What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aicasia

Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detha View Post
Lol? Your comparisons are ******ed, and actually only support my side of the argument. When you trap a squirrel in a box, to, lets say, feed you, you outplayed the squirrel and got him in a box so you can kill him. Does the squirrel teleport out? No, because that's not how real life works. If the squirrel can walk out of the box and get away, he outplayed you. You know, because that's how it works, when you trap a player and get him off-guard without his team there so you can easily kill him. If he can get his way out (like the squirrel can get out of the box) he deserves to live as he survived your trap. He does not, however, deserve to make up for his own lack of skill by a summoner skill.

Would you also like to make a Summoner Skill that instantly warps you to your fountain with a 5 minute cooldown? Because that's what you're hinting at. I'll reformat your argument so it reveals its true ******edness that you so attempt to hide:
Just because you earn a kill does not mean you should get a kill; people should be able to make up for their stupid mistakes once every 4 minutes using a cheap teleport skill to escape that was implemented for use with initiating, instead of escaping.

Honestly, it'd be hard for me to think of arguments that are as ******ed as yours if I tried.

This is true, it can be used for escaping. This is a design flaw, however, as the skill was intended for use with initiating but it could be used for something it wasn't intended to be used for. That's the key words here: It wasn't intended to be used for escaping. That's a design flaw right there. Lets look up the meaning of the word "Flaw" here, as you obviously don't know what that is.


What is that? Imperfection in the way something is made? Wow, sounds like Flash, mainly used for escaping while it was intended for use with initiating. Sorry mate, but you really should learn what words mean before you use them.
How does my squirrel argument help you in any way? Flash doesn't offer a free escape, it offers a chance for escape. Lifting the box offers a chance for escape. It's up to me, the trapper, to prevent that escape. Stop with your hideous fallacies and crude arguments, you're giving me a headache.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ibplunderin

Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crithica View Post
You're wrong. If they weren't meant to escape the gank, they'd be dead. What you don't seem to understand is that if you had better planned your gank to accommodate Flash, you wouldn't have lost a kill. You blame Flash for the escape, but what's really happening is you failing to plan properly. If your target doesn't die, you didn't execute your gank well enough. Try again later and plan for Flash. People like you who make assumptions and use fallacies to prove your points are worse than scum.
You are so insanely stupid. I am saying that I USE FLASH TO LOLESCAPE FROM GANKS. I dont' play heroes that need flash to initiate with, so I use it because it is OP and can let me hardly ever die.

I am not talking about how others can escape my ganks, with twitch poison will usually finish them off, or with heimer who cares, I am just there to destroy turrets anyways. I dont' care about using flash to gank. I use flash and keep my deaths usually at around 1-2 deaths a game as heimer.

Maybe you should stop making assumptions and actually read what I put. It doesn't matter if the enemy has flash also, because what are they going to do, flash into the turret and try to kill me? Sure maybe if their whole team was there that might work.

Flash is too easy to escape from everything. And it wouldn't be if it had the blink dagger mechanic. THIS is coming from someone who uses flash just to escape from ganks where I should have been dead, just because I walked into a bush like an idiot and flashed over a wall at less than half health, where I should have died.

It isn't the incompetence of the players, it is that flash is overpowered.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aicasia

Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibplunderin View Post
You are so insanely stupid. I am saying that I USE FLASH TO LOLESCAPE FROM GANKS. I dont' play heroes that need flash to initiate with, so I use it because it is OP and can let me hardly ever die.

I am not talking about how others can escape my ganks, with twitch poison will usually finish them off, or with heimer who cares, I am just there to destroy turrets anyways. I dont' care about using flash to gank. I use flash and keep my deaths usually at around 1-2 deaths a game as heimer.

Maybe you should stop making assumptions and actually read what I put. It doesn't matter if the enemy has flash also, because what are they going to do, flash into the turret and try to kill me? Sure maybe if their whole team was there that might work.

Flash is too easy to escape from everything. And it wouldn't be if it had the blink dagger mechanic. THIS is coming from someone who uses flash just to escape from ganks where I should have been dead, just because I walked into a bush like an idiot and flashed over a wall at less than half health, where I should have died.

