What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackRabbits

03-31-2010

Holy derailment...

Back on track: I love both the idea of buffing cleanse slightly and adding summoner dash.

Flash in its current form steals some of the flavor from champs with built in flash mechanics, and is so widely effective as to be rather boring (it's good on ALL champs).

Krath4

03-31-2010

Do what a Riot dev said to me a while ago.

Remove the teleport aspect, keep the 'remove spells flying towards you' aspect, lower the cooldown.

Melky

03-31-2010

Well, I think it'd be better to put something like "cannot use within 5 seconds of receiving or giving damage".

Summoner Dash sounds okay though.

AmyOverlord

03-31-2010

^That's what the dagger is.

You can't use it within 3 seconds of receiving damage. Doing damage, no. Then it becomes useless.

Attero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2010

I'm a fan of keeping flash in the game as a summoner spell, with a blink dagger-esque effect.

I feel that 3+ seconds of no damage taken would be a good amount of time.

It has been clearly stated that flash's initial intended purpose was initiation, so make it better for that purpose. If people continue to use it to escape just begin raising the time you must go without being hit. (Also, either A: Buff the hell out of the range, or B: Buff both range and lower cooldown)

EDIT:

On the topic of cleanse:
Cleanse is already a good spell by itself. Buffing it further will turn it into the new flash, no question. We don't want to replace one must have spell for another.

On the topic of a blink item:
I don't think that will fit well into the LoL metagame. In DotA skills do not scale with items, so you don't need to worry about buffing them. This is why you can simply buy a blink dagger and still put out good amounts of damage. If you have to buy an item here it will cost you in either general survivability or damage output, to the point where you wouldn't be useful.

On the topic of 'dash':
I think this is a cool idea, but I don't think it should be the same thing as flash.

If flash's range was buffed back up it would make a great initiation skill again, as it was meant to be. As it stands the range is so short you really can't initiate as well as you should be able to.

If you want to make flash a blatantly non-escape spell, make the duration you have to go without taking damage higher, such as 5+ seconds, then add 'dash' as the escaping equivalent.

More summoner spells that serve a different purpose is good.

Leboniz

03-31-2010

if flash is taken out then i see malphite going up as a tank if only because of his ult

Dreampod

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crithica View Post
Except I'm not claiming my opinions to be fact. You are making assumptions. What I'm claiming is that their very apparent ad hominems and fallacies have no place in an argument. That is a fact.
You have dismissed all arguments that disagree with you as fallacious or false and either ignored any counterpoints regarding your own arguments or claiming they are 'ad hominem' attacks (an ad hominem attack itself). In all ways you behave as if your opinions are fact, though you are correct that you have not stated so outright.

Your constant claims of ad hominem and fallacy are an avoidance of discussing the issue on its actual merits. While I agree that generally they are not useful for a discussion, it is a natural response to the trollish behaviour and arrogant dismissal of others that you engage in. Raise the bar of the conversation and perhaps they will join you there, but if you continue to behave in the manner you are at the moment the discussion will continue to be a cesspool of 'I'm right and you are wrong'.

Tervic

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melky View Post
Well, I think it'd be better to put something like "cannot use within 5 seconds of receiving or giving damage".

Summoner Dash sounds okay though.
Dash sounds like a ghost clone to me. I don't think it's necessary (unless of course Dash doesn't ignore pathing the way ghost does.) But then you open up the problem of ghost/dash combos unless something was put in place to prevent this from happening.

Final Boss

Adjudicator

03-31-2010

Why not base flash off of combat like the speed boots? (not sure if this has been posted there's 11 pages.) But if you are in combat, you cannot use flash, and have to be out of it for 5-10 seconds before you can flash.

Still exactly as good for getting in with nunu etc etc, you can't get out with it.

liezryou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-31-2010

Why not just make it unusable in combat?