What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xixy

Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibplunderin View Post
You should have read what I edited in.

I play mostly twitch, anivia, and Heimer......

Yeah, I can totally flash in and get easy kills with those heroes. Your an idiot. The reason I want it changed is because it is OP for escaping ganks you shouldn't have been able to. Which the blink dagger mechanic will fix.

If I mained annie, fiddle, and alistar then yeah I could understand why you think I would want to use it to get easier kills.

If you all gather around and the enemy is out of position and you get a stun off, yes you should be entitled to that kill, It shouldnt' be taken away because o hey look, I have a instant dash back to my turret. If you mess up and dont' have enough damage/cc to kill them before they get away thats fine, however flash is a get out of jail free card.

By the sounds of it you just want to keep your get out of jail free card because you would die too often without that crutch. I for one wish that we didn't have that crutch to use anymore, and I should know I have escaped so many ganks with it, far more than I have done the ganking with as you can tell with my most played heroes.

Unless you think a flashing heimer is just used for free kills.
You're wrong. If they weren't meant to escape the gank, they'd be dead. What you don't seem to understand is that if you had better planned your gank to accommodate Flash, you wouldn't have lost a kill. You blame Flash for the escape, but what's really happening is you failing to plan properly. If your target doesn't die, you didn't execute your gank well enough. Try again later and plan for Flash. People like you who make assumptions and use fallacies to prove your points are worse than scum.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BuckBanzai

Senior Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
people already do complain about most of them
Right - I always want to complain about whatever it was that I can't figure out how to counter.

But that's the game - that's the reason for all of the different heroes, spells, items, masteries, runes - I've got to think.

Take out flash and I have to think less. Leave it in and I have to think more.

There are 48 heroes and 100+ items.

There should be more of each, and more spells.

Again - I don't use Flash and I'm glad the range was reduced. The right thing to do seems to be to leave it in and/or add the flash capability to a tank/melee fighter item. For example, Flashmail - takes a negatron cloak, a giant's belt and a couple daggers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SheenDinner

Senior Member

03-31-2010

OMG, why take out flash? Its one of the only skill related summoners spells...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phenie

Senior Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crithica View Post
Nothing is wrong with Flash. People ***** and moan because they fail to gank or kill someone with Flash. So they got away, oh no. Either do better, or learn to trap them properly. People just complain for the sake of fitting in. They complain about it because they see other people complaining about it. There is nothing wrong with a move that can be used both offensively and defensively depending on your situation. And don't even try to pull that "it rewards people for being bad" ****. It doesn't, it punishes you for not being good enough to kill them, but you're so full of yourselves that you can't accept that.
Smart fellow. Seriously guys, you get that pissed off if you miss a kill to flash? How about all the champs with build in flash? Nerfing it just makes them all way better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Detha

Senior Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
And like I said to the other guy, you think you're entitled to that kill. You aren't. I've successfully trapped squirrels, raccoons, and various other small animals. Does that mean they aren't allowed to escape? No, it doesn't. You're self-centered in your belief that trapping something successfully means it can't escape.
Lol? Your comparisons are ******ed, and actually only support my side of the argument. When you trap a squirrel in a box, to, lets say, feed you, you outplayed the squirrel and got him in a box so you can kill him. Does the squirrel teleport out? No, because that's not how real life works. If the squirrel can walk out of the box and get away, he outplayed you. You know, because that's how it works, when you trap a player and get him off-guard without his team there so you can easily kill him. If he can get his way out (like the squirrel can get out of the box) he deserves to live as he survived your trap. He does not, however, deserve to make up for his own lack of skill by a summoner skill.

Would you also like to make a Summoner Skill that instantly warps you to your fountain with a 5 minute cooldown? Because that's what you're hinting at. I'll reformat your argument so it reveals its true ******edness that you so attempt to hide:
Just because you earn a kill does not mean you should get a kill; people should be able to make up for their stupid mistakes once every 4 minutes using a cheap teleport skill to escape that was implemented for use with initiating, instead of escaping.

Honestly, it'd be hard for me to think of arguments that are as ******ed as yours if I tried.

Quote:
Whether or not Flash was intended for initiating, it was given the ability for escaping. It's not a design flaw, it's how it works.
This is true, it can be used for escaping. This is a design flaw, however, as the skill was intended for use with initiating but it could be used for something it wasn't intended to be used for. That's the key words here: It wasn't intended to be used for escaping. That's a design flaw right there. Lets look up the meaning of the word "Flaw" here, as you obviously don't know what that is.

Quote:
Design:
1. organization or structure of formal elements in a work of art; composition.
Flaw:
1. a feature that mars the perfection of something; defect; fault: beauty without flaw; the flaws in our plan.
What is that? Imperfection in the way something is made? Wow, sounds like Flash, mainly used for escaping while it was intended for use with initiating. Sorry mate, but you really should learn what words mean before you use them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tervic

Junior Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINO Mk II View Post
Make it like your B: Give it a channel time between 0.5 and 1 second, and make it cancel on recieving damage. Increasing its range a bit wouldn't be a bad call either.

Reasoning: This gives tanks a way to initiate by channeling for a sec in a team stand off, but it prevents someone who is being chased and autoattacked from escaping. It also lets you escape ganks if you can see them far enough in advance.
This actually sounds **** nice. It's still fast enough that it can be used for initiate and even escape, but if you're truly in a bad position, you're still dead.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xixy

Member

03-31-2010

Oh, and keep down voting me. It shows how narrow minded and selfish you people are. My cynicism justifies itself with every passing day.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SweetTooth

Senior Member

03-31-2010

As i have already said, if flash were to be removed/changed then several other champion abilities MUST be changed too. One thing people seem to hate is that flash pops projectiles. Well so does rift walk. deceive, and arcane shift.

That being said if flash were to be changed i would add a delay of something like 1 second after being attacked to be able to be used. 2 and 3 seconds is just such a long time and keeping the escape mechanic of flash should be preserved but lessened to a greater degree.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BuckBanzai

Senior Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibplunderin View Post

If you all gather around and the enemy is out of position and you get a stun off, yes you should be entitled to that kill, It shouldnt' be taken away because o hey look, I have a instant dash back to my turret. If you mess up and dont' have enough damage/cc to kill them before they get away thats fine, however flash is a get out of jail free card.
But that's the point - players with flash know they have flash and can flash back to get out of trouble. If you remove flash, then they'll play more defensively. In fact, with flash, players get themselves into more trouble if flash is relatable to seatbelts and airbags (studies show that with more safety devices, people act more recklessly).

You have to assume the player who took flash has it up and can get out of there. Just like you have to assume that freakin' anivia will have to be killed twice no matter what.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hatsoz

Senior Member

03-31-2010

I don't really see the problem with Flash other than it's cooldown is way too long, so I started using cleanse. Sure, it's potentially an escape ability OR an offensive ability (Alistar Pulverize, etc.), but it's not always enough to avoid getting killed.

There's also plenty of character abilities that basically act as a Flash as well. Are we removing those too? If Flash really "hurts the game" we should, right?

Revive adds nothing to the game, since no one uses it. Let's talk about that.