco to get away with deceive after i have cast a spell that would kill him.