It isn't the incompetence of the players, it is that flash is overpowered.
Then Flash isn't saving you. With what the range of Flash has been reduced to, it only offers a chance for escape. If the enemy can't kill you, you weren't going to die unless you stood around with your thumb up your ass. Again, fallacies. They don't help you. I use Veigar's stun to get a fair bit ahead of the enemies chasing me. Does that make Event Horizon over powered? Sure, it doesn't let me go through walls, but it lets me escape ganks I shouldn't have escaped. Obviously Event Horizon needs to be nerfed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dogmaster

Senior Member

03-31-2010

As much as I hate my well planned gank,etc to fail because of flash, I think home heroes really need it.
Take my main, Nunu. I have 60% win with him, but have stopped playing him recently because of the constant and aggresive flash nerfs.
With him, positioning is everything to land his ult, and to make him actually useful beyond the laning phase. Without flash I cant currently see how I would land a decent ult.

On the same subject, flash's mobility could be perhaps moved to a movement only ability (No inc projectile evasion) and remake flash as a low cd ability that 'blinks' you in place but pops incoming projectiles. (more skill/combat and not escaping oriented).

Not sure how that helps in the nunu case, but it sounds as a neat idea.
(Maybe you could add a flash effect to nunu as you have with fiddle, but that flashes before starting to channel, that way if you use it as an escape method, at least you waste your ult. Come on, show the yeti some love)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ibplunderin

Member

03-31-2010

True, flash isn't as easy to escape now that they have taken down the cooldown or length almost every patch.

However it still does let me escape from plenty of ganks, but obviously you were there so it wasn't flash that was saving me. I somehow flashed over that wall, or into a bush, or into my turret out of pure skill. It couldn't be the flash that did it and saved me from dying.

You are just so intelligent.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asvhald

Senior Member

03-31-2010

I think that making Heal a better self-heal is probably the best option. We have Rally for sort-of team healing, and that heal could maybe replace Flash for those squishies without true escape mechs.

Oh, and that idea of the blink-in-place looks good.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aicasia

Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibplunderin View Post
True, flash isn't as easy to escape now that they have taken down the cooldown or length almost every patch.

However it still does let me escape from plenty of ganks, but obviously you were there so it wasn't flash that was saving me. I somehow flashed over that wall, or into a bush, or into my turret out of pure skill. It couldn't be the flash that did it and saved me from dying.

You are just so intelligent.
Again, Flash didn't save you by itself. It gave you the chance for survival, and you took it. Cause and Effect.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Detha

Senior Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crithica View Post
How does my squirrel argument help you in any way? Flash doesn't offer a free escape, it offers a chance for escape. Lifting the box offers a chance for escape. It's up to me, the trapper, to prevent that escape. Stop with your hideous fallacies and crude arguments, you're giving me a headache.
Ok, fine, let me reformat what everyone here wants in a simple structure that even a ****** like you can grasp.


Problems:
1. Flash is too strong for use in escaping and it is too easy to make up for obvious mistakes by using Flash.
2. The use of Flash is not counterable unless you run a team with loads of stuns/silences that can keep a single target controlled for the duration of the kill; and even then you will have to use this entire rotation on every single champion in their team to prevent a certain escape.

Solutions:
1. Remove Flash; as it dumbs down the game and reduces the skill requirement (which is obviously good for people like you; honestly, how did you get 130 wins at level 30? How many losses do you have? 200~+? You're most likely horrible, sorry)
2. Make it harder to use Flash properly and make it counterable without running a team filled with crowd control mechanics.

Understand now? Now, please provide a decent argument other than the following you have now submitted:
1. Just because you earn a kill does not mean you should get a kill; people should be able to make up for their stupid mistakes once every 4 minutes using a cheap teleport skill to escape that was implemented for use with initiating, instead of escaping.
2. You guys are so selfish, all you want is to make the game more fun to play and give it a higher skill requirement. How will people with Down Syndrome, like me, play the game without Flash to make up for our ******ed positioning and getting caught in ganks constantly?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Contriving StyLe

The Council

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crithica View Post
Again, Flash didn't save you by itself. It gave you the chance for survival, and you took it. Cause and Effect.
Quote of the day?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BuckBanzai

Senior Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0CUST View Post
Quote of the day?
I thought you left us?

Welcome back!