What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duffie

04-03-2010

Please don't remove Flash. Personally, I prefer Ghost now after all the nerfs anyways. Please don't "Nerf" it. Make it viable and make it balanced. Jumping walls is a decent skill move and I love to see it. In my opinion, removing it is lowering the skill ceiling for a number of champions.

I honestly have no idea why the "Unusable till out of combat for X seconds" hasn't caught on. The perfect solution in my opinion. You could even change the talent point of it to either return it to normal or focus on the change.

trollunge

04-03-2010

not sure if someone said but....

Blink

aka a random long range emergancy teleport on huge cooldown(longer then any other spell cooldowns)

it's still a get out of fail free spell but prolly not as usable and bares a chance to teleport into a enemy turret hah.

the problem is without flash it's difficult to keep up with teleporters

atomhead

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2010

I think at the very least flash shouldn't be able to port you through a wall. That goes for champs who have flash-like abiliies.

Supernallaw

04-03-2010

Why not just make the summoner spell, itself, work like blink dagger? The summoner dash move sounds way too ridiculous because giving any character highlander would be absurd. I also don't like the idea of putting flash onto an item because that doesn't solve the problem of it being imba, it just makes people spend a bit of gold on it first (and also get it without it taking up a summoner spell slot).

I would vote for either getting rid of it entirely or making the spell, itself, function like blink dagger.

Thinscrispy

04-03-2010

Finally it gets the attention it deserves. And those new ideas are pretty good, makes people really comit to getting flash.

googlemaster

04-03-2010

how about make it so flash can't be used if combat has been initiated for 1 second? after you've been out of battle for 1 second you can use flash. this way it stays the same but its no longer a "get out of fail" as it is a spell used to move and position.

Yugthrad

04-03-2010

Flash isn't the get out of fail ability it once was, but it is still a very strong ability.
I think that flash has some of the strongest effects when combined with characters who have built in flash mechanics such as Ezreal, Kassadin, and Shaco. I wouldn't mind seeing something changed about it, but I guess it isn't nearly as horrific as when it was 1000 yards, and short cooldown.

I8C SRS FACE

04-03-2010

I hope this gets read under all the mounds of replies in this thread:

Perhaps replace it with a Summoner Dash spell. Instead of being an instant teleport, it'd work like Tryndamere's Spinning Slash, Shen's Taunt or Gragas' Body Slam. You would move rapidly in a direction and it could be used to scale walls or go through trees. It wouldn't get you out of nearly as many situations as Flash does because you could still be slowed. It still works extremely well as an offensive maneuver and to an extent a defensive one, but it would have weaknesses compared to Ghost or Cleanse.

xethik

04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltenspieler View Post
Im not sure if Riot is still reading this, but going to add something too.

1. Meele champs wont be UP if you remove flash and most have something to compensate. Said Tryn, Yi, Warw all have a jump/fast move, so do Shen, Jax, Gragas, Kat, Kas...

Alistair has none, right. Why not? Aoe stun, single target knockback, group heal, mass amount of health. Guess why he doesnt just charge and run in like Malph.

2. Blink champs wont be OP after removal. Most of them are squishy and it compensates for the lack of something else. Shaco, Kass and Ez got no stun. Slow and silence wont help against Ash chasing you around e.g.

What has to be taken care of are those who arent squishy and can still blink through walls. Shen and Gragas e.g. are tanks, they shouldnt have an escaping tool that powerful.

TL;DR:
meele champs have initiation already, those who dont have other things
blink champs are squishy, those who arent shouldnt be allowed to pass through walls

=> remove flash and balance a bit
I just think that in the current state of the game, most melee damage champions are already underpowered. The ones that seem to shine are the ones that are or can be played as tanks. But maybe that is something I see mistakenly.

Seltenspieler

04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xethik View Post
I just think that in the current state of the game, most melee damage champions are already underpowered. The ones that seem to shine are the ones that are or can be played as tanks. But maybe that is something I see mistakenly.
Thats true. Flash being discussed as initiator/insta-escape overlaps with meele having a hard time in general. But being able to flash out of a combat just saves you every few minutes, it doesnt help you play your champ in a way he is able to stand in fights and do what he is supposed to.

Thats why i vote for deleting it and balancing the champs slightly afterwards. Shaco, Kassadin and alike will gain some strenght when their ability to flash in isnt just countered by another flash away from them and a squishy caster wont escape as easy as he does atm if he hasnt built-in escape when you e.g. dash towards him with Gragas and proc some slow on him.

I think i forgot to make a point. Ill edit if i notice the flaw. ^^