Gragas and tanky teams

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Destabilizator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2011

I usually play Gragas with sort of weird build which suits my style a lot (basically AP with Nashor's for CDR/putting his 187 AD into use with nice atkspd). It's all nice, but blows when I see enemy team being like 4 tanks + support (Aegis Janna ><). If we can win before their tank builds kick in and my barrels still hurt, that's ok. But if the game gets longer, I feel useless. Yeah, I have my ult, but that doesn't really help when there's whole tank team with xmas balls around them (BVs). I know there are 4 other ppl in my team, but I myself wanna be useful too.
What do? I was really playing with idea of some sort of hybrid build with Madred's or so - Deathfire doesn't really help vs. tanks :> Does anyone have some build to use vs. beefy teams?

Tubelord

06-27-2011

I like building nashors first as well, synergizes excellently. If you are the teams tank however and the other team is very tanky, youll probably have to stop nashors at the CDR/AP/mp5 book (forget name), and start going for the tanky items. later on in the game you can turn that book into a deathfire grasp to add some good burst to the bulkier focus fire target. sure it wont take a third of their life away due to MR but it will take off a good chunk and mark who to burst so the other dmg dealers can focus. Void staff can keep you competitive if they are stacking mr and you are focusing on AP.

Overall, gragas is not a good pick imo vs 4 tanky + support (esp as a AD), unless he fits into your team comp somehow (barrel ult -> malzahar pool + ult combo).

pubstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2011

I go full AP on Gragas. He's a great pick when there are squishes such as Ashe/MF/Nocturne/Caitlyn etc etc.

You can get a double kill with a quick Q/Ult combo and shut down their entire team before the team fight can progress.