What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yiiroy Jenkins

03-31-2010

3 seconds cooldown after being hit. give it a little more range (500 to 600). DON'T do it as an item, otherwise it will be necessary on every tank to initiate and on melee champs. (alternatively, add it as a 3rd tier item for boots...ie pay 1000g to add flash on your boots)

also, make banshees activate to block with a 40 second cool down (24 second cooldown with max cd reduction).

Jerrett

03-31-2010

Make Flash a 5 minute cooldown or something like that with a 2 minute reduction for a kill and 1 minute reduction for an assist within 10 seconds of using Flash with a maximum amount that it can be reduced so that the min. amount is similar to what flash currently is.

At present Flash is a great way for MANY characters to initiate and get into position for offensive action. If you make it so that you reward its use for offensive action it will still be good, but if you allow for it to also be used defensively then they can sit through the long delay for it.

Xixy

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detha View Post
Free kills? Do you have downs or something? Wow.

When my team succesfully traps an enemy player, or succesfully catches them off-guard or in a bad position, we outplayed him. He positioned himself badly, and we use that to our advantage to kill him. This player, however, uses the summoner skill "Flash" to make up for his own mistakes that should have killed him.

So, I'm voting for removing/changing skill that dumbs down gameplay by fixing positioning mistakes, in a game that is all about proper positioning. I'm voting to remove the skill that makes the game easier. You are voting to keep it the way it is (thus keeping the game easier). Sorry, but you're the one that is bad.
And like I said to the other guy, you think you're entitled to that kill. You aren't. I've successfully trapped squirrels, raccoons, and various other small animals. Does that mean they aren't allowed to escape? No, it doesn't. You're self-centered in your belief that trapping something successfully means it can't escape.

Kruxx

03-31-2010

Flash is just too powerful of an escape mechanism. Not all champs should have access to that. Between Ghost and Cleanse, you pretty much already have the reasonable escape mechanisms covered. With the new Zhonya's Ring, how much more do you really need?

I vote for just remove it.

LordZero

03-31-2010

I think flash should be removed as it was not meant to be an uber escape move but an initiation move. As far replacements go, I like all of them but I like number 3 the best as late game AoE CC stacking is a pretty big problem as it is even with flash. Having that said, I feel as if 1 or 2 would need to be implemented as well to deal with the initiation problem.

BuckBanzai

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detha View Post
Free kills? Do you have downs or something? Wow.

When my team succesfully traps an enemy player, or succesfully catches them off-guard or in a bad position, we outplayed him. He positioned himself badly, and we use that to our advantage to kill him. This player, however, uses the summoner skill "Flash" to make up for his own mistakes that should have killed him.

So, I'm voting for removing/changing skill that dumbs down gameplay by fixing positioning mistakes, in a game that is all about proper positioning. I'm voting to remove the skill that makes the game easier. You are voting to keep it the way it is (thus keeping the game easier). Sorry, but you're the one that is bad.
Sorry but that's not a good argument.

People who use flash don't worry so much about being in a bad position, because the number of bad positions is much fewer.

You could make that argument with Teleport - if I leave the tower I'm defending to shop, why on earth should I be able to teleport back there when an enemy attacks it? I've not played smartly - I'm depending on Teleport to make up for my lack of defensive awareness. The same for bluepilling at all - I should be forced to walk back to my base (if we're really honest about positioning mistakes and tactics). In fact, the whole revive from the dead idea is in the same ilk - when I die I should stay dead.

Coming back to life is OP.

Sedon

03-31-2010

So it seems everyone agrees but crithica. I'll be expecting the change to be on the TR within the week.

Keep it a summoner spell, increase range a bit, drop cd, 3 sec dmg taken cd.

Cool deal.

GuyGin

03-31-2010

Just wanted to suggest getting rid of it and having some item like the blink dagger in the game.

In DotA and in this game, MANY characters rely heavily on flash to initiate. The game is short on initiators, which is why I think that an item to help heroes initiate should be implemented.

Here's the thing though:
- It would need to be a significant range. Currently, flash is worthless or of little use for initiation, because it's just so small rangewise. So for the item, it should be at least 600 range.
- The item should be geared toward tanks, but not have too many stats on it. You dont want to encourage every dps to pick it up just as an escape tool.

The other option would simply be to give more tanks good initiation skills, rather than forcing them to walk through a gauntlet of ranged fire in order to get a melee disruption off.

I do NOT like the whole "3 second damage taken CD" thing, because even with that CD it can be extremely easy to use as an escape. While it wouldn't always be a get out of fail free card, if you can get into bushes, it will virtually ensure your escape as the opponent would have to walk into the bushes to hit you, thus giving you 3 seconds to blink away.

Further, the 3 second on hit thing would still not be viable for initiation unless the range was MUCH greater, as with something like 600 range you would be within attack range of enemy heroes before you could even viably use it to initiate. And increasing its range to 700 or 800 would just be insanity in terms of escape potential.

Talamare

03-31-2010

Cleanse shouldnt be flat out buffed btw - add that buff as a defensive mastery point

SoSalty

03-31-2010

I guarantee right now, if Flash is removed, many people will be complaining about blink champions and how they get away from death. That's why the change to blink dagger summoner spell seems like a good idea.