What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talamare

Senior Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSalty View Post
I guarantee right now, if Flash is removed, many people will be complaining about blink champions and how they get away from death. That's why the change to blink dagger summoner spell seems like a good idea.
people already do complain about most of them


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xixy

Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
people already do complain about most of them
Because people are greedy. I've been over this. It's not that they can escape death, it's that you let them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malduk

Senior Member

03-31-2010

My vote goes to "something else".

Make it like Blink Dagger, but not an item, just summoner spell that works the same way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sedon

Senior Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crithica View Post
Because people are greedy. I've been over this. It's not that they can escape death, it's that you let them.
I think you're missing the point dude. We escape deaths with it too, yet we still want the change.

Just...stop.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ibplunderin

Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crithica View Post
That's exactly why. Whether or not Flash was intended for initiating, it was given the ability for escaping. It's not a design flaw, it's how it works. You're sad and pathetic because you think you're entitled to a free kill just because you got together for a gank. That's not the case. You aren't entitled to anything, but you think you are. That's why you're complaining. Flash can and will be used for initiating when necessary, but that doesn't mean it can't also be used for escaping just because it robs your ego of a pat on the back.
You should have read what I edited in.

I play mostly twitch, anivia, and Heimer......

Yeah, I can totally flash in and get easy kills with those heroes. Your an idiot. The reason I want it changed is because it is OP for escaping ganks you shouldn't have been able to. Which the blink dagger mechanic will fix.

If I mained annie, fiddle, and alistar then yeah I could understand why you think I would want to use it to get easier kills.

If you all gather around and the enemy is out of position and you get a stun off, yes you should be entitled to that kill, It shouldnt' be taken away because o hey look, I have a instant dash back to my turret. If you mess up and dont' have enough damage/cc to kill them before they get away thats fine, however flash is a get out of jail free card.

By the sounds of it you just want to keep your get out of jail free card because you would die too often without that crutch. I for one wish that we didn't have that crutch to use anymore, and I should know I have escaped so many ganks with it, far more than I have done the ganking with as you can tell with my most played heroes.

Unless you think a flashing heimer is just used for free kills.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RHINO Mk II

Senior Member

03-31-2010

Make it like your B: Give it a channel time between 0.5 and 1 second, and make it cancel on recieving damage. Increasing its range a bit wouldn't be a bad call either.

Reasoning: This gives tanks a way to initiate by channeling for a sec in a team stand off, but it prevents someone who is being chased and autoattacked from escaping. It also lets you escape ganks if you can see them far enough in advance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tervic

Junior Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckBanzai View Post
I don't like flash and I'm certainly glad the range has been reduced, but it's as game changing as most of the other abilities. Tower going down? Fortify or Teleport to the tower. It's just as maddening at level 1 or 2 to beat an enemy down to 10 hp and they pop heal, or rally, or ignite, or ghost, or teleport, or a potion, or get an Alistar or Soraka to heal them. To remove flash because of me and players like me isn't fair to those that like it.

As an Ashe player, I really can't stand cleanse or Sivir's shield. When I play teemo, I can't stand vision wards or oracles. Flash is a counter to stuns, etc. Yes, people use it to tower dive, but that's what melee champs have to do. Ranged champs can just run in a bit and do the damage. I hate being tower dived, but I love harassing the poor tower hugging enemy.

The problem is that there's no item that you can buy that does the same thing. So if you don't take it and find out you should have, you're out of luck.

So, even though I don't like flash, I'd keep it in the game and ALSO have an item that replicates the ability - either low price/long cooldown or high price/short cooldown.

There are more than 48 champs - I'd argue that you need more spells that counter/amplify the abilities and make people try new combinations. By keeping flash, you add one more thing I have to think about.
Thumbs up. You put my thoughts out more coherently than I ever could have. However, I still disagree with the item. At least if it's a summoner skill only, people think twice about if they really want to use flash or if something else might do the job better. Also, can you say doubleflash? Dagger chained with summoner flash would get kind of disgusting.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Z00M3RR

Senior Member

03-31-2010

Remove Flash, and make every champion that doesn't have a way to jump over walls virtually worthless on TT

On the other hand, every guy who doesn't need flash is running exhaust/ignite allready, it's going to be annoying that we'll see a lot more of this (again, especially on TT).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-31-2010

Making it an item would be great, the Summoner's Dash would be a great substitute. However the Cleanse and Heal changes seem not so great.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TakeANapHoller

Junior Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crithica View Post
You don't seem to understand that, whatever Riot's intentions for Flash may have been, it was created with the option for defensive use. You're complaining because you can't effectively and constantly counter it's defensive side. You want free kills. You are bad.

I completely agree with crithica, i might not be the best player, but buffing cleanse? thats is just stupid its already really good, and making another ability like ghost? that IMO is also stupid, and making it have to take up an item spot as well, you guys are just making excuses so you can get 1 ****in kill get over it if its used defensively sucks for you, i do use flash but i use it way more offensively then i do defensively, but i still use it defensively, who the **** wouldnt if they have it??????


I vote for leave it as is COMON riot this game is based off dota that doesnt mean it has to BE dota just leave it as is and let these *****es QQ about it all they want, id be pretty mad to see a perfecctly fine ability get nerfed even more, or completely thrown away.

and all you allistars? stop ****in complaining as well your the most broken tank in the game **** off