What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreamcleaver

04-04-2010

Add 1.5 seconds cooldown to the Flash Spell whenever champion takes damage and the spell is ready to cast. Should not stack. Sould not be triggered by dot.

HomelessKB

Recruiter

04-04-2010

Flash is a must have skill. I personally don't like to use any of the summoner skills except flash and ghost. Not having flash will result in a lot more people getting ticked because if their team has a feeder or people that dont call missing, you are at the mercy of the other team. Don't punish people who use their points and rely on flash to evade and set up attacks. If anything needs changed about LoL, it would have to be a more strict penalty for people leaving mid-game, and ryze is absolutely OP! Do something about that stuff before you try to deal with people that arent fans of flash. This seems like a non-issue to me, and I really hope you guys that are flash hating get your head out of your asses!

Diøs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomelessKB View Post
Flash is a must have skill. I personally don't like to use any of the summoner skills except flash and ghost. Not having flash will result in a lot more people getting ticked because if their team has a feeder or people that dont call missing, you are at the mercy of the other team. Don't punish people who use their points and rely on flash to evade and set up attacks. If anything needs changed about LoL, it would have to be a more strict penalty for people leaving mid-game, and ryze is absolutely OP! Do something about that stuff before you try to deal with people that arent fans of flash. This seems like a non-issue to me, and I really hope you guys that are flash hating get your head out of your asses!
They don't have flash in HoN and the game is still playable (They have a Blink dagger which cost 2150 gold :S)

But the idea of Dreamcleaver is very good!

Matthew21210

04-04-2010

I dunno. A lot of the "I don't like flash" never seems to have any real reasons, other than a bunch of L2P and "oh, it takes away skill" I run flash, to be honest, on nothing but a shaco, maybe a twitch, or another hero that has escape abilities with Semi-long Cooldowns. I rarely, however, see flash at my ELO, which I assume to be pretty low (Like, really low), and when I do see it, it's usually just the first time someone pops it, to escape an early gank by bailing out to a tower. I'm all for not having early game ganks, on both sides. As for initiation, I dunno. If a tank needs to initiate, it seems to me it ought to be a 1v1 or a teamfight, and something like cleanse, or rally or ghost would be better.
For shaco however. the flash nerf is already a big hurt. For a lot of squishy heroes it's not so much a "Get out of fail free" so much as "Sometimes my one and only means of escape from snare spamming, cc throwing jerkasses." Sure, a deceive on shaco can get you out of a snare lock, but you're only invisible for so long, and only so far away. that extra blink helps you get over a wall while jungle running, or over basewalls.
It seems like it adds more functionality than it "detracts"

EDIT:
Also, a "Blink dagger" Would suck. Either mandatory hotkeying, EVERY MATCH, or trying to figure out which slot it is in, then train yourself to hit that when you need/want to flash.
Plus, at even 3K gold, and little stat boost Movespeed maybe, or ATK speed would fit, the only people who would buy it would be characters who already benefit from flash, like shaco. having flash as an item would only exacerbate the "problems" inherent with the spell now, only on a shorter cooldown.

eSPee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2010

Maybe double the cooldown???

Kevinblaze

04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSPee View Post
Maybe double the cooldown???
I think we already learned from the previous version of flash everyone still takes it when the cd is 5 minutes .

Gilvado

04-04-2010

I haven't read through 53 pages of comments, so I don't know if anyone else has suggested this. Buff flash slightly, and make it take up both summoner spell slots. Then it'll be a tough decision instead of a complete no-brainer.

Traithan

04-04-2010

Honestly, flash wouldn't be such an amazing escape move if it didn't destroy projectiles. I'd say about 50% of my escapes are only sucessful because the slow or killing blow on its way is destroyed when I flash (or when they flash from me). Keep the cool down, remove the projectile destruction.

Or replace it with the summoner dash idea. I'd make Summoner dash have no unit collision like ghost as well though.

The Heal change will make heal more popular for some, but a lot less popular for people who take it for team battles (I see a lot of sorraka's take it). Also, with ignite being so rampant, it would do virtually nothing, since the focus target generally has an ignite.

Cleanse could use that buff regardless of what happens to flash. There is no real counter to an extremely heavy CC team with a fiddlesticks that destroys everyone while you are CC'd.

Yatze

04-04-2010

How about adding a spell that forces enemy players to stay within a certain range. Like a kind of chain effect where they could not enter the fog of war or 900 range...

Ben

The Council

04-04-2010

Remove it, add blink dagger, add black king bar.