What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rydog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-07-2010

I could deal with it being changed to an offensive-only skill. Make it conditional, so that you cannot use Flash if you're suffering from a debuff or have been attacked within the last X seconds. It'll fix the "free escape" problem, and it still lets me Flash into people and eat them with Cho'Gath. :P

I like the idea of Cleanse providing partial CC immunity, too.

Clon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2010

cant you make flash works like dota's blink dagger?
(if someone hits you, you cant use the dagger for x seconds)

eZStreet

04-07-2010

Remove flash add blink dagger.

I want blink + ghost + exhaust please

Clon

Noctellia

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clon View Post
cant you make flash works like dota's blink dagger?
(if someone hits you, you cant use the dagger for x seconds)
You've never used flash when the enemy was ganking on you, then.

It already does that.

Zero47

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctellia View Post
It already does that.
Uhh no?

Hugenaught

04-07-2010

Summoner's Dash is too like Ghost.

1250 cost item for initiating isn't terribly different from a summoner's spell, its just a difference of free or not (I mean heals cover 1200+ gold of health potions as well).

The other problem I have with summoner's dash is that the speed buff isn't terribly large for slow movers (since it is a %), and the enemy can just use this to run away faster than you (or ghost) so you can't initiate anyway since instead of instant moving and surprising with a stun like Annie, they SEE you moving to them and run into range of their turret rendering it useless (I know what 45% speed buff feels like since TT has it, takes 2-3 seconds to catch up to a fast hero)

I never found anything wrong with flash personally. I guess there's the issue of what if I didn't pick it. Adding a blink dagger will fix this, but take away from a valuable item slot. Why not keep flash (or revamp it so it can only be used offensively) AND add a blink dagger?

JaGeD

04-07-2010

TL/DR Thread,

I think that Keeping flash would be nice BUT

Change flash to not negate some already cast.

Make cleanse negate already cast spells, Remove the 50% after effect buff.

I think it might make it so you have to use both your summoner skills up if you want to get out of a bad mistake. Personal i think its important to have a "Get out of gank free" card. Makes it so that 5 manning early mid game will have to be done skillfully to be beneficial along side with the newer champion exp changes.

Making the blink dagger a item i think will just add it to the quicksilver stash pile, nice, but with out other reasons to get it, there will always be money better spent.

Xine

Adjudicator

04-07-2010

The getting out of fail free card doesn't bother me as much as the huge increase to zone control that flash gives to certain champions. That is why I feel like keeping it in the game as an offensive spell is a mistake.

IE - Flash on Blitzcrank gives him massive zone control. It doesn't matter where you stand, unless you're at a tower early game you can be flashed into, and find a blitz with an arm cutting off your only escape route.

Flash takes already strong champions, and gives them enough of an increase in their zone control radius leaving weak champions, like most melee, denied of xp/gold.

It needs to go. I don't feel like any of the other suggestions are game breaking or changing so I'll just pass on commenting on them.

IS1611d82ca8b215

Adjudicator

04-10-2010

I demand some kind of replacement for initiation. Seriously, what fun is alistar without flash? Removing it would be incredibly dumb.