Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1133 4.23%
Voters 26768 .

What should we do with Flash?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeron

Recruiter

03-31-2010

Quote:
Detha:
The reason Fiddlesticks needs Flash is because people Flash out of his ultimate after he casts it, and he needs Flash to chase them.


In which case, removing it in some form from both parties involved still works out for Fiddle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ibplunderin

Member

03-31-2010

I vote for just changing flash into the blink dagger, rather than just get rid of flash and make a blink dagger item.

If Flash couldn't be used until 3 secs out of taking hero damage, had the range increased, and got rid of the projectile popping it would be so much better.

Then it couldn't be used to escape ganks, but you can if you see them coming and use it pre-emptively.
It would also not lose any of the initiation ability it has, it would actually gain a little since its range would be increased a bit. So alistar and other tanks/fiddle will still do well with it.

If you made flash like blink dagger and the other parts I explained above, then it wouldn't be as much of a defensive item, and be used more for initiation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xixy

Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
ibplunderin:
I vote for just changing flash into the blink dagger, rather than just get rid of flash and make a blink dagger item.

If Flash couldn't be used until 3 secs out of taking hero damage, had the range increased, and got rid of the projectile popping it would be so much better.

Then it couldn't be used to escape ganks, but you can if you see them coming and use it pre-emptively.
It would also not lose any of the initiation ability it has, it would actually gain a little since its range would be increased a bit. So alistar and other tanks/fiddle will still do well with it.

If you made flash like blink dagger and the other parts I explained above, then it wouldn't be as much of a defensive item, and be used more for initiation.

So I was right. You people are complaining for your own benefit. How sad and pathetic.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Detha

Recruiter

03-31-2010

Quote:
simschi:
Maybe u should let flash like it is, but bann it for some Heroes like Annie and Fiddle.


Ok, so let me get this straight. The problem is that Flash, a spell used for initiating (an offensive action) is being used for escaping (a defensive action). Your proposal to make Flash less useful for escaping and use in defensive action, and make it more useful for initiating and use in offensive action is to ban it from one of the few heroes that actually use it offensively. Good thinking.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tervic

Junior Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
Detha:
The reason Fiddlesticks needs Flash is because people Flash out of his ultimate after he casts it, and he needs Flash to chase them.

A fair point, though with the summoner flash range nerf, he's still very killable, especially with frozen mallet and a competent ranged dps player.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stalos

Senior Member

03-31-2010

I'm all for an expensive item to replace Flash and altering the functionality and range to make it similar to Blink Dagger.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xixy

Member

03-31-2010

Quote:
Detha:
Ok, so let me get this straight. The problem is that Flash, a spell used for initiating (an offensive action) is being used for escaping (a defensive action). Your proposal to make Flash less useful for escaping and use in defensive action, and make it more useful for initiating and use in offensive action is to ban it from one of the few heroes that actually use it offensively. Good thinking.

You don't seem to understand that, whatever Riot's intentions for Flash may have been, it was created with the option for defensive use. You're complaining because you can't effectively and constantly counter it's defensive side. You want free kills. You are bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tervic

Junior Member

03-31-2010

blegh, I don't want to have to waste farming and an item slot just to be able to use flash D:


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BuckBanzai

Senior Member

03-31-2010

I don't like flash and I'm certainly glad the range has been reduced, but it's as game changing as most of the other abilities. Tower going down? Fortify or Teleport to the tower. It's just as maddening at level 1 or 2 to beat an enemy down to 10 hp and they pop heal, or rally, or ignite, or ghost, or teleport, or a potion, or get an Alistar or Soraka to heal them. To remove flash because of me and players like me isn't fair to those that like it.

As an Ashe player, I really can't stand cleanse or Sivir's shield. When I play teemo, I can't stand vision wards or oracles. Flash is a counter to stuns, etc. Yes, people use it to tower dive, but that's what melee champs have to do. Ranged champs can just run in a bit and do the damage. I hate being tower dived, but I love harassing the poor tower hugging enemy.

The problem is that there's no item that you can buy that does the same thing. So if you don't take it and find out you should have, you're out of luck.

So, even though I don't like flash, I'd keep it in the game and ALSO have an item that replicates the ability - either low price/long cooldown or high price/short cooldown.

There are more than 48 champs - I'd argue that you need more spells that counter/amplify the abilities and make people try new combinations. By keeping flash, you add one more thing I have to think about.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gzboli

Recruiter

03-31-2010

1)DotA blink dagger, except with LoL flash functionality.
An improvement at least.

2)"Summoner Dash"

I could see this spell replacing cleanse for many players(as flash already does). Especially when draft mode is implemented... If the other team is snare heavy but lacks stuns then this will be immensely effective. More effective than these generic summoner spells should be.

3) Modify cleanse to be 65% cc reduction after you use it for one second longer than currently.
Cleanse is a strong spell already, but I think of the 4 ideas this is the most reasonable.

4) Remove the team heal aspect of heal, and make it significantly better for self healing.
I don't understand why this is on the list? This has strange implications for solo lane strategy and jungling.