What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peach Plum Pair

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praedoran View Post
/agree

But for a different reason, as I believe a lot of Champions lack "Escape" powers on purpose in their design and playstyle. Thus, many of the more powerful champions without escape methods can become completely imbalanced when the opposing player has finally cornered him.

For example, Ryze. He's got a short stun and all burst. You counter by itemizing to survive his burst and then destroy him. He's got no escape methods... but then Flash! He's on the other side of the wall, charging up his laser again.
If you have Flash you can just chase him down >.>

Endless cycle: use Flash first and you lose it.

Alphacide

04-03-2010

----------------------------------------------------------
ADD RESOURCE COST TO FLASH -
65% OF YOUR REMAINING RESOURCES(Mana, energy ect)

Fluffington

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphacide View Post
ADD RESOURCE COST TO FLASH -
65% OF YOUR REMAINING RESOURCES(Mana, energy ect)
That makes it even more of a one dimensional run-away button.

immp

04-03-2010

i like the idea of the item.cleanse and dash will simply become the new must use sss and anyone who does not use them will be insulted.

heal:
i only use heal to help teammates,otherwise i would use something more useful.
the change would reduce the amount of possible teamwork game has to offer.hated the ss-heal-debuff since day1 as heal has a gigantic cd,debuff lasts way too long.

Wafer

04-03-2010

Its useful for many peoples moves. like fiddles ult, or trists push back and many many others, it also gives u the chance to come into an area through a wall, be it to join a gank or run away.

do not remove pls.

Rezon

04-03-2010

Blink dagger all the way!

Krosan

04-03-2010

Here's a suggestion. Dunno how effective it would be.

Take away the ability to pop incoming projectiles (major defensive use, particularly against champs with targeted nukes like Veigar). Then you could either make it impossible to flash through walls (since if someone flashes through a wall, they're pretty much gone unless you have flash yourself), set up certain specific walls to be unflashable (perhaps even have those block other blink skills, like Deceive and Arcane Shift; one wall that I'd include in this is the walls around the bases) or... well, I'm out of ideas there.

With regards to the abovementioned "unflashable walls", I think that's something that could greatly improve Twisted Treeline. As it is now, two things seem to be severely overemphasized; tank teams are unstoppable once they get going, and anyone with any kind of blink skill receives an enormous mobility advantage, even more so than they do on SR.

Kjee

04-03-2010

The main problem I see with flash is that it can be both defensive and offensive. You could change it so that it works by jumping to a target instead, but specifically only an enemy or a friend. This would make it either offensive or defensive; not both.

Devil May LOL

04-03-2010

The facts that 90% of this community use flash in every single game means flash is OP, bad by design and LOL lacks of alternatives for SS.
So remove flash and give us more alternatives.

Seltenspieler

04-03-2010

Im not sure if Riot is still reading this, but going to add something too.

1. Meele champs wont be UP if you remove flash and most have something to compensate. Said Tryn, Yi, Warw all have a jump/fast move, so do Shen, Jax, Gragas, Kat, Kas...

Alistair has none, right. Why not? Aoe stun, single target knockback, group heal, mass amount of health. Guess why he doesnt just charge and run in like Malph.

2. Blink champs wont be OP after removal. Most of them are squishy and it compensates for the lack of something else. Shaco, Kass and Ez got no stun. Slow and silence wont help against Ash chasing you around e.g.

What has to be taken care of are those who arent squishy and can still blink through walls. Shen and Gragas e.g. are tanks, they shouldnt have an escaping tool that powerful.

TL;DR:
meele champs have initiation already, those who dont have other things
blink champs are squishy, those who arent shouldnt be allowed to pass through walls

=> remove flash and balance a bit