What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tervic

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman69 View Post
Just get rid of flash.

You should combine Ghost & Cleanse into a single summoner spell. Basically Cleanse would be the same as it is now but comes with the movement speed increase of Ghost.
But then you have a problem since the way it is now, cleanse/ghost takes up both summoner spell slots. Combining them into one means there's another slot open for stuff like ignite, teleport, whatever. Keep cleanse and Ghost separate.

I think flash is just fine the way it is. If it really pisses you off that much, take a hero with stuns/snares/slows, or just coordinate with your team. Or just rest easy in the knowledge that you made the opposing hero waste their flash, and therefore won't be bothering you for a few minutes while you push/farm/beat on their towers/gank them in the jungle.

rogerchew

Adjudicator

03-31-2010

seems redundant if there was a dash ability + ghost ability? unless ghost gets remade into dash? i am definitely leaning more toward adding that new summoner ability.

Nizari

03-31-2010

Definitely remove flash in it's current form... most of you're suggestions are pretty good backup solutions too.
Cleanse I think needs to have at least 1 second of immunity, half of the old 2 second. Too often I use it on say ashe's arrow... then immediately get hit by gold-card/crypt-gaze/warrick-ult etc.... even the % reduction doesn't help... maybe make you immune to snares while it's up so that perma snare's like ashe's arrow/liz buff/frozen mallet aren't re-applied so often that the "% duration reduction" effect may as well not even be there >.<

Meta

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliwayz View Post
however at no point in ghost can you instantly teleport across impassable terrain.
Anivia wall.

Pwnt.

XmasHamm

03-31-2010

I like adding blink dagger's functionality to the summoner spell. If champion has taken damage within 3 seconds, it cannot be cast. Obviously the specific time amount would have to be adjusted. This way flash is an escape skill only if you are not taking damage, and it still works for initiators.

I'm also cool with turning it into an item like blink dagger. Though I think it should have a lower cost (probably around 1500 or so) and still have the "cannot cast within 3 sec of damage" effect.

Be Calm Carry On

03-31-2010

The thing about blink champs and flash is that the blink champs can be balanced on their own merits. It's much easier to tune a single skill with energy, cooldown, particular restrictions, etc than it is a summoner spell that literally just has an effect and a cooldown and can be paired with any champ in the game. In my opinion, Flash should either be kept weak and a subpar choice or simply replaced with something that's not potentially gamebreaking.

The real problem is this: what's the solution to Flash? More Flash.

Crysknife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2010

I'm torn, here. I hate Flash, always have, but do recognize that it has its place. Fiddle and Minotaur, for instance, both use the spell in a strategic, fun way. On other heroes, though, it just feels like a cheap savior.

I suppose, if anything, I would vote for a Blink Dagger and the removal of Summoner Flash. In DotA, the dagger seemed to be more of a strategic item, and I feel that players wouldn't spend money on an item that just gave them flash functionality if it didn't synergize well with their character (like Fiddle or Minotaur).

I disapprove of Summoner Dash, simply because it seems to be stepping on Ghost's toes, and even Cleanse's. I'm all for another summoner spell, but if a Blink Dagger replaces Flash, I feel that there's a more unique spell you can add to the summoner repertoire.

And I also approve of the Cleanse buff - I often play with Cleanse, though (usually as tanky characters) and I'm not sure I'm qualified to give an unbiased opinion on this.

Talamare

03-31-2010

Dash - Increase your characters movement speed by 100% for 3 seconds, you are also immune to slows and have no collision

KeitMacheen

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post

1) Replace it with an item like DotA blink dagger, except with LoL flash functionality. Would be ~ 90 second cooldown, pretty expensive, not with many or any stats, etc.

2) Add a new summoner spell, "Summoner Dash" which for 3 seconds makes you immune to slows and increases your speed by 30-50%. We feel this may be necessary for some characters that depend on flash especially strongly to initiate, while still not being a 'get out of fail' card.
I like this Idea! BUT, I think a cool down should be added between the "Dash" ability and the "Blink Dagger" type ability. Otherwise the "get out of fail" situation would be aggrevated by the ability to "Dash" in and "Dagger" out. Nothing big, maybe 5 or 10 seconds.

Also, I like the Cleanse and Heal changes suggested. (Maybe since CC will be a bigger problem without Flash, bring back the short CC immunity on cleanse. Allow damage to go through, but remove the CCing effects, something like a 99% CC reduction for 1 second.)

LostSailor

03-31-2010

I agree that flash should be removed defensively, but not offensively. You shouldn't get a get out of jail free card that lets you escape from situations you've put yourself in. All this does it build a reliance on flash and you, as a player, don't learn to improve your decision making skill.

However, it is almost necessary for some melee champs to properly initiate. I suggest leaving flash, but adding a 3-4 second counter on it, where it will not work 3-4 seconds after you have been attacked. This will still allow melee's to initiate, and it should prevent most all but the most dedicated escape artists from 1-clicking their way out of situations they should normally die in.

In the end, I'm all for accountability in the choices you make. If death is the result of a bad gank or poor path through the forest, you shouldn't be able to get out of it.

If I my suggestion above isn't an option, then I would choose no flash at all.