So apparently I was banned... What?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greikad

06-14-2011

So guyz, today I got a ban.. -.- Just like that.. I didn't get to know the reason for it or anything.
I read some on the forums and a guy said that you get a warning before the ban.
I immediately checked my mail and found this, an e-mail from Riot:

Greetings greikad,

Certain in-Game activity on your account has been found to be in violation of the Summonerís Code by the Tribunal.

The most common cause for this warning is either harassment or disruption of gameplay (intentional feeding, etc.). Bear in mind that the definition of harassment can range from direct, overt verbal harassment, to intentionally creating an unpleasant gameplay environment.

This is a friendly warning to encourage you to respect the Summoner's Code and contribute to the community in a positive light.

Thanks for your understanding, and best of luck on the Fields of Justice!

Summoner's Code: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/artic...Summoners_Code

You can read the Tribunal FAQ here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/faq

Terms of Use: http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/legal/termsofuse

And I was like whhhhaaatttt is this? It doesn't say anything about why I was banned.
Do note that this e-mail either came after the ban or along with it. I didn't get a warning before the supsension.
Please, is there anyway I can check the reason for my ban?
How could I else learn from my mistakes and correct my ways?

Mísanthropic

06-14-2011

I can't help but to get images like these in my head whenever I hear, or even think of the "Tribunal":

Gangsterka

06-14-2011

Tribunal is the worst thing I've seen.. people telling other players to "F**k Your Mother" than they don't get banned.. but when many report come on one player people just punish him.

jokull

06-14-2011

if you're a level 30 summoner, try logging into the tribunal and doing a few cases, see what people get reported for, and then you can figure out what to avoid. in general though, i can only say avoid yelling at obvious trolls, dont troll other people, dont feed or try to ruin games on purpose, or verbally harass people with racial epithets, etc.

just act like you would see that person tomorrow at school/work and that they would know what you said, and act like you would towards friends. the anonymity of the internet is an awful thing sometimes

Greikad

06-14-2011

I'm not level 30 so that's not possible, also.. I always act as politely as I can and I always do my best when inside a game.
This is the part that's puzzling me. I just can't understand why someone would report me.

That's why I'd like to see the reason for my temporary suspension. I just shouldn't have gotten a ban.. me being a saint and all.

SuperSpacePope

06-14-2011

Hehee "me being a saint and all." reminds me of the phrase if you meet the Buddha on the road..."

Sorry to hear that you feel your punishment is/was unfair. I imagine there will be growing pains with this new system. But I feel I still might get a punishment for some of the behavior I put forth in some of my earlier games. If so I will accept the communities decision

SuperSpacePope

06-14-2011

BTW: It would be nice if you could review the case yourself or at least see what others saw when they past judgement!

Greikad

06-14-2011

Yes.. I did actually imagine that you would be able to do that when I first heard about Tribunal.

If the banned people don't know why they were banned how can they better themselves and avoid doing the same things in the future?

DJ Radix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2011

Asking on the forums will get you nowhere.

Contact them through customer service.

Domine Kira

06-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greikad View Post
I'm not level 30 so that's not possible, also.. I always act as politely as I can and I always do my best when inside a game.
This is the part that's puzzling me. I just can't understand why someone would report me.

That's why I'd like to see the reason for my temporary suspension. I just shouldn't have gotten a ban.. me being a saint and all.
Why would you post on a level 1 account to talk about how you're a saint?