What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argent Shaman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2010

Overall flash is a necessary spell for some champions to help fill a gap that they are missing such as Alistar or to help with positioning (Fiddle's Ult) but in general it is a strong spell but it should be a spell that not everyone should feel the need to take. I've heard many people say this suggestion before but I feel it is one of the better ways to deal with flash and make it more of an initiator ability instead of just a get of of jail free card.

- Whenever flash is off cooldown and you receive damage (Engage in combat) flash is put on a soft cooldown (ex. 3 seconds). - ( This will allow Flash to still be used as a offensive ability for initiating and repositioning but once you've engaged in combat then you are essential without flash unless you manage to break combat. )

I feel that would be one of the better ways to fix Flash instead of just straight up removing it.

~Argent

Sedon

03-31-2010

Mpalm you got connections right? Make this happen.

Talamare

03-31-2010

On the slight topic of heal spell

Remove the aoe component

Add a defensive mastery point that increases the heal by 50% (ish)
Add a support mastery point that adds the current 50% aoe heal

Make both points deep enough that you can not get both

Also add a passive component to heal that gives you 0.5 health regen per level

ibplunderin

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crithica View Post
So I was right. You people are complaining for your own benefit. How sad and pathetic.
how so? Because I have escaped so many ganks I shouldnt' have by using flash, and have had ganks ruined because they just lolescape from them?

Flash is great for initiation, Alistar isnt' as much of a threat if he just walks up to you since you can kite him, if he flashes in and displaces your team then he is doing a great job as tank/initiator.

With flash how it is right now its used almost exclusively to escape or to counter their flash.

If we just get rid of Flash everyone will use ghost instead.

Ghost and flash should both be viable choices, if you make flash more for initiation and less for loliescaped then my games wouldn't have 10 people just using flash (or if you got rid of flash, having 10 people just using ghost) There would be some that use flash to initiate and pre-empively escape ganks, and some that use ghost to chase or use cleanse and escape from ganks that you couldnt' from with flash.

*plus, if you are saying I want to change it to this so I can benifit more its not, I play mostly Twitch, Anivia, and Heimer. How the hell would this change benifit me, I won't be able to lolescape anymore. Its not like I charge at people with heimer so I can get insta-kills -__-

Sphinx001

03-31-2010

I use flash because i pretty much have to. I wouldn't mind if you took it out. The suggested changes would work.

Detha

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crithica View Post
You don't seem to understand that, whatever Riot's intentions for Flash may have been, it was created with the option for defensive use. You're complaining because you can't effectively and constantly counter it's defensive side. You want free kills. You are bad.
Free kills? Do you have downs or something? Wow.

When my team succesfully traps an enemy player, or succesfully catches them off-guard or in a bad position, we outplayed him. He positioned himself badly, and we use that to our advantage to kill him. This player, however, uses the summoner skill "Flash" to make up for his own mistakes that should have killed him.

So, I'm voting for removing/changing skill that dumbs down gameplay by fixing positioning mistakes, in a game that is all about proper positioning. I'm voting to remove the skill that makes the game easier. You are voting to keep it the way it is (thus keeping the game easier). Sorry, but you're the one that is bad.

Vykenos

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnibus View Post
you could try:

-increase range of flash
-cannot use within 5 seconds of taking damage

(like the forums suggested about a million times)

just a thought.
^^ This. Make it a "Get out of fail" skill card... You can initiate with it and if you are good and see the gank/fail coming it gets you out of trouble but not after you are in trouble.

CruciferZ

03-31-2010

Here's an idea:

Keep Flash as is: HOWEVER - Make it channel to cast...like Fiddle's Ult.

3 sec channel -> Flash to cursor location.

Stuns cancel the channel - Like fiddle.

This way it is purely used as an initiator spell not something you can pop when being ganked.

Omnimesh

Adjudicator

03-31-2010

I have my opinions about Flash, but I want to say want I think would be a good idea for heal. The self heal would be a good idea, but when it comes to matches in 5vs5 healing as a team is a nice way to turn the tide. So, how about two heals?

One heal simply heals a lot more just for you. It's good for a solo hero like Shaco or Eve, that need that extra life when they go pure damage. The other heal is obvious. A team heal that is based off of something like 5% of your max life. That way, it's tank orriented or even have a formula in it X = Level of Champion times .6 AP.

Xixy

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibplunderin View Post
how so? Because I have escaped so many ganks I shouldnt' have by using flash, and have had ganks ruined because they just lolescape from them?

Flash is great for initiation, Alistar isnt' as much of a threat if he just walks up to you since you can kite him, if he flashes in and displaces your team then he is doing a great job as tank/initiator.

With flash how it is right now its used almost exclusively to escape or to counter their flash.

If we just get rid of Flash everyone will use ghost instead.

Ghost and flash should both be viable choices, if you make flash more for initiation and less for loliescaped then my games wouldn't have 10 people just using flash (or if you got rid of flash, having 10 people just using ghost) There would be some that use flash to initiate and pre-empively escape ganks, and some that use ghost to chase or use cleanse and escape from ganks that you couldnt' from with flash.
That's exactly why. Whether or not Flash was intended for initiating, it was given the ability for escaping. It's not a design flaw, it's how it works. You're sad and pathetic because you think you're entitled to a free kill just because you got together for a gank. That's not the case. You aren't entitled to anything, but you think you are. That's why you're complaining. Flash can and will be used for initiating when necessary, but that doesn't mean it can't also be used for escaping just because it robs your ego of a pat on the back.