What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpideR Oo

04-04-2010

Just get rid of it. all the extra stuff kill the fun.

AwkwardRobot

04-04-2010

what I don't understand is how it is allowable for certain champions (i.e. shaco, tristana, kass, etc) to have flash like abilities, leaving other champions itching their bum bums while their prey flies through a wall.... I'm not saying I like flash, I honestly hate having to put it as a summoner ability, but I feel it necessary in many cases. I would enjoy flash being taken out, but i would be very frustrated when other champions still have the ability to flash.

Chorus

04-04-2010

For people calling Rocket Jump/Leap Strike/Valkyrie/ect flashes:

These moves don't break projectiles, some of them are insanely short range, some are slow, and these all take up a spot where a spell could go. Would you trade your Q or every character for flash? Probably not.

QC Sniper

04-04-2010

The blink dagger idea on the current flash is a good idea keep it but prevent its use when damaged this will change the game a lot cause its cool when you can escape but that suck when you want to kill someone and pop he flash !!!

Cruisefix

04-05-2010

[x] Just get rid of it

Purutzil

04-05-2010

Flash that works moving towards a target you click (enemy champion) would be beast. I mean it could be used to escape in some situations but most the time it won't be able to. Flash can be used as an initiator and yet can't be used to escape as easily as it can now. Think of it like maybe Jax's old leap attack where it was limited to enemies.

ProfessorLX

04-05-2010

qq about flash more, its a good spell and very important for dps melee initiators. remove flash = make melee way tougher. its fine the way it is.

BusterGendo

04-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterGendo View Post
Redesign Flash so that you can only used it by targeting on a enemy. That way you can only Flash ofensively and not to cover up bad positioning.
Also, I remeber when I started playing this game I read an explanation why denying was removed from the game. It was mainly because it led to passive play that delayed the game. I would think Flash goes against that game philosophy by allowing a "get out of jail" freebie every 4 minutes or so. Get rid of it even before you come up with a concrete solution for it (like you did with promote).

Champs that have flash-like abilities have flash-like abilities: deal with it. If you were playing Ashe, would you prefer to have "Riftwalk" instead of "Crystal Arrow"?

pandamine

Adjudicator

04-05-2010

Crithica's stupidity has made me laugh so hard its not funny, he spews more rhetoric then a fascist government

In any case, as I have been saying for a year, flash is going to be needed to be fundamentally changed (i.e. not just range or CD nerfs). It was always going to be too strong or too weak

Making it offense only summoner spell + some other changes is a decent idea

Br0ckSams0n

04-05-2010

Flash is fine how it is now. Don't change it or take it away.