Baron at 15min in.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golly

09-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teran View Post
Does this strategy require that you be on a premade rolling a pug?

You were a little unclear on that point, judging a strategy based on how it works in completely unfair circumstances (team vs pug) might cause problems when you go up against people who know what they're doing.

No.

Floatzel

09-03-2009

you guys are cool dudes.

Nerdrage

09-03-2009

Oooo looks like fun. I'd actually like to try playing against that too. Seems interesting.

Jpeg

09-04-2009

i'ts really not as game breaking as it once was. as the baron buff doesn't give you the huge bonuses it once did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatzel View Post
you guys are cool dudes.
thanks, good meeting you

Twisted

09-04-2009

Here is the update from last nights testing. We have managed to kill baron at 9:30 minutes with zero smites but the reduction in the buff makes it far from game breaking at this point. In fact it actualy seemed to harm us in the long term. After getting the buff we approached the other teams as we have in the past with, no fear, and where often handed our asses for it.

When we were able to push we only were able to take out 1 or 2 towers at best and since the new strat requires the creep claws(not sure of the name) it leaves us weakened in team fights. In one game we were able to kill baron 2 times in less then 25 minutes with no measurable games in lanes pushs. At least none greater then could be accomplished by well organised pushs. On the third attempt at baron they got us with a clarvoyence and killed all of our team but 1.

We ended up performing horribly in team fights since our heroes and items were focused on quick baron kills. Overall I think the viabilty of focused baron/push strategy has been relugated to pub smashes were it should not even be needed. I am happy with the new changes they have made, as Sajuuk said "Now Baron is there for a a winning team to get that final edge it needs to finish the game quickly". Focusing sololy on baron removes to much of the focus from team play and swtiched it to ignore everything else for teh sake of baron and gg.

We are going back to our standard competetive heroes for the time being. One of us will update this thread if we develope any new strat's.

Btw our last make tried was warwick, tristana, sivir, scion, gemknight. tristana and warwick had creep claws. and we had 2 rallies.